The Official World Politics Thread - All Breaking News here.

Options

Comments

• Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    fortyacres wrote: »
    I think Trump watched this and decided to run for President

https://youtu.be/6se66gQRJcw

And that correspondent dinner as well.
    https://youtu.be/k8TwRmX6zs4

• Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options
    the Nuclear Weapons story is at 0:52 -

Chilling.
    Stiff wrote: »
    zzombie wrote: »
    A Muslim ban is not impossible by muslim ban i believe trump means that we should stop immigration from islamic nations regardless of the religious affiliation of the individual.

FOR example there are christians in egypt (they are horribly oppressed) but egypt is a muslim majority nation therefore all immigration from egypt should stop. Unless of course there is verifiable way to prove the individual really isn't a muslim.

Make them eat bacon on the spot

The 9/11 hijackers were drinking Jack & Coke in strip clubs before they got on the plane. All your sins get wiped away by your martyrdom. Just for the record.

There is of course, no real way definitively prove someone's religion, which is the crux of why the idea's ? unfeasible. People can LIE, imagine that.

"I believe Trump means...." yeah ok, you know what i believe WHITE PEOPLE mean? Any non-white man with a beard = MUSLIM TERRORIST

smh zzombie ain't gonna finally understand until the new "all ? are thugs OR jihadists" stereotype finishes sinking in with white people.
  • Swiffness!
    Options
    Mr.LV wrote: »
    Looks like Trump might of it got his break,Nicholas Young a DC transit cop charged with aiding Isis.

Nah ? that, a random white transit pig catching a case ain't gonna save that orange ? ....

lklmrxv2au49.jpg
  • tupacfan12
    tupacfan12 Members Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm more confident than ever Trump will lose in a landslide.
  • Mr.LV
    Options
    tupacfan12 wrote: »
    I'm more confident than ever Trump will lose in a landslide.
    Same here I'm standing by prediction Hillary going to have around 320 electoral votes when it's all said and done.
  • Swiffness!
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Key Republicans close to Donald Trump's orbit are plotting an intervention with the candidate after a disastrous 48 hours led some influential voices in the party to question whether Trump can stay at the top of the Republican ticket without catastrophic consequences for his campaign and the GOP at large.

Republican National Committee head Reince Priebus, former Republican New York City mayor Rudy Giuliani and former House Speaker Newt Gingrich are among the Trump endorsers hoping to talk the real estate mogul into a dramatic reset of his campaign in the coming days, sources tell NBC News.

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/trump-allies-plot-candidate-intervention-after-disastrous-48-hours-n622216

Giuliani having an intervention for this ? lmaoooooooooooooo i hope it go like Christopher's:

https://youtu.be/40HPFGvZ4ro

• Mr.LV
    Options
    Trump campaign reports $80 million raised in July

NICK GASS 08/03/16 11:02 AM EDT

Donald Trump raised $80 million in July between his campaign and joint fundraising efforts with the Republican National Committee and state parties, the GOP nominee's campaign announced Wednesday, lagging Hillary Clinton in overall contributions in the past month by about $10 million.

Of the $80 million raised, Trump's campaign said in a news release that approximately $64 million came through the campaign's digital and direct mail operations with the RNC. Trump told supporters on Monday in Ohio that the campaign had raised $35.8 million directly and suggested that the totals for the joint fundraising agreements were still being tabulated at the time. “We are extremely proud of our 69% growth in small dollar donations which shows the broad based support of over one million donors across America," Trump campaign finance Chairman Steven Mnuchin said in a statement. "Our volunteers and contributors are clearly committed to electing Donald J. Trump as President in November.”
    Overall, the campaign has $37 million on hand, while the joint fundraising committees have an additional $37 million.
    "The results from this month show the enthusiastic movement the campaign has created since we started our online fundraising efforts in June," the campaign said in the statement. "The campaign very much appreciates the broad based support, and will work hard to achieve victory in November and Make America Great Again."

By comparison, Clinton's campaign alone reported Tuesday that it had $58 million in the bank and raised $63 million directly through the campaign and an additional $26 million for the Democratic National Committee and state parties, for an overall total approaching $90 million.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/08/trump-fundraising-july-2016-226615#ixzz4GHwYot5Y
    Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook

• Angeles1son85
    Angeles1son85 Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wonder how.much biden regret not running for president
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wonder how.much biden regret not running for president

co-sign he would have won this ? easy because everyone hates hillary
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mr.LV wrote: »
    President Obama "What does it say about your party that this is your standard bearer ?"

Obama been challenging the GOP to stop supporting Trump
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=16KtYaTooQU
  • tupacfan12
    tupacfan12 Members Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So $400 million were given to Iran in exchange for hostages earlier in the year.

This is gonna be a big deal.
  • BobOblah
    edited August 2016
    Options
    The silence in the room when they hear that Trump asked 3 times " if we have nuclear weapons why can't we use them?"

? is scary yo. The woman news anchor telling republicans to pull their endorsements.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=BNG37XmXkas&ebc=ANyPxKq92IGeqXArXc2tqSMggUrvCz3EhNKF9WaHsH9wHN98i5-G9xTgraGUXy00CZiYhx6JPMHn4e9VUMNapS3TTfYLbTJdHQ
  • BobOblah
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Donald Trump masterfully trolls Paul Ryan while refusing to endorse him in his primary

Donald Trump pointedly refused to endorse House Speaker Paul Ryan and Sen. John McCain in their upcoming primary battles on Tuesday, responding to criticism from both of his attacks on Gold Star parents Khizr and Ghazala Khan. It is only the latest in a long, long series of indignities the two politicians have to endure, through no small fault of their own, over the course of this bizarre election.

In an interview with the Washington Post's Philip Rucker, Trump went out of his way to praise Paul Nehlen, who's running a long-shot bid against Ryan in Wisconsin’s primary next Tuesday. Nehlen is a major Trump backer who has been attacking Ryan’s past hesitance about Trump. After Nehlen defended Trump’s attacks on the Khans — including from Ryan’s criticism — Trump tweeted out a note of appreciation:

j5y1vff6l6jo.jpeg

It gets better. This is how Trump chose to explain his non-endorsement of Ryan to the Post:

"I’m just not quite there yet. I’m not quite there yet."

Here’s a verbatim quote of Paul Ryan in May, explaining why he still hadn’t endorsed Trump, even though Trump was the presumptive nominee:

"I'm just not ready to do that at this point. I'm not there right now."

Trump not only remembered the way Ryan slighted him in May but remembered nearly the exact phrasing and spat it back at Ryan in a brutally effective bit of rhetorical jiujitsu.

How about McCain, who’s refused to un-endorse Trump or endorse Hillary Clinton despite issuing a very strong statement condemning Trump’s treatment of the Khan family, and who faces a primary challenge at the end of August from Kelli Ward, a former state senator and Trump boostersimilar to Nehlen? "I haven’t endorsed John McCain," Trump says, elaborating:

"I’ve never been there with John McCain because I’ve always felt that he should have done a much better job for the vets. He has not done a good job for the vets and I’ve always felt that he should have done a much better job for the vets. So I’ve always had a difficult time with John for that reason, because our vets are not being treated properly. They’re not being treated fairly."

To be clear, Donald Trump thinks that John McCain, who spent 23 years in the Navy and more than 5 years as a prisoner of war in Vietnam, and has been a leading advocate on veterans' issues in the Senate for years, does not have veterans’ interests at heart the way Donald Trump — who avoided serving in Vietnam due to college deferments and "bad feet," and who failed to honor a promise to donate to veterans’ groupsuntil the media forced his hand — does.

That is the argument he’s making. It’s not thatsurprising coming from someone who mocked McCain for having been captured, but the chutzpah required to articulate it is nonetheless impressive.

At this point Trump appears to be running an experiment on just how much disrespect high-ranking politicians are willing to endure for the sake of party unity. It’s a rather impressive testament to the depth of polarization and growth in partisan loyalty that none of Trump’s actions up to this point have prompted McCain or Ryan to un-endorse him, but this could provide an opening:
    a3d2up5i8pu3.jpeg

Un-endorsing would be a tad awkward — "I could support Trump when he was attacking the families of fallen heroes, but not after he personally slighted me" — but would nonetheless have some internal logic. There’s an assumption of reciprocity with endorsements; if Trump isn’t willing to do what he can for senior members of the congressional party, maybe he shouldn’t expect their support in turn.

Of course, the other way Trump could open up the path for an un-endorsement would be if his comments help Nehlen or Ward win. A lame-duck Ryan or lame-duck McCain wouldn’t have any particular reason to try to keep things together for the party’s sake.
    http://www.vox.com/2016/8/2/12361852/donald-trump-paul-ryan-mccain-endorse
  • BobOblah
    Options
    I really hope we see some high ranking republicans publicly turn on Trump. GOP is crumbling
  • Swiffness!
    Options
    "A new poll of Arizona shows Hillary Clinton currently leading The Donald by three percentage points.

Conducted by OH Predictive Insights, it shows that Hillary is currently ahead of Trump 45-42 percent, with Libertarian Gary Johnson getting four percent and Green Party candidate Jill Stein getting one percent, with eight percent undecided."
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Gonna see what's up with this Libertarian Presidential Town Hall
  • Swiffness!
    Options
    Libertarian Party is the only 3rd party that genuinely deserves anyone's non-crybaby vote

"? Jill Stein wants to forgive $1.5 trillion in student debt by executive order. Know how much it would cost to eliminate homelessness in the entire country? $20 billion. Economic justice my ass. She’s pandering to college students and the recently graduated. She doesn’t give a rat’s ass about the poor."

- comment i found in a Kinja thread
  • Swiffness!
    Options
    Trump Boasts About Watching ‘Top Secret’ Iran Video Immediately After Becoming Eligible To Receive Classified Briefings

His vivid description raised questions about whether he disclosed classified material.

No publicly available video matches what Trump described. This raises the possibility that Trump was either fabricating the contents of a non-existent video, or he was disclosing information to which he has newly been granted access.

Trump’s description of the “top secret” tape came just days after the Republican presidential nominee became eligible to receive classified intelligence briefings ― a privilege afforded to the nominees of the two major political parties in order to prepare them, should they win the White House.

A spokeswoman for the Trump campaign declined to say how Trump acquired the video.

this cac unlocks new levels of fuckery like Goku do super saiyan forms
  • Swiffness!
    Options
    smh CNN giving Jill Stein a town hall too? Somebody please ask this ? about vaccines and flouride lol

what's sad is that other Green Partys around the world are very successful & reasonable, they even do well on the local level in California and sometimes have good candidates who do well at the state level

but Nationally? They keep gassing up these herb fuckniggas like Cynthia McKinney (and NO she didn't do ? about 2pac)
  • scoop1215
    scoop1215 Members Posts: 592 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Lets compare hillary rally
    3se17vrl1857.jpg
    Trump rally
    3h7kc11li4di.jpg
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9YPYRaeTW0

Yep.. Trump supporters are just mad about jobs.. Nothing else.. They have no kind of dead-seated motivation at all...
  • Swiffness!
    Options
    scoop1215 wrote: »
    3se17vrl1857.jpg
    Trump rally
    3h7kc11li4di.jpg

wow, what an objective scientific analysis of the presidential race. What was it like at the Trump rally? Did they burn a cross?
  • scoop1215
    scoop1215 Members Posts: 592 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    scoop1215 wrote: »
    3se17vrl1857.jpg
    Trump rally
    3h7kc11li4di.jpg

wow, what an objective scientific analysis of the presidential race. What was it like at the Trump rally? Did they burn a cross?

Really did they burn a cross? Is the best u could come up with smh. Im proving a point stop believing the media. The media shows what they want u to see. Hillary cant even get people for rallies to show up meanwhile trump is selling out stadiums with white, black, spanish, etc. But hey keep believing the lying media. I watch both rallies to see how the msm is going to work the spin.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @scoop1215 you really a Trump supporter? It's one thing to not like Hillary, but you out here stumping for Trump?