edited July 2016
    Options
    they done showed this whole movie in the damn trailers
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DWO wrote: »
    they done showed this whole movie in the damn trailers

They still havent revealed the big bad (tho most ppl know), what exactly Batmans role is and the 3rd act...
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hope this movie isn't following assault on Arkham to the letter. Will Smith should've been black spider instead of dead shot.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hope this movie isn't following assault on Arkham to the letter. Will Smith should've been black spider instead of dead shot.

Or Bronze Tiger or something.

In the Suicide Squad series of comics i own deadshot has died twice (or so it seemed he died) but of course came back. I wonder if Smith will be the one who dies. Rumors are Deadshot or Slipknot will be the ones who die. In the trailers though, you can see quite a few scenes where slipknot is not with the crew. Hes also probably the weakest member so im pretty sure hes going to be the one to die.
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

They shouldn't make Will such a weak character as black spider, any no name should play him. Dead shot is perfect so he could be in standalone films or appear later on in the DC universe with Harley Quinn.
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    DCEU!!!!!>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Suicide Squad Projected to Beat Guardians of the Galaxy's Opening Weekend Record

suicide-squad-opening-weekend-box-office-record-guardians-galaxy-191436.jpg

After the controversy and divisiveness of Batman v Superman, DC Comics and Warner Bros. are looking for an indisputable blockbuster movie success in Suicide Squad, which will open the DC Extended Universe up in a big way by showcasing the super villain underbelly of the superhero world. Led by a big-name cast that includes Will Smith, Margot Robbie, Viola Davis, and Jared Leto as The Joker, Suicide Squad is poised to capture a lot of attention during San Diego Comic-Con 2016 - as well as when it opens in theaters this August.

With the growing hype surrounding the film - generated by a pretty awesome promotional campaign - the question has recently become not if Suicide Squad will do well at the box office, but rather how well it will do. And early projections are that DC/WB's supervillain team-up film could do better than any other comic book movie has in August - including Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy.

The Wrap reports that Suicide Squad is projected to open at over $100 million domestically when it hits theaters on August 5th; Guardians of the Galaxy currently holds the record for an August opening, with a $94.3 million premiere weekend in 2014. While news that the oft-criticized DCEU could finally beat the Marvel Cinematic Universe in a box office showdown, there are a few factors to remember before we get into the usual fanboy flame-war:

Suicide Squad is a risk, since it's an unorthodox and lesser-known comic book property; but Guardians of the Galaxy is what instilled mainstream moviegoers with the confidence that cool-looking, off-beat comic book movies can be worth the ticket price.

Suicide Squad has a big cast of well-known actors both acclaimed (Davis, Leto) and bankable (Smith, Robbie). Guardians earned its dollars on the backs of yet-to-be-proven talent like Chris Pratt, with only a few celebrity voices (Bradley Cooper, Vin Diesel) bringing the star power.

Suicide Squad is offering moviegoers iconic (and bankable) characters like The Joker and Batman back on the big screen. Guardians of the Galaxy sold audiences on alien beings like a foul-mouthed, gun-loving raccoon, and a monosyllabic tree. No real contest there.

All this chit-chat about August winners doesn't mean much when compared to the rest of 2016: Even if Suicide Squad hits high projections like $115 - 120 million, Marvel still killed it with Captain America: Civil War earning $180 million in its opening weekend, while Batman v Superman pulled in $166 million. Even Deadpool snagged $132 million, despite being released in February with an R rating. Let's keep perspective here.

...And come on, if we're being honest, Suicide Squad's throwback soundtrack and off-kilter humorous marketing campaign borrow just a tiny bit from the GotG marketing playbook. Just a tiny bit.

But rather than focus on the "DC vs. Marvel" of it all, perhaps let's focus on the thing most fans of either camp are hoping for: an entertaining comic book movie to close out summer. If you haven't seen them yet, check out the recent series of Suicide Squad character videos that offer new footage of the cast and characters.

Also be sure to watch out for our Suicide Squad Comic-Con panel and press coverage, during SDCC16.

Extended Joker TV Spot
    Harley Quinn TV Spot
    "Sucker for Pain" TV Spot
    New Joker Toy Reveals SPOILER
    Suicide Squad hits theaters on August 5, 2016. Stay tuned to our Comic-Con 2016 coverage for updates!

The DCEU continues with Wonder Woman on June 2, 2017; Justice League Part One on November 17, 2017; The Flash on March 16, 2018; Aquaman on July 27, 2018; an untitled DC Film on October 5, 2018; Shazam on April 5, 2019; Justice League Part Two on June 14, 2019; an untitled DC film on November 1, 2019; Cyborg on April 3, 2020; and Green Lantern Corps on July 24, 2020

http://comicbook.com/2016/07/21/suicide-squad-opening-weekend-box-office-record-marvel-guardians/
  • nj2089
    nj2089 Members Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nj2089 wrote: »

I don't like the animation style but at least it will have action to make up for it like batman brave and the good.
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Im gonna get her pregnant.
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    Im gonna get her pregnant.

She's married man lol
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just watched the Ultimate Edition of BvS. If they would've went with this cut out the gate and didn't completely botch the marketing then I think the reception would've been a whole lot more positive
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Reports are saying the aquaman movie has its script writer. William beall who's dome the training day tv show and gangster squad.

If anyone remembers, a bit over a year ago there were reports of 3 story writers writing for aquaman. The best script would be chosen by James Wan and the movie would get underway. William beall was one of those 3 writers. Things happened and James Wan scrapped all 3 of the screenplays. James Wan and Geoff Johns then made the screen play and William beall has been hired back on to the project to make the script for the story Wan and Johns produced. Glad Johns got in there to write the movie. I'm so excited to see what his work does to the dc movie universe. I would want his job so bad. He made aquaman dope af to me.
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    #1hiphopjunki3 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Margot Robbie looks like she is gonna be a great Harley. She is already helping ease my worries from the trailers.
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That WW trailer flames. Gal kicking all kinds of ass
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭