The Official World Politics Thread - All Breaking News here.

Options

Comments

• Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BobOblah wrote: »
    He looks weird reading that speech which makes me think that he's basically winging it and rambling most of the time we see him

Nearly all Trump's rallies are just him ranting. That's it. You can tell when he off & on script.

When he's on script, he's more subdued. You see in his face he doesn't like doing it. He feels restricted.
  • Melqart
    Melqart Guests, Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He looks weird reading that speech which makes me think that he's basically winging it and rambling most of the time we see him

Bruh. How the ? are you just now coming to this conclusion lmao
  • Lord Ether
    Lord Ether Members Posts: 736 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/290586-police-union-clinton-snubbed-us
    Police union: Clinton snubbed us

Top officials at the biggest police union in the country are upset with Hillary Clinton, saying she snubbed them.

The leader of the National Fraternal Order of Police told The Hill that the Democrat sent a signal through her staff that she wouldn’t be seeking the union’s endorsement.

"It sends a powerful message. To be honest with you, I was disappointed and shocked," said Chuck Canterbury, the president of the National Fraternal Order of Police.

"You would think with law enforcement issues so much in the news that even if she had disagreements with our positions, that she would’ve been willing to say that."

Clinton’s opponent, Donald Trump, is now actively seeking the union’s support as he trumpets a “law and order” message on the campaign tail.

Canterbury spoke to The Hill in a telephone interview Friday, shortly after he left Trump Tower in Manhattan.

He and other leaders of the police union — which says it represents 335,000 members — visited with Trump on Friday morning to sound out the Republican nominee about his positions on issues of importance to law enforcement officers. Politico first reported the meeting.

The union will not be meeting with Clinton because her campaign decided not to fill out a questionnaire that is required for seeking the police union's endorsement.

"We were talking to the highest levels of the campaign, and we had all indications that she was going to return the questionnaire," Canterbury said.

"And on the deadline date we were advised that they declined."

The Fraternal Order of Police has a strict process for making a presidential endorsement.

It first sends each candidate a lengthy questionnaire; after the candidates complete and return their questionnaires, the union distributes the answers to its membership.

Finally, in September, the state chapters vote, and if a candidate receives majority support in two-thirds of the states, he or she wins the union's endorsement.

This year, only Trump's campaign filled out the questionnaire.

Canterbury says that to his knowledge the questionnaire snub has only happened once before — in 2004 with John Kerry.

He said President Obama submitted the questionnaire in both 2008 and 2012.

The last time the Fraternal Order of Police endorsed a Democrat for president was Bill Clinton in 1996, Canterbury said. In 2000 and 2004, the union endorsed George W. Bush, and in 2008 it supported John McCain. In 2012, the union endorsed neither Obama nor Mitt Romney because neither could command a two-thirds majority of states, he said.

Asked about the decision not to seek the police union's endorsement, Clinton spokesman Jesse Ferguson said, "Throughout her career, Hillary Clinton has been committed to our law enforcement officers."

"As she said from the beginning of her campaign, across the country, police officers are out there every day inspiring trust and confidence, honorably doing their duty, putting themselves on the line to save lives.

"She believes we must work together to build on what’s working and to build the bonds of trust between police and the communities they serve — because we are stronger together," Ferguson added.

"Hillary and her team have engaged law enforcement throughout the campaign to listen to ideas and solutions, and she will continue to do so as president.”

Leaders of the police union wouldn't give a straight answer when asked if they believed that Clinton respected law enforcement officers.

Asked whether he thought Clinton respected the police, Canterbury said, “Can’t answer that question. Don’t know."

Asked the same question, the police union's national executive director, Jim Pasco, said, “I don’t know. She isn’t talking to us."

"You can quote me on that," he added.

“Candidly, we were very disappointed," Pasco said of Clinton's decision not to fill out the questionnaire.

"We are an organization that tries to be bipartisan and works with members of either party wherever we have common ground."

"And the idea that a presidential candidate would not want to at least talk to an organization that represents almost half of the police officers in the United States and is a thought leader in the public sphere … is very disappointing."

On the eve of the Democratic convention, Canterbury wrote a note — widely shared on Facebook — criticizing the Democratic Party's attitude toward law enforcement, saying the party was focused more on the deaths caused by police officers than officers killed in the line of duty.

The Democrats had several law enforcement officials speak at their convention. But they seemed to devote more attention to speeches from mothers who lost children in police altercations, labeling them the “Mothers of the Movement.”

Asked whether he thought policing was becoming a red versus blue issue, Pasco insisted he didn't view support for law enforcement in partisan terms.

"There are many members of the Democratic Party, elected officials who are stalwart allies of law enforcement," he said.

Pasco singled out Vermont Sen. Patrick Leahy (Vt.) and House Democratic Whip Steny Hoyer (Md.) for praise.

Trump is working hard to win the police union's endorsement.

On Friday, the GOP nominee led a 40-minute meeting with the union’s presidential screening committee in a conference room at Trump Tower.

Trump was alone at the table, and only accompanied in the room by one aide, Rick Gates, Pasco said.

Trump and the union representatives discussed the presidential questionnaire and the GOP nominee asked about the recent uptick in violence against police officers.

"Trump has got a long history of being friendly to law enforcement," Canterbury said.

"He’s continued that during his campaign. We’ve seen that at most of his campaign stops he takes time to speak to the officers that are protecting him ... very respectful, and that’s being recognized by law enforcement officers."

Canterbury and Pasco said Trump expressed concern about the number of police officers being killed by firearms in the line of duty.

"He wanted to know from us did we feel that there was an uptick in assaults and we of course said yes," Canterbury said.

Canterbury said he was encouraged that Trump pledged his support for “federal dollars for training, as long as it can stay within the budget."

"He also was in full agreement on lifting the executive order on surplus military equipment."

“I was encouraged by his support of law enforcement but I am banned by our regulations from having a personal opinion," Canterbury said.

"I have one," he added, "but my membership believes that it’s their decision to make.”
  • indyman87
    indyman87 Members Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1CK1S wrote: »
    Activist Who Served Papers to DNC on Fraud Case Found Dead

On July 3, 2016, Shawn Lucas and filmmaker Ricardo Villaba served the DNC Services Corp. and Chairperson Debbie Wasserman Schultz at DNC’s headquarters in Washington, D.C., in the fraud class action suit against the Democrat Party on behalf of Bernie Sanders supporters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3FMgZruOXE

Shawn Lucas was found dead this week.

According to Snopes Lucas was found dead on his bathroom floor.

We contacted Lucas’ employer on 4 August 2016 to ask whether there was any truth to the rumor. According to an individual with whom we spoke at that company, Shawn Lucas died on 2 August 2016. The audibly and understandably shaken employee stated that interest in the circumstances of Lucas’ death had prompted a number of phone calls and other queries, but the company had not yet ascertained any details about Lucas’ cause of death and were unable to confirm anything more than the fact he had passed away.

An unconfirmed report holds that Lucas was found lying on the bathroom floor by his girlfriend when she returned home on the evening of 2 August 2016. Paramedics responding to her 911 call found no signs of life.

This follows the death of 27 year-old Democratic staffer Seth Conrad Rich who was murdered in Washington DC on July 8. The killer or killers appear to have taken nothing from their victim, leaving behind his wallet, watch and phone. Shortly after the killing, Redditors and social media users were pursuing a “lead” saying that Rich was en route to the FBI the morning of his murder, apparently intending to speak to special agents about an “ongoing court case” possibly involving the Clinton family.

seth-rich-bloomingdale_02.jpg

And on June 22, 2016, former UN official John Ashe “accidentally” crushed his own throat and died a week before he was scheduled to testify against the Clintons and Democrat Party.

john-ashe-un-575x383.jpg

John Ashes died before his court appearance.

After a couple of decades or so of the Clintons catching bodies it's very apparent that some of these deaths are not just coincidences.
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options
    scoop1215 wrote: »
    1CK1S wrote: »
    Activist Who Served Papers to DNC on Fraud Case Found Dead

On July 3, 2016, Shawn Lucas and filmmaker Ricardo Villaba served the DNC Services Corp. and Chairperson Debbie Wasserman Schultz at DNC’s headquarters in Washington, D.C., in the fraud class action suit against the Democrat Party on behalf of Bernie Sanders supporters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3FMgZruOXE

Shawn Lucas was found dead this week.

According to Snopes Lucas was found dead on his bathroom floor.

We contacted Lucas’ employer on 4 August 2016 to ask whether there was any truth to the rumor. According to an individual with whom we spoke at that company, Shawn Lucas died on 2 August 2016. The audibly and understandably shaken employee stated that interest in the circumstances of Lucas’ death had prompted a number of phone calls and other queries, but the company had not yet ascertained any details about Lucas’ cause of death and were unable to confirm anything more than the fact he had passed away.

An unconfirmed report holds that Lucas was found lying on the bathroom floor by his girlfriend when she returned home on the evening of 2 August 2016. Paramedics responding to her 911 call found no signs of life.

This follows the death of 27 year-old Democratic staffer Seth Conrad Rich who was murdered in Washington DC on July 8. The killer or killers appear to have taken nothing from their victim, leaving behind his wallet, watch and phone. Shortly after the killing, Redditors and social media users were pursuing a “lead” saying that Rich was en route to the FBI the morning of his murder, apparently intending to speak to special agents about an “ongoing court case” possibly involving the Clinton family.

seth-rich-bloomingdale_02.jpg

And on June 22, 2016, former UN official John Ashe “accidentally” crushed his own throat and died a week before he was scheduled to testify against the Clintons and Democrat Party.

john-ashe-un-575x383.jpg

John Ashes died before his court appearance.

Good old arkancide strikes again whats the list up to now 55 smh.

that's right you fuckboys and rats better stop poppin that ? or get left in a vacant covered in plastic & lye, Clinton Mafia, Get Down or Lay Down

Gangsta-Sarah-Sole.jpg
    Hillary_Gangsta.jpg

I'M VOTING FOR THE CANDIDATE THAT KILLS SNITCHES
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • 313 wayz
    313 wayz Members Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options
    This election is the worst I have witnessed during the time I have been able to vote
  • matches malone
    matches malone Members Posts: 3,067 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lmao at this point trump shouldve just not endorsed anyone. its only a primary, he could have just endorsed Ryan McCain whoever in the general. now he looked desperate as ? .
  • scoop1215
    scoop1215 Members Posts: 592 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Real talk another reason im not voting for hillary i think she is sick with syphilis. Thats why shes forgetting things etc. It might have to do with that bloodclot in her brain she had from falling down hitting her head back in 08 09
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Abraxas wrote: »

Bruh. How the ? are you just now coming to this conclusion lmao

Lol I shoulda said this verifies that he is winging it all of the time. He must never read from a speech because it looks mad weird.
  • BobOblah
    Options
    313 wayz wrote: »
    This election is the worst I have witnessed during the time I have been able to vote

I've only ever voted for a black president since I could vote. My first experience having to vote for white people is a shitshow, I'm not impressed.
  • BobOblah
    Options
    Hillary has pretty much been quiet since the convention. I heard someone say her camp is fine falling back and letting Trump take headlines if he's gonna keep destroying himself like he has the past couple weeks. I don't think Hillary really even chimed in on the Khan family thing, the Khans and veterans like McCain etc went at Trump for her.

They're saying Teflon Trump might finally be in trouble this time.
  • MeTaL
    MeTaL Members Posts: 6,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's over for trump.. ? was amusing at first when he started out.. But now this ? is sad and pathetic.. ? already lost the battle and war before it begun.. All Clinton and her campaign has to do sit back and watch.. while the ? destroys and kills himself all over the media.. best course of action to victory. ? single handily destroy what's left of the republicans..and it's sub divisions GOP, Tea Party and conservatives..
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Hillary has pretty much been quiet since the convention. I heard someone say her camp is fine falling back and letting Trump take headlines if he's gonna keep destroying himself like he has the past couple weeks. I don't think Hillary really even chimed in on the Khan family thing, the Khans and veterans like McCain etc went at Trump for her.

She's commented on it at a couple of times at her rallies. But you right tho, her campaign has just fallen back. Hell I'd advise the same thing if I was her CM.

Let Trump continue to shoot himself in the foot. I'd tell her to keep sticking to the issues, and keep reminding folks why Trump is...well...Trump.
  • southsil4lil
    southsil4lil Members Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "I keep my enemies close I give em enough rope, they put themselves in the air I just kick away the chair"
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

She's commented on it at a couple of her rallies. But you right tho, her campaign has just fallen back.
    Hell I'd advise the same thing if I was her CM.

Let Trump continue to shoot himself in the foot. I'd tell her to keep sticking to the issues, and keep reminding folks why Trump is...well...Trump.

Yup Hillary aint gotta do ? ..trump doing more for her right now than she could ever do for herself..even turned Georgia into a swing state. All she gotta do is lay low..let this ? show ride out and let people forget about why they despise her.
  • Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Chance of winning in November. This is updated daily on fivethirtyeight.

1lqy50ign033.png
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options
    This fool ? on Japan now. They're our most loyal ally in that region and they're the world's third largest economy. The only reason they don't have a military is because we had to go all out fighting they ass. Nobody wanna give them another chance to go hari-kari. Man, Trump is a damn fool.
    “You know we have a treaty with Japan, where if Japan is attacked, we have to use the full force and might of the United States,” Trump said during an appearance in Iowa on Friday. “If we’re attacked, Japan doesn’t have to do anything. They can sit home and watch Sony television, OK?”

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-japan-sony_us_57a638d8e4b03ba680128d39
  • tupacfan12
    tupacfan12 Members Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol I look at that 538 map and I see Trump doing Bob Dole numbers, he better pray he wins that first debate.

I have a gut feeling Hillary will go soft on Trump just like Obama did with Romney in 2012. Remember Obama had hella momentum after the DNC and was turning red states into swing state. Everybody thought the election was a lock for Obama. Until the first debate.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Options
    tupacfan12 wrote: »
    Lol I look at that 538 map and I see Trump doing Bob Dole numbers, he better pray he wins that first debate.

I have a gut feeling Hillary will go soft on Trump just like Obama did with Romney in 2012. Remember Obama had hella momentum after the DNC and was turning red states into swing state. Everybody thought the election was a lock for Obama. Until the first debate.

To Obama'a credit, that 1st debate was on the same night as his wedding anniversary. You can see the look on his face that he didn't wanna be there. Hell I'd probably would've felt the same also. He did drop the ball regardless.

But he did come back wit a vengeance tho and ethered Romney in the other two debates.
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,480 Regulator
    Options
    i really hope he gets the Blackwater or Mondale treatment in the vote percentage, this ? needs to be buried.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All Trump had to do was wrap himself in the American Flag and he would have been good to go...
  • scoop1215
    scoop1215 Members Posts: 592 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Jabu_Rule wrote: »
    This fool ? on Japan now. They're our most loyal ally in that region and they're the world's third largest economy. The only reason they don't have a military is because we had to go all out fighting they ass. Nobody wanna give them another chance to go hari-kari. Man, Trump is a damn fool.
    “You know we have a treaty with Japan, where if Japan is attacked, we have to use the full force and might of the United States,” Trump said during an appearance in Iowa on Friday. “If we’re attacked, Japan doesn’t have to do anything. They can sit home and watch Sony television, OK?”

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-japan-sony_us_57a638d8e4b03ba680128d39

Hes been saying that since he started a year ago