BREAKING: Police Officer charged with aiding ISIS

Options
Swiffness!
Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
Washington (CNN) In the first case of a U.S. police officer charged with aiding ISIS, a Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority cop was arrested Wednesday for providing material support to ISIS, according to two law enforcement officials.

Nicholas Young was arrested by the FBI following more than a year of investigation.

According to the officials, there was no evidence of any threat to the D.C. Metro system. Young will make his first appearance in court later Wednesday.

He would be the first police officer in the United States arrested and charged with supporting ISIS.

The Justice Department and law enforcement have been making a concerted effort to identify and arrest individuals sympathetic to ISIS to try to combat lone wolf or ISIS-inspired attacks.

Recent high-profile terrorist attacks in Europe and the United States have been credited to ISIS, either through direct involvement or, as in the US attacks, through inspiration.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/03/politics/dc-transit-officer-charged-with-aiding-isis/index.html

Figures, eh?

200w.gif

Comments

• StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Glad they caught him
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Crazy how they really want folks to believe this ? and to go along like there was no threat to metro. They ? blow train stations everywhere but there was no threat to metro FOH!!!!

Metro money already ? up with all the folks they lost with the ? breaking down and having to shut down lines so that can fix the ? . So they not going to tell about a threat to metro by isis cause they don't metro to go flat ? broke.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    Crazy how they really want folks to believe this ? and to go along like there was no threat to metro. They ? blow train stations everywhere but there was no threat to metro FOH!!!!

Metro money already ? up with all the folks they lost with the ? breaking down and having to shut down lines so that can fix the ? . So they not going to tell about a threat to metro by isis cause they don't metro to go flat ? broke.

1st thing to come to mind. Metro in crisis relatively speaking

But i can believe it to an extent tho. I think he was being groomed. I read the article they had him buying gift cards for now. Then eventually they woulda turned him out completely and had him on some Paris ish :s Too close man
  • white sympathizer
    white sympathizer Members Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Now how murica and all the blue lives ? gonna spin this?
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Now how murica and all the blue lives ? gonna spin this?

He's a "lone wolf" he "went rogue" he has "mental issues"
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    His name is Nicholas Young though? How the ? ? Yea a person with that name could be a Muslim and a terrorist but that ? caught me off gaurd.
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    S2J wrote: »

But i can believe it to an extent tho. I think he was being groomed. I read the article they had him buying gift cards for now. Then eventually they woulda turned him out completely and had him on some Paris ish :s Too close man

Which reminds me... anybody been taking the red or yellow lines recently?
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What does he look like
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1CK1S wrote: »

No, why?
  • Brian B.
    Brian B. Members Posts: 6,717 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    On CNN they said the feds been following him for bout 6yrs, before ISIS came into existence

it's deeper than rap
  • Swiffness!
    Options
    AggyAF wrote: »
    Please be white

"Court records say he had ? sympathies"

Yeah i wouldn't worry about that.......
  • King Erauno
    King Erauno Members Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i still believe ISIS is fake *shrugs*
  • powerman 5000
    powerman 5000 Members Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    AggyAF wrote: »
    Please be white

"Court records say he had ? sympathies"

Yeah i wouldn't worry about that.......

word???? Fox news ? been raggin on Swaggy P all morning. Like they did 1 search on the name and rolled with it.
  • Dazzling
    Dazzling Members Posts: 410 ✭✭✭
    Options
  • thegreatunknown
    thegreatunknown Members Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Interesting...but how about the thousands of officers who are Neo ? or KKK sympathizers? Which is a MUCH more significant threat....
  • Black Boy King
    Black Boy King Members Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

fake as in there isn't an actual terrorist sect killing thousands of muslims and christians in the middle east?

or fake as in its not organic, but rather a proxy army for "some government" to take over the Levant region as well as put fear in the hearts of the people to promote the need for excessive surveillance and create a false premise for strict gun control regulations?
  • King Erauno
    King Erauno Members Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Judah Back wrote: »

fake as in there isn't an actual terrorist sect killing thousands of muslims and christians in the middle east?

or fake as in its not organic, but rather a proxy army for "some government" to take over the Levant region as well as put fear in the hearts of the people to promote the need for excessive surveillance and create a false premise for strict gun control regulations?

your second answer.

its like AL Quaeda disappeard overnight and in came ISIS. like them ? got bought out or merged.

how can the US government tell me how much money ISIS has in the bank but they cant be stopped?

just a few observations
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    gns wrote: »
    1CK1S wrote: »

No, why?

Wondering if they're still doing that ? awful safe tracking BS
  • Swiffness!
    Options

its like AL Quaeda disappeard overnight and in came ISIS. like them ? got bought out or merged.

They were the Al Qaeda branch in Iraq but got so powerful (especially during the Syria Civil War) they didn't need Al Qaeda support anymore and declared independence. Why take orders and pay dues to some old head in a cave 1,500 miles away when you just built a nice lil kingdom for yourself? ? 's like Los Zetas breaking off from the Gulf Cartel, ain't that hard to comprehend......

plus Al Qaeda in Iraq always had friction with the Al Qaeda leadership because Zarqawi had them attacking Shiites so damn much. Al Qaeda agrees that Shiites are ultimately heretics of course, but preferred to focus their fight on non-muslims. It was a difference in culture imho. Osama bin Laden and al-Zawahiri were Saudi & Egyptian dudes. They couldn't really relate to or understand the mindset of angry/scared Iraqi Sunnis who had ruled over Iraq's Shiite majority for a century until Bush ? came along.

"I Want My Country Back"
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options
    He was friends with Zachary Chesser famous for threatening the South Park creators.

220px-Zachary_Chesser_mug_shot.jpg

Who was friends and complicit in that threat with Jessie Morton whom worked as a drug counselor at a job i used to work at in Brooklyn.

threat23n-1-web.jpg

FBI came to the job to get info on dude. He tried to kick it with me once when he caught me on train coming into work and was talking some wild ? . I wanted no parts of what dude was selling.

• leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Funny how this story is being swept under the rug quick. If you look at many of the major news sites, it's no where on the front page.
  • powerman 5000
    powerman 5000 Members Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^^^ exactly... just like the pig that got killed in san diego that they don't bring up any more.