Comments

• blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Judah Back wrote: »
    blackrain wrote: »
    Judah Back wrote: »
    and yall falling into a trap with this "mental disorder" stuff, you're gonna regret it when they start labeling YOU as mentally unstable because you recognize many of the lies and BS getting put out there. They're gonna call you "paranoid" and "unstable" and "he thinks the government wants to ? us all". especially u Civic, with all that conspiracy ? you be talking about. They gon prescribe you to them pills which REALLY ? wit your psych and make you crazy

? calling it a disorder, some people just do stupid ? and make stupid decisions thinking they're standing for what's right. And some people are just DIFFERENT. Yall let these CACs push that psychiatry ? on u in America not knowing that ? was founded and run by top witches and sorcerers and i aint talking about no flying broomstick ? either but i digress

yall best read that Bible again (NOT Christianity, which is Kemet/Babylonian mythology), or ? at least look up where the word pharmacy comes from or even gypsy. As Africans and Afro Asiatics, we actually dealt wit the supernatural and wit the rise of this Kemet ? alot of ? is going back to it. Them crackas never left it tho, but keep it within secret societies because they use Christianity and these pastors who often are top masons to control the people which condemns witchcraft

edit: and no i dont suggest you turn back to black magic, u ? like ajackson ? wit demons that dont give no ? about you, wtf make you think somethin in a quicker dimension is gonna submit to yo ass unless you doin sumthn in his favor smh you better stop playing thinking you all occult and ? . Don't know the first thing about true occult life

.............but i digress, back to regularly scheduled programming

You do realize there's actual evidence that shows people with mental disorders brains actually do work differently right?
    believe what you believe

if a ? actin up, i say he got a demon. Just like my ancestors did. I dont give a ? about this cracka science that sprang up in the 19th century like the great white saviour in a white coat, as if the world wasn't around for some odd thousand of years dealing with high level science and mathematics that THEY TAUGHT THEM IN THE "DARK AGES" GTFOH.... ol' "You made it a hot line, we made it a hot song" ass CACs

the cracka is a liar, sorry if someone show me over a hundred places where you lied to me, i'm probably not going to believe anything you say unless i can prove it, or if i simply choose to use a part of cracka science becuz it supports my ? (just being honest, all u ? do that ? too)

It ain't no damn demons. It's the human brain doing what any other part of the human body can do which is malfunction and not work the way it's supposed to...funny people will believe all sorts of wild ? , but won't believe the human body can do ? on it's own
  • Black Boy King
    Black Boy King Members Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    [img]http://reactiongif.org/wp-content/uploads/GIF/2015/04/Dont-give-a-? -what-you-think-? -GIF.gif[/img]

We flowin out the scriptures over here g, give a ? what you thinkin. i'm tellin you whats written so

Shutyoass228rn.gif
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bambu wrote: »
    Yes...

Fake revolutionaries share a part of the blame....

Misinformation will get you killed...

The sovereign citizenship ? is a recent inclusion to Moorish Science & not a part of the original doctrine established by Noble Drew Ali....

First 10 minutes of this vid is facts....

https://youtu.be/745o4zpK7_I

Watched it while it was live, ? was real as ? .
  • blacktux
    blacktux Members Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    See thats the thing i think a lot of yall missing here.

Its easy to call someone crazy or unstable without a point of context that you can relate to. Deleting her social media accounts denies us the ability to see for sure if the sister was actually "off" or if she actually had some relevant points behind her actions. (Leading up to her unfortunate end)

Just saying, calling someone crazy this early is both lazy and dismissive. We shouldnt have this attitude towards eachother.

And yall need to calm down with the "? ", come on....
  • TheNightKing
    TheNightKing Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blacktux wrote: »

Its easy to call someone crazy or unstable without a point of context that you can relate to. Deleting her social media accounts denies us the ability to see for sure if the sister was actually "off" or if she actually had some relevant points behind her actions. (Leading up to her unfortunate end)

Just saying, calling someone crazy this early is both lazy and dismissive. We shouldnt have this attitude towards eachother.

If you ignore the evidence that points to her mental state them you must ignore the evidence that points to a cop cover up. I think she was crazy and there was a cover up.
  • felliwonda
    felliwonda Members Posts: 416 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options
    @felliwonda Thanks.
    I'm still in the process of learning myself. Me and my loved ones speak on things but i haven't been proactive about going out into the world on it. I'm not qualified at this point even on my own personal history. I have plenty of observations from life here but realistically in terms of acting as some authority of knowledge on these subjects, I'm not. I have far more questions than answers, but again still learning.[/quote]

Yeah man I hear you same here definitely more questions than answers on my behalf and of course o didn't mean you go out there door to door letting people know what's up I just meant like you know you always gonna run into people who have no clue about history and in this case you know black history in the states so I just thought you know maybe is good if you give the time a day to explain but I know is easier said than done @leftcoastkev I can agree again
  • rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tired of seeing real life drama play out and breaking it down like some football highlights. This ? is sad bruhs. Feel so bad for that kid. Where was her family? She reeeeally needed them.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • xxCivicxx
    xxCivicxx Members Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Did you watch the vids in this thread?

They provide some context
  • semi-auto-mato
    semi-auto-mato Members Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    xxCivicxx wrote: »
    Most black people don't even know that black people technically aren't even US citizens according to a couple court cases in the early and mid 1900s

But we love to try to recite laws that we don't understand.

We don't even get basic human rights but cops are gonna recognize these random and obscure laws for black people

sorry to jump in here real quick but the 14th amendment was ratified in 1868 and it included slaves. u sound like Huckabee right now. Dred Scott was overturned my dude.

Again, this is what I mean smh

You could have just asked me to elaborate

The 14th amendment actually legalized slavery
    http://www.assatashakur.org/forum/liberation-strategy/36774-amendment-14-denies-citizenship-privileges-laws-protection-black-people.html

Btw, let me know how all those constitutional rights you think you have, have been working out for you lol

IIRC black people are classified as US residents or something when it comes to court cases

Dude the 14th amendment made us citizens and the slaughterhouse case confirmed it. As for how it's working for me? Probably the same as u. I'm a citizen though. U can play word games all day or try to read between all the lines but the south had to accept us as citizens under the 14th amendment or they would have been denied representation and therefore they ratified the amendment making all the newly freed slaves citizens.

The 13th amendment ended slavery. Yeah yeah we get the crime part but u over thinking ur ass off right. Smh

I posted that link in good faith, seriously

I hope you go to it

What you don't understand is that white supremacy is rooted in the wordplay of the english language, which is EXACTLY why black people as a whole have been obstructed from learning the nuances of the english language, or language in general. Or learning in general

If you think I'M playing word games, you should really look up the history of a lot of the words and names that you use on a daily basis

The bold is not true, please don't recite whitewashed historical propaganda to me lol

Smh...I often wonder why some folks feel they have a better understanding of stuff that has been there for years. Do u really believe that u uncovered a word play mystery that no black historian has? A secret that no one ever argued? Decisions have been made by the highest court in this country that have affirmed black citizenship. Now I'm not arguing anything else. In fact I probably agree with u about other ? designed to hold us back. I'm not really arguing this because it's a fact that we are citizens.

Stop it my dude. Stop it!

Can you name any black historians?

Did you go to that link?

Woodson, Williams, and Du Bois are just a few that we all should know.

yes I read the link

• blacktux
    blacktux Members Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I did, and ive seen people called crazy for less.

Im just willing to slap the "mental illness" tag on someone and dismiss them as less than human like a lot of people here are.

Im concerned with the "why"
  • xxCivicxx
    Options
    Most black people don't even know that black people technically aren't even US citizens according to a couple court cases in the early and mid 1900s

We don't even get basic human rights but cops are gonna recognize these random and obscure laws for black people

sorry to jump in here real quick but the 14th amendment was ratified in 1868 and it included slaves. u sound like Huckabee right now. Dred Scott was overturned my dude.

http://www.assatashakur.org/forum/liberation-strategy/36774-amendment-14-denies-citizenship-privileges-laws-protection-black-people.html

Btw, let me know how all those constitutional rights you think you have, have been working out for you lol

IIRC black people are classified as US residents or something when it comes to court cases

Dude the 14th amendment made us citizens and the slaughterhouse case confirmed it. As for how it's working for me? Probably the same as u. I'm a citizen though. U can play word games all day or try to read between all the lines but the south had to accept us as citizens under the 14th amendment or they would have been denied representation and therefore they ratified the amendment making all the newly freed slaves citizens.

The 13th amendment ended slavery. Yeah yeah we get the crime part but u over thinking ur ass off right. Smh

I hope you go to it

What you don't understand is that white supremacy is rooted in the wordplay of the english language, which is EXACTLY why black people as a whole have been obstructed from learning the nuances of the english language, or language in general. Or learning in general

If you think I'M playing word games, you should really look up the history of a lot of the words and names that you use on a daily basis

The bold is not true, please don't recite whitewashed historical propaganda to me lol

Smh...I often wonder why some folks feel they have a better understanding of stuff that has been there for years. Do u really believe that u uncovered a word play mystery that no black historian has? A secret that no one ever argued? Decisions have been made by the highest court in this country that have affirmed black citizenship. Now I'm not arguing anything else. In fact I probably agree with u about other ? designed to hold us back. I'm not really arguing this because it's a fact that we are citizens.

Did you go to that link?

yes I read the link

Did you name any living historians?

I don't recognize those first 2 last names, what are their first names?
  • xxCivicxx
    Options

I did, and ive seen people called crazy for less.

Im just willing to slap the "mental illness" tag on someone and dismiss them as less than human like a lot of people here are.

Im concerned with the "why"

Oh ok, I thought your last post was directed at me
  • semi-auto-mato
    Options

I hope you go to it

Did you go to that link?

yes I read the link

damn I didn't intend on this being a 2 day discussion. u said name black historians so I picked 3 we all should know. Carter G. Woodson and George Washington Williams. I am sure u know Woodson now that I have added Carter G. and if you don't know George he fought in the civil war was a lawyer, politician, and historian.

Some black historians that are living now that you may not know by name but probably know their face...

Runoko Rashidi
    Clayborn Carson
    Paula Giddings
    Thomas Holt.

Now I am not going to get into their focuses but they are historians, they are alive today, some work at higher institutions others do their own thing. Just because CNN doesn't have a camera in their face does not mean black historians do not exist. we have black historians that focus on ancient, world, hip hop, civil rights, U.S., gender, and everything else. Now I may know a few people that don't stand out because I have a history degree from an HBCU. History is a love thing for me.

Black historians exist my dude
  • obnoxiouslyfresh
    obnoxiouslyfresh Members Posts: 11,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options

Black people really have to overcome this taboo called mental illness. I saw a headline, read a 3 sentence synopsis, and saw a 30 sec clip of her talking to her son while swat surrounded her home. From that video alone, I strongly believed she was not well. And as more information becomes available, it's apparent to me that I did not just "guess" that.

It has now come out that it was documented by a physician that Korryn suffered considerable brain damage as a result of lead poisoning, that her family was attempting contact with her regular mental health professional to talk to her during this ordeal, and that a friend of hers whose Instagram is still public stated that she was a regular psych patient. We can get past the notion that Korryn should be dismissed or written off as crazy, if we are willing to embrace that crazy people are no less deserving of that cool little feature of the law called due process that should ensure that citizens are not executed before standing trial for any criminal acts. They are, as I stated before, MORE deserving than all of us. The lack of transparency that the police provided here is key. They have proven themselves untrustworthy and if they had been conducting themselves honorably and lawfully, there should have been no issue with their body cams. Couple that with the fact that if this had been a mentally disturbed white lady, the odds of her making it out alive would have been much higher than Korryn's, whether she had a firearm or not. If we are combatting the fact that police officers (& people in general) find blacks to be more threatening & consequently are more likely to utilize lethal force against them, part of discussing that issue is to tally all the black lives taken, not just the ones with the most value for activism. Korryn is no less deserving of that, because she was (perhaps) sick. All black lives taken by law enforcement have to be held to a higher standard of justification than whites in identical circumstances, if not formally, at least in the public discourse. That is the issue. Because, short of that higher standard, we are lacking any real mechanism for combatting this problem. Korryn's illness, assuming that she had one is worthy of conversation. There's absolutely no room for a lack of regard towards black lives, nor a lack of understanding as to why Korryn reacted the way that she did.
  • obnoxiouslyfresh
    obnoxiouslyfresh Members Posts: 11,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rapmusic wrote: »
    Tired of seeing real life drama play out and breaking it down like some football highlights. This ? is sad bruhs. Feel so bad for that kid. Where was her family? She reeeeally needed them.

^^ slept on post
  • xxCivicxx
    Options

I hope you go to it

Did you go to that link?

yes I read the link

damn I didn't intend on this being a 2 day discussion. u said name black historians so I picked 3 we all should know. Carter G. Woodson and George Washington Williams. I am sure u know Woodson now that I have added Carter G. and if you don't know George he fought in the civil war was a lawyer, politician, and historian.

Some black historians that are living now that you may not know by name but probably know their face...

Runoko Rashidi
    Clayborn Carson
    Paula Giddings
    Thomas Holt.

Now I am not going to get into their focuses but they are historians, they are alive today, some work at higher institutions others do their own thing. Just because CNN doesn't have a camera in their face does not mean black historians do not exist. we have black historians that focus on ancient, world, hip hop, civil rights, U.S., gender, and everything else. Now I may know a few people that don't stand out because I have a history degree from an HBCU. History is a love thing for me.

First of all I never said black historians didn't exist so I'm not sure where this statement is coming from

I also notice how you jumped to historians dead for 50+ years before having today's whitewashed black "intellectuals"

You're trying to go off topic but I'm gonna keep you on track

Now out of the living historians you named, how many have studied the concept of language, English specifically? Your initial post at me was about how if what I'm saying was true then you would have heard it from a black historian correct?

Once again, this is about how you don't think I know what I'm talking about when speaking on the English language and the history of a lot of the words you use, so please educate me as to what these historians that you have named have stated about black people's understanding of the English language?
  • semi-auto-mato
    Options

I hope you go to it

Did you go to that link?

yes I read the link

Runoko Rashidi
    Clayborn Carson
    Paula Giddings
    Thomas Holt.

First of all I never said black historians didn't exist so I'm not sure where this statement is coming from

I also notice how you jumped to historians dead for 50+ years before having today's whitewashed black "intellectuals"

Now out of the living historians you named, how many have studied the concept of language, English specifically? Your initial post at me was about how if what I'm saying was true then you would have heard it from a black historian correct?

Once again, this is about how you don't think I know what I'm talking about when speaking on the English language and the history of a lot of the words you use, so please educate me as to what these historians that you have named have stated about black people's understanding of the English language?

smh...this not even a debate dude. u bugging. u asked for historians and I gave u that. u asked for living historians and I gave u that. u asked if I read ur link and I did and told u that. all I said is that black folks are citizens of this country. did not say we were treated equal did not say it was a good thing or anything else. now u want to play the word game again with the English language. state ur credentials that make u an expert on the English language.

I mean damn ? I jumped all those years cuz u asked me to lol and without even knowing who they are u calling the whitewashed. at least go read so of their stuff first. I gotta a meeting a 11 so this is a dead issue to me now. C

Carry on
  • xxCivicxx
    Options

I hope you go to it

Did you go to that link?

yes I read the link

Runoko Rashidi
    Clayborn Carson
    Paula Giddings
    Thomas Holt.

smh...this not even a debate dude. u bugging. u asked for historians and I gave u that. u asked for living historians and I gave u that. u asked if I read ur link and I did and told u that. all I said is that black folks are citizens of this country. did not say we were treated equal did not say it was a good thing or anything else. now u want to play the word game again with the English language. state ur credentials that make u an expert on the English language.

I mean damn ? I jumped all those years cuz u asked me to lol and without even knowing who they are u calling the whitewashed. at least go read so of their stuff first. I gotta a meeting a 11 so this is a dead issue to me now. C

Carry on

You should know by know that most of my questions are rhetorical

You said that I don't know what I'm talking about so Im asking you what these historians are telling you about this history of language

And I still don't understand why so many black people look to credentials from white establishments like that somehow legitimizes a person where the statement of actual facts dooesn't
  • felliwonda
    felliwonda Members Posts: 416 ✭✭✭
    Options

I hope you go to it

Did you go to that link?

yes I read the link

Runoko Rashidi
    Clayborn Carson
    Paula Giddings
    Thomas Holt.

Nice man I didn't know this is nice to know thanks for the info. And congrats on you Your degree yes History is a lovely thing man is awesome
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Before she was shot and killed by Baltimore County Police, 23-year-old Korryn Gaines documented parts of a 5 hour-long stand off on her social media accounts.

BCoPD confirmed in a statement on Monday that they worked with Facebook, which also owns Instagram, to deactivate both accounts.

“On-scene command staff filed a request with Facebook during the barricade to deactivate Gaines' Facebook and Instagram accounts in order to preserve the integrity of negotiations with her and for the safety of Gaines, her child and officers,” the statement reads.

Both profiles have now been restored, but almost all of the videos Gaines posted during that time have been removed.

Andrea Saul, a Facebook community representative, told For Harriet that the company will not remove content unless it violates the company’s community standards.

Law enforcement can submit an emergency request for anything that appears to be a “direct threat," but a request does not guarantee Facebook will act.

“We look at the context surrounding individual pieces of content to make a decision about whether or not they violate our standards,” said Saul.

Facebook specifies an emergency request is warranted in “a matter involving imminent harm to a child or risk of death or serious physical injury to any person and requiring disclosure of information without delay.”

These requests are monitored 24 hours a day to ensure prompt responses.

Though Saul did not confirm the extent to which Facebook worked with BCoPD here, citing privacy concerns, she said that some of the videos Gaines posted did allude to violence and therefore violated the community standards.

“In this case, there was the actual showing of a gun [and] talking about people being at the door,” Saul said.

At a press conference on Monday, Police Chief Jim Johnson said “Gaines was posting video of the operation as it unfolded.” The videos, however, were not generated with Facebook Live, Saul said. They were uploaded.

On Gaines’ reinstated Instagram profile, there remains only one video recorded during the negotiations. In it, she is heard speaking to her son. The caption reads, “My son is not a hostage. He wants to be here in his home with his mother.”

A horrible precedent has been set and it reeks of racism
  • semi-auto-mato
    edited August 2016
    Options

did I say u don't know what u are talking about or did I say u sound like Mike Huckabee? you basically said the same thing he said. there is so much that goes into the study of the constitution besides just the words. u are focused on words and nothing that happened after those words were written. u are not focused on the time and the purpose of those amendments. u are not focused on the wording of the legal documents that have been written by courts up to and including the US supreme court. I mean there are so many ways to show that we are citizens of this country whether by birth or naturalization.

Creds can come from more than schools so when I ask for your credentials dude im asking how long have you been on the language stuff? what makes u an expert on breaking down the language of the amendments? I don't care if you say you have done independent study. I can respect that. I also respect anyone that has put the work in at one of these schools that u talk about. I respect the WORK of others including you.

How can you talk about these historians being whitewashed and you haven't studied them? I know know you gonna ask how do I know you studied them...smh

all im saying is that we are citizens. I am not saying anything else other than that. I asked why would u think no one else ever questioned the way the amendments were written? hell if no else did im sure a white supremacists said ? aint citizens of this here country. I gave u the slaughter house cases. Please read about that. I read ur link so u can read about mine. u can understand the meaning and how it fits this conversation.

you are a very valuable person to black history as a linguist but you cannot overlook the history of the decisions that have been made after the 13th - 15th amendments.
  • Brother_Five
    Brother_Five Members Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    basically... a government agency silenced a citizen.
    her speech was not protected, but she was 'crazy' so lets focus on that...smh
  • xxCivicxx
    Options

I'm just saying let's focus on preventing a situation like this from happening again
  • Brother_Five
    Brother_Five Members Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'm just saying let's focus on preventing a situation like this from happening again

I'm with you on that.
    we can't do that by focusing on the mental state of civilians.
    we can make sure our employees follow specific protocols when dealing with all citizens.
    her life was worth as much as the lives of the white ppl they choose not to ? .