Teens Ask For Summer Jobs After Gangs Try To Recruit Them

Options

Comments

• 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SneakDZA wrote: »
    jono wrote: »
    I get what Pralims is saying but I take the opinion that it wasn't until the gangs came into the scenario that the lady offered them work. They had been asking for jobs the whole damn summer and for over a month they got no love.

Thats wack and its the kind of ? that pushes kids into slanging dope or gangbanging. Imagine if the one kid didn't mention gangs then they wouldn't be working.

Exactly ? was dumb. Who the ? cares why they want a job? Give it to them so they can learn and earn. No one works because of any reason except money ...duh.

To be fair it sounds like the jobs and more importantly the funding for the jobs weren't there but the lady decided to push for it to her supervisor when she heard about the circumstances.

was the circumstances always there or did this gang ? just start?

this just goes to show people can push an get ? done when they want. ? aint just grow a heart overnight just like the gang ? ain't start overnight. the moment the alternative was brought up...."oh ? , the street wont take them"

Really?

where was that ? since May?

• SOWETO
    SOWETO Members Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    the kids coming back time an time again is not the big picture here....this ? on some "i helped out some young ? " feel good ? after constantly rejecting them.

if a chick comes to you for a job an you say no...cool. if she keeps coming back an you keep saying no...cool.

if she comes to you one day an says...my husband threatened to beat me but I can't get away from him...would that make you hire her?

even if you did, was it her persistence that made you give in or was it the story she gave or was it the chance to look good an attention ? by calling the news afterwards.

for a site full of ? who don't like stuntin, y'all love to side with it if it's worded or presented differently.
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @2stepz_ahead didnt have a care in the world @13.. ? what he talkin about..
    lets move it along..
  • Alpha_Ambition
    Alpha_Ambition Members Posts: 9,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Your focus is on the wrong people. The lady asked why they want to work there one dude spoke up and the others were embarrassed. Simply answered her question.

She's attention ? and probably discriminating but that's a different story.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    @2stepz_ahead didnt have a care in the world @13.. ? what he talkin about..
    lets move it along..

not sure what cares you mean....story still falls short.
    I'll give them credit for keeping the jobs....all that other ? ....nah

• 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    ghostdog56 wrote: »
    Dam, @2stepz_ahead just got that money like 2 days ago and he's already turning into Charles Barkley. Lol

nope...wrong
    y'all still missing my point but it's cool
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    so where scaring ppl into hiring now?

so begging and giving ultimatums replaces footwork and gring now?

I can't rock with this.

as if a gang is the only other choice.

this is a bad look.

next thing you know chicks gonna say " wife me or I'll become a hoe"

neither choice guarantees the other is still not who they really are.

? are u talkin about my ? !?
    these are ? kids!?

sit this one out bruh..

as a dude from that type environment..... what ever stopped a gang from actively recruiting or continuing to recruit or doing what the fukk they wanted to do?

if anything them having jobs they need to be stronger now to not be extorted.

lmao what?
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    Your focus is on the wrong people. The lady asked why they want to work there one dude spoke up and the others were embarrassed. Simply answered her question.

She's attention ? and probably discriminating but that's a different story.

so if they said it in the beginning would it have mattered?
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mryounggun wrote: »
    Some young hispanic ? knocked on my door a few years ago. ? had a lawnmower and a gas can. But he was way too old for the 'Let me cut ya grass' hustle that we all (at least me and the ? I came up with) did back in the day. Dude had to be 19 or 20.

I open the door and he basically tells me in so many words, 'Look, it's hot as ? out here and I ain't really tryna cut no grass. But I just got out of county not too long ago and I'm tryna do anything I can to keep some money in my pocket and stay the ? outta the way. You need ya grass cut or what?'.

I used to cut my own ? and really had no need for the ? to be cutting my grass but I let him do it anyway and threw him a lil something.

It's kinda the same thing. I respect ? who try to keep their nose clean, especially if it's embarrassing ? like cutting grass or working at mcdonalds. These lil ? are trying to stay on the right path.

Even if you think it's all ? , look at it like this: Gives these ? a way to feed themselves or accept the likelihood that they might creeping in ya ? window one night.

I always tell ppl the child u walk past today might be the one to take ur life one day....
  • not_osirus_jenkins
    not_osirus_jenkins Members, Banned Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If pralims point of view is that the lady was a ? for not hiring them before, then yea I understand. It shouldn't take that situation to give them a job.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    edited August 2016
    Options
    If pralims point of view is that the lady was a ? for not hiring them before, then yea I understand. It shouldn't take that situation to give them a job.

yea thats part of it and this lady also didn't see it as enough of a troubled environment to hire them before they said it. that part is ? . then she high horsed on something she should see everyday.

but none of that matters cuz we letting the lil ? cook....

these kids shouldn't be looked at charity cases and lab tests to beat the odds.

• leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't see any issues with the attitude of "Imma give these teenagers jobs to keep their minds occupied to keep them off the streets"
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    beside it's been hot as fukk...are they being hydrated? being in the sun all day? working in the garden...do they get their lunch breaks? do they have a dental plan? how do the parents feel about this?

is someone teaching them to save or now become financially smart to think about the future?
    but let me guess.....let them cook an stop thinking do much.
    I have a thousand questions.

this still won't stop them from gang activity if they wanted to join. we have dudes that bang in the NBA an NFL an rap...so a job is not a guarantee....only a distraction for the time.

y'all wanna be happy about it...ok cool. I hope they continue to do well an keep the jobs....

I just dont like how things came about.

there is alot of positive lessons I hope these young men take from this. it's also alot of negative that can be learned from this I hope they don't learn or forget.

alot of after the fact ? happening here....

another point is: are our standards that low that we have only few options....gangs or work or sit on your hand an do nothing....

nah...it's much more to do in the hood than that. chase chicks. hoop with your homies. they can start a landscaping company next year but build up the network now an get signed contracts an take over the hood cleaning snow an doing grass, cleaning basements an garages...tons of ? .

start a gaming league and enter competitions.

while they are only youngins . they may not think to that level yet....

I have alot to say about this ? but I'll stop now.

• 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    I don't see any issues with the attitude of "Imma give these teenagers jobs to keep their minds occupied to keep them off the streets"

it should been that way from the get go. not because they being approached now.

this lady making herself feel good
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Black excellence
  • SOWETO
    SOWETO Members Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    beside it's been hot as fukk...are they being hydrated? being in the sun all day? working in the garden...do they get their lunch breaks? do they have a dental plan? how do the parents feel about this?

is someone teaching them to save or now become financially smart to think about the future?

this still won't stop them from gang activity if they wanted to join. we have dudes that bang in the NBA an NFL an rap...so a job is not a guarantee....only a distraction for the time.

y'all wanna be happy about it...ok cool. I hope they continue to do well an keep the jobs....

there is alot of positive lessons I hope these young men take from this. it's also alot of negative that can be learned from this I hope they don't learn or forget.

another point is: are our standards that low that we have only few options....gangs or work or sit on your hand an do nothing....

nah...it's much more to do in the hood than that. chase chicks. hoop with your homies. they can start a landscaping company next year but build up the network now an get signed contracts an take over the hood cleaning snow an doing grass, cleaning basements an garages...tons of ? .

man, go meet their parents and offer to be their mentor! youre a concern troll at best, and a meddling busybody at worst. ?
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

didnt read.
  • TonyDubbz
    TonyDubbz Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 19,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the kids coming back time an time again is not the big picture here....this ? on some "i helped out some young ? " feel good ? after constantly rejecting them.

if a chick comes to you for a job an you say no...cool. if she keeps coming back an you keep saying no...cool.

if she comes to you one day an says...my husband threatened to beat me but I can't get away from him...would that make you hire her?

even if you did, was it her persistence that made you give in or was it the story she gave or was it the chance to look good an attention ? by calling the news afterwards.

for a site full of ? who don't like stuntin, y'all love to side with it if it's worded or presented differently.

lmao wtf does this have to do with anything bruh? those are two different scenarios how can you compare a situation involving a grown ass woman & another which involves 12 & 13 year old kids?
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options

You should learn to better practice the phrase if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all. Anytime something positive comes up you always got to be contrarian. LeBron or Steph Curry get shown w/ their wives "Well they could've been hoes in the past. You never know"....kids show initiative and get themselves employed "Well, they could still join gangs"....everything ain't always got to be so damn negative. If everytime you see a positive story your mind immediately goes to what could be wrong, that's a problem you have.
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My only issue, like others have stated, is that it took for the kids to present her with a harrowing situation before they actually got the jobs. And then her saying, "Well, I thought they only wanted money." Uh, what? No ? , Sherlock. Everyone wants money. I'm sure they want video games, shoes, clothes, go to the movies, etc. All that ? takes bread.

If she coulda got the kids jobs in the first place, then why put them through the wringer like that?

*shrugs* Idle hands are the devil's playground, so at least they got the end result they were looking for. ? that attention-? broad though.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »

You should learn to better practice the phrase if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all. Anytime something positive comes up you always got to be contrarian. LeBron or Steph Curry get shown w/ their wives "Well they could've been hoes in the past. You never know"....kids show initiative and get themselves employed "Well, they could still join gangs"....everything ain't always got to be so damn negative. If everytime you see a positive story your mind immediately goes to what could be wrong, that's a problem you have.

my mind goes into question mode...
    I question the assumptions.... like what you just stated....is Ms curry a good girl...I said how do we know...cause from IC logic all chicks are hoez... so how is she not. ? come back with just focus on the good. that's bs

I question the validity of statements...? aint negative...it's being inquisitive.

? just like ? one way when it's the other way

? just like to pick who they want to be able to question ?