• Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DB ain't with CTE no more
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    loch121 wrote: »
    Too many Detroit rappers sound the same to me,but some stick out with talent more than others.

To me the underground captures the city's musical history more while the street ? capture the street life but they lack originality and the lyrical ability to be relatable outside the city

I like DBs Idk where the buzz went.Son sighned to Nas is fire and there's a few others who are dope

For some reason the underground goes natl before the commercial type music
    gum989 wrote: »
    Nobody I know of, here in Michigan, listens to any of this ? . Just the honest truth.

Tbh it seems like most of the Detroit underground are more famous outside of Michigan than they are here lol

Guys like royce,slum village etc never was popping like that in the city

Big Sean might be the first one that everyone ? wit
  • jvlioo
    jvlioo Members Posts: 570 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Too many Detroit rappers sound the same to me,but some stick out with talent more than others.

To me the underground captures the city's musical history more while the street ? capture the street life but they lack originality and the lyrical ability to be relatable outside the city

I like DBs Idk where the buzz went.Son sighned to Nas is fire and there's a few others who are dope

A lot of the artists sound the same because of lack of above average production. When Helluva ? . for DBCO, they got a hit. Other than that they kinda recycle the same template.

And in this day and age, lyrical ability is extremely undervalued. Most people pay attention to production, flow, a voice and hook. It's a good number that a pretty original. And when they stay in their own personal sound are dope as hell.

https://youtu.be/WvU7KMnJM9s

https://youtu.be/Qsnq5s_ihyg

https://youtu.be/iaWonPCxH1w

https://youtu.be/3C5dWVBS5Us
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bcotton5 wrote: »

What happened?
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Options

Nobody I know of, here in Michigan, listens to any of this ? . Just the honest truth.

Tbh it seems like most of the Detroit underground are more famous outside of Michigan than they are here lol

A lot of it is hate.The D is like the haters ball on Chappelle show.funny enough it seems like the real mcs get the major deals while the wannabe commercial guys stay indie and get street love.

Sean gets love because he's right in the middle.He's not super underground or a simple street rapper.Plus he got Kanye.Sean is a good marketable artist.

They may not get street love,but ? know Royce and Slum and ppl like Guilty or on a whole other level lyrically and industry wise.

Royce doesn't make radio music anyway but it's a shame he gets play on the east and west,but not at home.If nothing else Slaughterhouse gets mixshow love in other regions.

• loch121
    edited July 2016
    Options
    jvlioo wrote: »

A lot of the artists sound the same because of lack of above average production. When Helluva ? . for DBCO, they got a hit. Other than that they kinda recycle the same template.

And in this day and age, lyrical ability is extremely undervalued. Most people pay attention to production, flow, a voice and hook. It's a good number that a pretty original. And when they stay in their own personal sound are dope as hell.

https://youtu.be/WvU7KMnJM9s

https://youtu.be/Qsnq5s_ihyg

https://youtu.be/iaWonPCxH1w

https://youtu.be/3C5dWVBS5Us

That low budget heavy 80's kasio slighly almost west coast sound is what Detroit likes locally.It boggles my brain because on the flip side you get real spitters from the D who are more along the lines of a Jada or Beanie and even a Talib or Monch.Kinda wack they left out that whole side besides Danny Brown and his ppl.In the Chicago Noisey they evened it out with a long Vic Mensa part.

I'm not hating because I love to hear the authentic Detroit street sound,but I feel that there's too much talent there to not be a major force,other than Eminem.Detroit needs an artist like Rick Ross(not the C.O. part) but a guy with the lyrical ability and nuanced saficticated production that would be radio/street friendly on a Natl level.
    What happened?

Same thing that happened with Gibbs and all of Jeezy's artists.....Nothing

• loch121
    Options
    They should have had these dudes on here too

https://youtu.be/BWKLuwR_bFw
  • MallyG
    MallyG Members Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Options

What happened?

@Peezy_Jenkins

They (DBC) claims it was more on Atlantic's side than CTE's. Doughboy'z have had their share of street run-in's from shootings (mainly Big Quis) and fights. Atlantic shy'd away from putting money behind them from fear of losing their investment(s).

I think their better off Independent IMO. If you haven't heard Payroll's "Big Bossin" Mixtape w/ production from Cardo (of Wiz fame) u should check it out, b/c it's dope! Str8 hustle music.
  • MrCrookedLetter
    MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jeezy is a horrible label runner
  • lordstanley
    lordstanley Members Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yea they should've had team eastside peezy in this too he poppin in the d as much as anyone. Glad they had bandgang tho
  • Bcotton5
    Options

A lot of it is hate.The D is like the haters ball on Chappelle show.funny enough it seems like the real mcs get the major deals while the wannabe commercial guys stay indie and get street love.

Sean gets love because he's right in the middle.He's not super underground or a simple street rapper.Plus he got Kanye.Sean is a good marketable artist.

They may not get street love,but ? know Royce and Slum and ppl like Guilty or on a whole other level lyrically and industry wise.

Royce doesn't make radio music anyway but it's a shame he gets play on the east and west,but not at home.If nothing else Slaughterhouse gets mixshow love in other regions.

Cs , it seem like all the underground and mainstream Detroit artists ? with Sean
  • natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ghost313 wrote: »
    So what exactly did young Berg do that made trick trick say the word?

? went on Detroit Radio (105.9 i think) down talking the city and the artists from the city. ? proclaimed he was a Chicago Boss and all that ? , a few hours later his whole life changed.

lol the definition of a flaw ass ? .

Why would you go to another city and ? on it and it's people? Then you claim you got some type of status in your own city and proceed to get tried to the point that they wont even vouch for you. ? ?

That's what happen when dudes start popping n start feeling they hype a little too much...just cause u convinced some random people that that don't know u that u hard or bout that life...don't mean u really are...then people who REALLY bout that life will test u.. this happens to alot of rappers in one way or another (see Rick Ross n ice cube)
  • mohamed
    mohamed Members Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Danny brown is one of the realist.....? mad humble
  • Trillaaaaaa
    Trillaaaaaa Members Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options
  • blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    silverfoxx wrote: »
    Them BandGang ? dope bruh

https://youtu.be/a8Ek-4Lfmrk
    This ? go hard

Mmmmm...hmmmm...More! More!
  • blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Payroll a legend!!!!! Im cuting off all dead weight an new distractions
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    Payroll a legend!!!!! Im cuting off all dead weight an new distractions

He dope
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What really happen to blade icewood
  • stackmaster 313
    stackmaster 313 Members Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trollio wrote: »

He Really Got killed...
    R.I.P Icewood
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

He Really Got killed...
    R.I.P Icewood

i need that story, my dtown partners said he was like the soulja slim of the d
  • lordstanley
    lordstanley Members Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

He Really Got killed...
    R.I.P Icewood

i need that story, my dtown partners said he was like the soulja slim of the d

He got shot once, was in a wheelchair..dissed the dudes who shot him and some of them got hit up too
    then blade got shot again and died
    that's the short version
    but he was definitely Solja slim of the d and he influenced all the detroit street rap u hear now