The 2017 MLB Thread

Options

Comments

• King_MOEbra
    King_MOEbra Members Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sox out of a playoff spot for the first time since the first week of the season, what a waste if we don't make it

I will be shocked if the Red Sox miss the playoffs.
  • KnowReasonForPeace
    KnowReasonForPeace Members Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cubs will be fine come playoff time. That mid season drag hit us and we still have the best record in the league. That's dominance for real.
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cubs will be fine come playoff time. That mid season drag hit us and we still have the best record in the league. That's dominance for real.

[img]http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view1/3151564/smack-who-is-this-? -o.gif[/img]
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sox out of a playoff spot for the first time since the first week of the season, what a waste if we don't make it

I'll be ? , more this year than any other year, between this being Ortiz' last run and the great year we're getting out of pretty much the whole squad besides our ace from Porcello and Wright to Betts/Bogaertz/Bradley to the vets DP and Ortiz, even Hanley at first has been surprisingly good for the most part, if we don't make it it goes on Price imo even though he's pitching well lately he really needs to earn that contract down the stretch
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options

I'll be ? , more this year than any other year, between this being Ortiz' last run and the great year we're getting out of pretty much the whole squad besides our ace from Porcello and Wright to Betts/Bogaertz/Bradley to the vets DP and Ortiz, even Hanley at first has been surprisingly good for the most part, if we don't make it it goes on Price imo even though he's pitching well lately he really needs to earn that contract down the stretch

There's 50 somethin games left,red sox 2 out the al east/wild card & have several games vs the orioles and blue jays left.You actin like it's last week of sept/oct and time runnin out
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We got a lot of games on the road from here on out, it's going to be a tight race I'm just thinking in advancehow dissapontinh it will be
  • ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blue jays take 3 of 4 from houston and j.a happ gets his 15th win and with baltimore loss to texas the two teams are now tied for the al east lead

people laughed (myself included) when happ was toronto biggest offseason pitching signee when they lost david price to the extremely overspending red sox and it turns out happ has worked better than expected

david price

9-7 record
    150.2 IP
    4.30 era
    salary 30 million

j.a happ

15-3 record
    137.0 IP
    3.09 era
    salary 6.7 million
  • ckfree
    Options
    this isnt really related to anything

but theres a new female intern at work who is a spitting image of mark teahen

mark-teahen-of-the-chicago-white-sox-poses-for-a-headshot-on-january-picture-id96265207

its highly unsettling to me

im gonna roll a soft ground paper ball at her and report back with results
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options
    Who was the genius who made the cubs schedule.Cubs at Oakland A's this weekend then back at wrigley for 10 games then BACK to cali for the dodgers and padres.3 trips to the west coast in one season?(opened season at anaheim) Who da ? thought that was a good idea?
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options
    Tommy La stella still hasn't reported to triple a lollll duke was on 10 about getting demoted.I don't blame him he was arguably the cubs hottest hitter when they sent him down he was given extra time and still hasn't showed up and they don't have a clue where he's at either
  • ckfree
    Options
    Who was the genius who made the cubs schedule.Cubs at Oakland A's this weekend then back at wrigley for 10 games then BACK to cali for the dodgers and padres.3 trips to the west coast in one season?(opened season at anaheim) Who da ? thought that was a good idea?

you would have been sick if cubs lost that game the other day

because it was a day game

followed by an off day

then a west coast night game

thats a long time to stay on a loss

that awful 5-15 stretch involved no breaks/luck whatever you wanna call it

its clearly evened out the last 20 games
  • Tommy bilfiger
    edited August 2016
    Options
    ckfree wrote: »

followed by an off day

Yea they've been playing much better since the all star break which makes me think they were fatigued.

What was lost in all of that was the cubs played 24 games in 24 days during the slump that's 3+ weeks with no days off.I still would like to see them hit better with risp that's literally my only concern wit this team.They routinely get on base cuz of the walks but struggle to drive in runs.In the comeback over the marlins they didn't hit nothin ramos imploded
  • ckfree
    Options

followed by an off day

Yea they've been playing much better since the all star break which makes me think they were fatigued.

What was lost in all of that was the cubs played 24 games in 24 days during the slump that's 3+ weeks with no days off.I still would like to see them hit better with risp that's literally my only concern wit this team.They routinely get on base cuz of the walks but struggle to drive in runs.In the comeback over the marlins they didn't hit nothin ramos imploded

word

their prior struggles were just part of the natural course of a 162 game season

but last game not withstanding it has to be very encouraging to see them scoring runs later in the game lately
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options

followed by an off day

word

but last game not withstanding it has to be very encouraging to see them scoring runs later in the game lately

Yea I meant to post the cubs seem to score more runs in 7th inning and later than do early in the game and they been doin that all season so I never think it's over.

Wonder what's goin on with Andrew McCutchchen he slumpin bad the pirates basically benched him and said mentally decompress and be ready this weekend.Maybe it's just that down season every player seems to have duke one of my favorite players.
  • ckfree
    Options

followed by an off day

word

Yea I meant to post the cubs seem to score more runs in 7th inning and later than do early in the game and they been doin that all season so I never think it's over.

Wonder what's goin on with Andrew McCutchchen he slumpin bad the pirates basically benched him and said mentally decompress and be ready this weekend.Maybe it's just that down season every player seems to have duke one of my favorite players.

yeah its gotta be one of those years or hes hurt and not saying nothing or something off the field but on the low though cutch has been on a down trajectory since his 2013 mvp season

8.1 WAR that year
    6.3 the next
    4.9 last season

now he seems to have fallen off the table completely

he is 29 years old and still within his peak so i dont know what the hell is going on
  • KnowReasonForPeace
    KnowReasonForPeace Members Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    O.G. wrote: »

Let me know where I'm wrong.
  • big_chris67
    big_chris67 Members Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭
    Options

I'll be at that Cubs Dodgers sat game
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options
    Soler back,starting at DH tonight
  • King_MOEbra
    King_MOEbra Members Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Great, so the Yankees are kicking our ass again. smh
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    O.G. wrote: »

Let me know where I'm wrong.

We never heard of you (who is this ? gif) and you are a Cubs fan. You could be legit or a front runner. We don't know. Welcome to the Seats i guess.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options
    Soler 3 run HR 1st Ab.Hopefully this cat can get on track and be consistent the rest of the season
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Rodney's been a ? since we acquired him.
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Nice comeback in the 9th. Ramos redeemed himself
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options