Has Hip Hop ever made you cry?

Options
2»

Comments

• 32DaysOfInfiniti
    32DaysOfInfiniti Members Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think "So Many Tears" got me one time when I was feeling uncharacteristically vulnerable
  • psychobutcher
    psychobutcher Members Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Never you down by Kanye...

Let Nas Down by Nas...

Those two used to get me.
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I cried when auto tune became cool.
  • stackmaster 313
    stackmaster 313 Members Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jayz old intros used to give me chills
    Dynasty
    Vol1,2,3
    Blueprint 2
    When Pac died too ? was unreal
  • endboss
    endboss Members Posts: 879 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Young buck on the phone.. i know the irs is no joke i felt for this mf they make me wanna cry evertime i see my paycheck
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KamPushMe wrote: »

Lol I was gonna say... Weirdly enough this thread has been done.
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Honestly, when phife died I got out my tribe albums that day and started tearing up a few songs in
  • Beefer77
    Beefer77 Members Posts: 528 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I didn't cry but Mourn you till I join you song by Treach the video made me really miss 2 pac and also I ain't mad at you video by Pac. I didn't cry though but i.e. as swinging at the air like Cuba Gooding in Boyz in da hood scene
  • Beefer77
    Beefer77 Members Posts: 528 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nah Son wrote: »
    Beefer77 wrote: »
    I didn't cry though but i.e. as swinging at the air like Cuba Gooding in Boyz in da hood scene

The hood version of crying

vNS9og.gif

Thanks homie^^^^^* I still don't know how to upload pictures
  • Lebong James
    Lebong James Members Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Drake reading this thread nodding his head
  • Alpha_Ambition
    Alpha_Ambition Members Posts: 9,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Bcotton5

Haven't you cried multiple times listening to lil wayne?
  • whoseworldisthis
    whoseworldisthis Members Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No joke... this Scarface song is hard for me to listen to because of a situation that happened to my ? :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3BsKOV4G1Y
  • KnowReasonForPeace
    KnowReasonForPeace Members Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cost Of Sleep by skyzoo and T.R.O.Y by Pete rock and closers smooth. The first joint was the last song I heard when I found out my mother died and the second was my mom's favorite rap record.
  • Nah Son
    Nah Son Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Los216 wrote: »
    Slippin - DMX

I've listen to this song since it came out and just nodded my head to it.

Then this one day in 09 I was in my room at my moms house. I was broke as ? , didn't have no job, and wasn't enrolled in school. A ? really didn't have any direction at that time. Me and my girl had been together for 8 months and we just found out she was pregnant. She was scared, crying, nervous and all that ? . I was excited about it and trying to calm her down. At the time I was still living with my mom and my girl was still living with her mom. Her mom had just bought her a car 3 weeks earlier but she didn't have a license.

I would drive her to work everyday and basically have the car but no where to go. Still looking for jobs and ? but with nothing to really do. She was working but making a little more than minimum wage and we're both still living with our parents. I was pretty much living at her house and just coming to my moms houses to grab stuff since the two house were a 5 minute walk around the corner. With all that was going on I was still trying to remain positive for her because I knew how scared she was and how difficult the challenge would be with her being pregnant.

One day while she was at work and I didn't have ? to do I was in my room at my moms house listening to my music like I always do and the song came on. It felt like of all the times I've heard that song that time X was talking to me. Then it just hit me hard as ? . I started crying out of anger at first. Like I was ? off that I has slipped and felt like I was hitting rock bottom.

It was like he was talking to me personally. Especially when he said somethings got to change cause now I got a son. The this is your ? song and then to my boo who stuck with a ? through all the ? you'll get yours because it's due. While I was crying those words motivated the hell out of me. I knew ? wasn't gonna change instantly but I started to have a different approach on everything.

That was October 10 2009. On this day of July 28 2016 my girl is now my wife. We have three boys and a fourth due in October. And yup he's due on the 10th. Life is funny sometimes. We're doing great all things considered. Always striving to live a better life no matter what. I still think about that day I had my music on shuffle and X was talking to me. That moment will never fade and I'm cool with that.

Some of y'all might not understand it but there is real power in these words man.

Thats really dope bruh. You related to a song so much that it describes a whole chapter in your life and will forever remind you of how you felt at that time. Thats the power of music especially of rap right there
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Los216 wrote: »
    Slippin - DMX

I've listen to this song since it came out and just nodded my head to it.

Then this one day in 09 I was in my room at my moms house. I was broke as ? , didn't have no job, and wasn't enrolled in school. A ? really didn't have any direction at that time. Me and my girl had been together for 8 months and we just found out she was pregnant. She was scared, crying, nervous and all that ? . I was excited about it and trying to calm her down. At the time I was still living with my mom and my girl was still living with her mom. Her mom had just bought her a car 3 weeks earlier but she didn't have a license.

I would drive her to work everyday and basically have the car but no where to go. Still looking for jobs and ? but with nothing to really do. She was working but making a little more than minimum wage and we're both still living with our parents. I was pretty much living at her house and just coming to my moms houses to grab stuff since the two house were a 5 minute walk around the corner. With all that was going on I was still trying to remain positive for her because I knew how scared she was and how difficult the challenge would be with her being pregnant.

One day while she was at work and I didn't have ? to do I was in my room at my moms house listening to my music like I always do and the song came on. It felt like of all the times I've heard that song that time X was talking to me. Then it just hit me hard as ? . I started crying out of anger at first. Like I was ? off that I has slipped and felt like I was hitting rock bottom.

It was like he was talking to me personally. Especially when he said somethings got to change cause now I got a son. The this is your ? song and then to my boo who stuck with a ? through all the ? you'll get yours because it's due. While I was crying those words motivated the hell out of me. I knew ? wasn't gonna change instantly but I started to have a different approach on everything.

That was October 10 2009. On this day of July 28 2016 my girl is now my wife. We have three boys and a fourth due in October. And yup he's due on the 10th. Life is funny sometimes. We're doing great all things considered. Always striving to live a better life no matter what. I still think about that day I had my music on shuffle and X was talking to me. That moment will never fade and I'm cool with that.

Some of y'all might not understand it but there is real power in these words man.

No lie, "Slippin" just came on Pandora right before I saw this post. Jamming it as I type.

DMX has always been the GOAT at these types of songs.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    Cry? No but there's songs I connect to specific memories or moments so strong that if I hear them it will affect my mood or I'll change the song because I know how it would throw my mind off for a little while
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1st time I heard chopped n screwed music.I started cryin laughin at the fact you have a region worshiping that trash
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Options
    He say she say lupe fiasco

Scarface's verse on It can't be life
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Options
    No tears, but i felt the pain in these two tracks. Especially that Bone video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMYAEHE2GrM

I felt Beanie pain in this joint. He made himself cry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=By7a6ngxy-c