The Official DC Cinematic Universe thread - Now Showing - "The Justice League"

Options

Comments

• fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,479 Regulator
    edited August 2016
    Options
    DNB1 wrote: »
    ? hit London last night...dude a weirdo in rl.

nintchdbpict000256489010.jpg?w=581
    nintchdbpict000256487187.jpg?w=660
    nintchdbpict000256488850.jpg?w=610
    nintchdbpict000256494703.jpg?w=609
    suicide-squad-comp.jpg?w=960

reminds me of this

https://youtu.be/wtfoRESVir0
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    1CK1S wrote: »
    BTW comic book fans are putting all they're eggs in the basket for the Lego Batman film.

Do you guys even know how many trash DC films you have to put out to put your faith towards a Lego film?

Ain't nobody give a damn bout that movie bruh
  • matches malone
    matches malone Members Posts: 3,067 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i could see this movie being big overseas. seems like the kind of movie that plays well for foreign audiences.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jared Leto: They cut “a lot” of my Joker scenes out of ‘Suicide Squad’

The Suicide Squad cast is over in the UK promoting their new movie, and TeleStar caught up with the Joker himself, Jared Leto. Leto was asked if there was a scene that didn’t make it into the final cut of the movie that he wish had, and apparently there were a lot of them!

“There are a lot of scenes that didn’t make it to the final film,” Leto explained. “Hopefully they will see the light of day. Who knows.”

That’s pretty disappointing, especially if fans really like Jared Leto’s Joker (which judging by the reviews, they probably will).

News broke today citing some behind-the-scenes drama around the production of Suicide Squad. Apparently there were two versions of the movie being worked on simultaneously — a Warner Bros. version and a David Ayer version. WB’s ultimately won out, and maybe that one had less Joker for some reason?

No word yet on any kind of “Ultimate Edition” Blu-ray like they did for Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, but I really hope there is so fans can see the Joker footage that was cut out of the movie. It sounds like Leto wants the world to see it too!

so basically studios are sabotaging films just to generate DVD revenue?? thats some wack stuff if true. I think I rememberSteven Speilberg or someone saying that Hollywood would start to die because of situations like this
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So this is looking like how games are today with the gotdamn DLC ? ??
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    BTW comic book fans are putting all they're eggs in the basket for the Lego Batman film.

Do you guys even know how many trash DC films you have to put out to put your faith towards a Lego film?

Bullshitt the Lego movies are GOAT
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Suicide Squad cast responds to the negative reviews

We've yet to see a meme which matches #SadAffleck, but the cast of Suicide Squad were inevitably asked about the movie's negative reviews when they appeared at the movie's London premiere last night. You can see their reactions for yourselves in the video below, but the cast member most upset is Cara Delevingne. "The critics have been absolutely horrific, they’re really, really horrible," she told Reuters (via Batman-News). "You know, I just don’t think they like superhero movies. It doesn’t really matter what the critics say at the end of the day. It’s the fans that we made this movie for."

The fact that Suicide Squad has been made for fans seem to be the company line, because Margot Robbie would go on to also echo those thoughts. "At the end of the day critical acclaim is really nice, but we made it for the fans. If the fans like it then we did our job." Will Smith meanwhile had something similar to say after praising Ayer's vision for the big screen debut of Task Force X. "I think people had expectations that may have been different, but I’m excited for the fans to get to vote."

Director David Ayer expended on his comments via social media, adding: "I made the movie for real people who live in the real world. I made the movie for people who actually love movies and go and see movies. The movie’s a lot of fun and the fans are really going to enjoy this." Whether or not that will be the case remains to be seen because Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice certainly divided fans earlier this year in a big way. Will Suicide Squad? We'll find out this weekend. It'll be interesting...
  • nickel-us P
    nickel-us P Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ima catch it tonight before I talk my ?
  • matches malone
    matches malone Members Posts: 3,067 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    texas409 wrote: »
    Jared Leto: They cut “a lot” of my Joker scenes out of ‘Suicide Squad’

The Suicide Squad cast is over in the UK promoting their new movie, and TeleStar caught up with the Joker himself, Jared Leto. Leto was asked if there was a scene that didn’t make it into the final cut of the movie that he wish had, and apparently there were a lot of them!

“There are a lot of scenes that didn’t make it to the final film,” Leto explained. “Hopefully they will see the light of day. Who knows.”

That’s pretty disappointing, especially if fans really like Jared Leto’s Joker (which judging by the reviews, they probably will).

News broke today citing some behind-the-scenes drama around the production of Suicide Squad. Apparently there were two versions of the movie being worked on simultaneously — a Warner Bros. version and a David Ayer version. WB’s ultimately won out, and maybe that one had less Joker for some reason?

No word yet on any kind of “Ultimate Edition” Blu-ray like they did for Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, but I really hope there is so fans can see the Joker footage that was cut out of the movie. It sounds like Leto wants the world to see it too!

so basically studios are sabotaging films just to generate DVD revenue?? thats some wack stuff if true. I think I rememberSteven Speilberg or someone saying that Hollywood would start to die because of situations like this

where did he say that. Wouldnt mind reading it. Hes talked a lot about comic book movies and how soon they're gonna go the way of westerns. (which I dont agree with but who knows.)
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I gotta postpone til the weekend
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kevin Smith gave it a damn good review.
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    He's also in love with David Ayer and dc comics though, but I tend to agree with a lot of his opinions that he expresses.
  • White_Owl_Willie
    White_Owl_Willie Members Posts: 220 ✭✭
    Options
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »

So did Jon Schnepp, gave it an 8/10, and he destroyed the theatrical cut of BvS. John Campea gave an overall positive review as well.

I'll have to check for that Kevin Smith review though.
  • r.prince18
    r.prince18 Members Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I seen a lot of people on YouTube give it a good review
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Going tomorrow at 10am!
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,479 Regulator
    Options

whose ? (pause) doesnt kevin smith suck.
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    fortyacres wrote: »

whose ? (pause) doesnt kevin smith suck.

Tim Burton lol
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Critics are all over the place, yes the consensus isnt that good, but you got Folks who liked BVS and hate Suicide Squad and Liked Suicide Squad and hate BVS.

Man got to wait till Sunday.
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Shiiiit I forgot I got movie tix from work. I too will see this at a reduced price
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Movie was good.
    Letos joker was different but good ( don't expect to see ledger part 2) felt like some of his scenes were missing
    Robbies Harley was decent ...way more human than physco
    The cameo and the visuals were nice
    It had a much diff. Feel than MOS and BvS
    Enchantress was good... (Kinda reminded me of sigourney im ghostbusters at the end)