The Official DC Cinematic Universe thread - Now Showing - "The Justice League"

Options

Comments

• Agrv2385
    Agrv2385 Members Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bdbdbd wrote: »
    if DC dont come hard in late 2016/2017 they need to just give it up....

i was always more of a fan of DC characters, they were just a lot darker and grimier, i have high hopes for WW, SS, JL and Aquaman looks sick as well, but if these movies flop (not from a money point of view but from a enjoyment point of view) ill be done with DC movies..... ? BvS left an all so sour taste with me. but hopefully that was what the first incredible hulk was to marvel

i grew up on dc so they mean a bit more to me. but i love the marvel movies too im a fan of both which its a great time to be. exccept how they ruinin the power rangers makin um look like some ? outt destiny
  • ghost!
    ghost! Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Agrv2385 wrote: »
    people always gon ? about somethin. we bout to see the justice league in a live action movie. this somethn ive always wanted to see so ? the pessimistic naysayers. dont go see it then *shrugs shoulders*

There's the difference. Learn to understand a debate frm someone just b*tch...the ? is out there to discuss.

I think its the other way around. If ppl dont want to hear/read any constructive points of views...dont get involved.
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Options
    ghost! wrote: »
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    People arent watching Superhero movies for acting ability of the actors/actresses playing these characters. You had oscar winning so called great actors/actresses in superhero movies who sucked and new/young/barely known actors killing the roles.

You kinda of contradicting yourself though. U said ppl arent watching these movies for acting (which is not true) then you pointed out how some actors did in the roles...if we werent watching for their actin then how did u notice?

Maybe im not making sense...but u gotta be able to act to play these roles to..especially to portray....

im sorry, u can say what you want about a movie being just a "popcorn" movie...but if the actor or actress ? the role..thats ? up the movie and more importantly the character/superhero

Thats a big reason i was never a fan of Bale's batman....to me it was soooo bad.

I'm not, hes questioning Gal acting abilities as to why hes unimpressed, my point 1. If she was an award winning actress you and others wouldn't be saying that, also it has no bearing on superhero films.

And most importantly

2. No one going care about her acting skills, if the action scenes is good, the story/plot makes sense, connects/adds to the DCU and if its faithful to Wonder Woman Mythos.

Most consider Bale's Batman films one the Gold Standards in Superhero films and it had nothing to do with Bale portryal of Batman.

You had Affleck giving the best performance as Batman yet BVS sucked in comparison to the Nolan's films.

I understand your first part, but i just dont get who you speak to that wouldn't care if the actor or actress wasn't be good.

And Nolan's batman movie is str8. I respect his take on it. A little too dragged out n not enough "comic-book like scenes" for me..not the gold standard n my book.

And your example of a good actor protrayal in a good movie vs a bad movie shouldnt have anything to do with thier performance per say.. .the actors job is to be good regradless of the movie.

I.e. Affleck in BvS

You're in the extreme minority in that regard and to keep it 100 Your book is not taken that serious with how you much liked that horrible Xmen Apocolypse movie.

Gal Godot can give an Oscar worthy performance as WW but if the story sucks, makes no sense, full of plot holes, does nothing for the buliding DC Movie Verse, fight scenes are ? and the effects trash, and doesn't stick to WW mythos it will be a garbage movie.

If those are on point and she give just a decent/avg performance it will be a very good to great film.

If folks want to say that Gal Gadot isn't big/popular enough to carry the WW franchise or that female leads aren't as successfull as male leads, it's a valid concern. The she isn't good enough actress and that she needs to be carried arguement doesn't hold water to me.

Chris Evans wasnt a major star/draw and not many were calling him a great actor yet he has 2 of the best Superhero films, both of which featured alot of people and aren't really solo films, no says he was carried.
  • ghost!
    edited July 2016
    Options
    People arent watching Superhero movies for acting ability of the actors/actresses playing these characters. You had oscar winning so called great actors/actresses in superhero movies who sucked and new/young/barely known actors killing the roles.

You kinda of contradicting yourself though. U said ppl arent watching these movies for acting (which is not true) then you pointed out how some actors did in the roles...if we werent watching for their actin then how did u notice?

Maybe im not making sense...but u gotta be able to act to play these roles to..especially to portray....

im sorry, u can say what you want about a movie being just a "popcorn" movie...but if the actor or actress ? the role..thats ? up the movie and more importantly the character/superhero

Thats a big reason i was never a fan of Bale's batman....to me it was soooo bad.

I'm not, hes questioning Gal acting abilities as to why hes unimpressed, my point 1. If she was an award winning actress you and others wouldn't be saying that, also it has no bearing on superhero films.

And most importantly

2. No one going care about her acting skills, if the action scenes is good, the story/plot makes sense, connects/adds to the DCU and if its faithful to Wonder Woman Mythos.

Most consider Bale's Batman films one the Gold Standards in Superhero films and it had nothing to do with Bale portryal of Batman.

You had Affleck giving the best performance as Batman yet BVS sucked in comparison to the Nolan's films.

I understand your first part, but i just dont get who you speak to that wouldn't care if the actor or actress wasn't be good.

And Nolan's batman movie is str8. I respect his take on it. A little too dragged out n not enough "comic-book like scenes" for me..not the gold standard n my book.

And your example of a good actor protrayal in a good movie vs a bad movie shouldnt have anything to do with thier performance per say.. .the actors job is to be good regradless of the movie.

I.e. Affleck in BvS

You're in the extreme minority in that regard and to keep it 100 Your book is not taken that serious with how you much liked that horrible Xmen Apocolypse movie.

In a extreme minority about what? And my opinion matters as much as yours whether i like xmen Apocalypse or not, Please express to me how anything i ever posted doesnt speak of me not knowing what im talking about n respect to this genres? If that was the case then nobody would ever pay attention to the strictly DC fanboys in terms of movies right?

Gal Godot can give an Oscar worthy performance as WW but if the story sucks, makes no sense, full of plot holes, does nothing for the buliding DC Movie Verse, fight scenes are ? and the effects trash, and doesn't stick to WW mythos it will be a garbage movie.

If those are on point and she give just a decent/avg performance it will be a very good to great film.

If folks want to say that Gal Gadot isn't big/popular enough to carry the WW franchise or that female leads aren't as successfull as male leads, it's a valid concern. The she isn't good enough actress and that she needs to be carried arguement doesn't hold water to me.

I never had an issue with Gal execept at the time she was too boney. After seeing her in BvS im on bored w her n hyped for the movie..

Nobody should think these movies need to have already established actor when these movies started kicking off they started with unknown actors n actresses......

And i originally dont know what you and dude was truly debating. But a bad performance could ruin a movie. Especially these types of movies because of the fanboys (using that term not as a diss). You and Broddie are DC guys until you die. Im sure if they f up any of these characters slightly you guys will be on it quick!!

Really i lost the point in all this or i was never understanding the point to begin with. My fault for that.

But dont need established actor to play the role. just do the role n character justice.

Gal is never above any criticism of any kind for whatever reason good or bad....again the stuff is put out there to talk about.
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn near everytime people ? about an actor taking on a role, they end up proven wrong.

Heath as Joker
    Tom Hardy as Bane
    Hugh Jackman as Wolverine
    Ben Affleck as Batman
    RDJ as Iron Man

Hollywood definitely has its share of miscasts i.e. Halle Berry as Storm, Halle Berry as Catwoman, or Topher Grace as Venom. But it's worth giving them a chance to prove their worth for better or worse. It's crazy Gal Gadot already was good, though limited, in BvS yet now she has to prove herself all over again because comic book fans hate female actresses.

I don't see anybody ? about Ray Fisher, a Broadway actor no one knows about, being given a headlining role and promised his own movie only a few years from now.
  • soul rattler
    Options
    And whoever said we don't watch this ? for the acting is a damn lie. When Morgan Freeman, Robert Redford, Ian McKellen, Patrick Stewart, Samuel L Jackson, Sylvester Stallone, Jeremy Irons, Angela Basset, Viola Davis, and Michael Caine are signing up for these movies, it ain't for ? and giggles my ? .

That's some GOAT level talent.
  • nujerz84
    edited July 2016
    Options
    And whoever said we don't watch this ? for the acting is a damn lie. When Morgan Freeman, Robert Redford, Ian McKellen, Patrick Stewart, Samuel L Jackson, Sylvester Stallone, Jeremy Irons, Angela Basset, Viola Davis, and Michael Caine are signing up for these movies, it ain't for ? and giggles my ? .

That's some GOAT level talent.

Some that so called Goat level talent has put up some mediocre performances or have been in some terrible superhero films.

Marvel Studios has proven to put out quality films using alot young new, in some cases barely known talent, not seen anywhere near as GOAT level yet the have succeeded in making great films that heavily story driven.

People aren't watching BVS or Civil War due to the cast/actors. They are watching because these are iconic comic characters that been around 80 years with already built in audience and fanbase loyal to these characters, being able to watch them come to life on screen.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    Damn near everytime people ? about an actor taking on a role, they end up proven wrong.

Heath as Joker
    Tom Hardy as Bane
    Ben Affleck as Batman
    RDJ as Iron Man

Hollywood definitely has its share of miscasts i.e. Halle Berry as Storm, Halle Berry as Catwoman, or Topher Grace as Venom. But it's worth giving them a chance to prove their worth for better or worse. It's crazy Gal Gadot already was good, though limited, in BvS yet now she has to prove herself all over again because comic book fans hate female actresses.

I don't see anybody ? about Ray Fisher, a Broadway actor no one knows about, being given a headlining role and promised his own movie only a few years from now.

People were actually excited for Tom Hardy as Bane
  • nujerz84
    Options

Heath as Joker
    Tom Hardy as Bane
    Ben Affleck as Batman
    RDJ as Iron Man

Yeah..and he sucked. People need to let these play out.
  • reapin505
    reapin505 Members Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    reapin505 wrote: »
    EBRC

2ikzfif.png

She ? beautiful damn...

I'm honestly more excited for WW right now, praying it does good. Aquaman in JL I'm looking forward too also. Momoa needs more good roles then to finance a new Conan movie with him.

I thought he was an awesome Conan, just a ? director. The dude that directed pathfinder did that movie and if it had a better writer/director, it might've been better than the original.

Agreed. What the movie was initially was fantastic and actually adapted a REH story iirc. Sucks it failed so bad.
    Beta wrote: »
    Didn't really care for that justice league trailer

Looked cheesy and like the whole movie is the recruitment
    I seen that wonder woman movie before

It's called captain America the first avenger

Et tu, Beta?

I'm joking about the WWII theme for WW

World War One. Damn it public schools.
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Heath as Joker
    Tom Hardy as Bane
    Ben Affleck as Batman
    RDJ as Iron Man

And RDJ as iron man
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    tumblr_oas9xkAfeI1udwsc5o4_500.gif
    tumblr_oas9xkAfeI1udwsc5o5_500.gif
    tumblr_oas9xkAfeI1udwsc5o1_500.gif
    tumblr_oas9xkAfeI1udwsc5o3_500.gif
    tumblr_oas9xkAfeI1udwsc5o2_500.gif

All look dope. It definitely seems like this aquaman is based off that pirate looking aquaman with a hook for a hand. Be cool if he loses a hand in justice league.
  • eyes low
    eyes low Members Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Heath as Joker
    Tom Hardy as Bane
    Ben Affleck as Batman
    RDJ as Iron Man

And RDJ as iron man

im pretty sure rdj was selected by a fan vote
  • L3NU
    L3NU Members Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Was at comicon saw the DC panel

Wonder woman cast came out and showed the trailer, was in my opinion the most dope ? they showed for dc

All the directors came out for the dc movies in progress most of them seem passionate about the project

Then they brought out the cast of justice League but they ain't say nothing lol they came on stage showed the trailer and then bounced

Next up was suicide squad, movie looks dope the panel didn't get to say much it was almost all will Smith doing the talking, but it was cool

Then they had a trailer for Lego batman, wouldn't see it in theatres but it looked funny

DC panel was strong and it was probably the 2nd best panel at comicon
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol at will Smith doing the talking. Not surprising. I noticed that in one vid, justice league came out, showed the trailer, then left. Didn't say anything. Then they tried making superman there a big surprise or some ? . Like we don't expect him to come back alive lol.
  • soul rattler
    Options

Heath as Joker
    Tom Hardy as Bane
    Ben Affleck as Batman
    RDJ as Iron Man

I remember people ? about his height.

And when Favreau wanted RDJ, it's well known at this point that Feige and Marvel didn't want him at first. You willing to bet there weren't a ? load of people laughing at the idea of a borderline washed up actor playing a C list hero?
  • nujerz84
    Options
    If Justice League Movie release date holds..It will be on the 16th Anniversary The Justice League Cartoon debuted.
  • ghost!
    Options

Heath as Joker
    Tom Hardy as Bane
    Ben Affleck as Batman
    RDJ as Iron Man

The ? ?? Dude was nice as Bane?
  • nujerz84
    edited July 2016
    Options

Heath as Joker
    Tom Hardy as Bane
    Ben Affleck as Batman
    RDJ as Iron Man

That ? wasn't Bane

Took a Latino Character and made him a European ?

No Santa Prisca no Pena Duro

No Venom to make him stronger its some gas that eases pain from some injury he got in Jail (Never explained),

Bane physical appearance doesn't change at all.

Took his origin Story and gave it to Talia Al Ghul

His accent was so horrible its comically bad and combine that with his mouth covered with that mask it's hard to understand what he's saying, they actually had to fix that in the editing when they showed parts of the film to fans and got feedback and it was still an issue.

There a slight nod to couple Bane Storylines Knightfall (breaking Batman back) and Legacy (Relationship with Talia and League of Assasins)

But overall Hardy as Bane was ass.
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Options
    should of went john Stewart...

why the black man gotta be the mangled hero....
  • ghost!
    Options

Heath as Joker
    Tom Hardy as Bane
    Ben Affleck as Batman
    RDJ as Iron Man

That ? wasn't Bane

No Venom to make him stronger its some gas that eases pain from some injury he got in Jail (Never explained),

His accent was so horrible its comically bad and combine that with his mouth covered with that mask it's hard to understand what he's saying, they actually had to fix that in the editing when they showed parts of the film to fans and got feedback and it was still an issue.

There a slight nod to couple Bane Storylines Knightfall (breaking Batman back) and Legacy (Relationship with Talia and League of Assasins)

All u did was describe the character that had nothing to do with Hardy's acting. Thats Nolan's if you wanna blame someone...And remember. It was NOLAN'S version on what he envision Bane to be...and u do knw directors do that all the time..(change the character up) i dont like when they do it, but sometimes it works for me.

Hardy was nice as bane. We just gonna disagree.
  • nujerz84
    edited July 2016
    Options

Heath as Joker
    Tom Hardy as Bane
    Ben Affleck as Batman
    RDJ as Iron Man

That ? wasn't Bane

All u did was describe the character that had nothing to do with Hardy's acting. Thats Nolan's if you wanna blame someone...And remember. It was NOLAN'S version on what he envision Bane to be...and u do knw directors do that all the time..(change the character up) i dont like when they do it, but sometimes it works for me.

Hardy was nice as bane. We just gonna disagree.

And his Vision failed as it deviated from the character.

Hell nah his voice was terrible and his delivery of the dialogue was corny was ? . I couldn't take him seriously with that horrible accent.