Pastor Says Church Fired Him For Inviting Black Children To Attend Bible School

Options
1CK1S
1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
screen_shot_2016-08-03_at_2.51.47_pm.png

An Alabama pastor is claiming he was fired from his post at his church because he invited black children to attend its Vacation Bible School, WTOK reports.

Pastor Jonathan Greer told the station he was unanimously voted out Sunday, and the deacon of Mt. Sterling Baptist Church in Butler told him he couldn’t invite black churchgoers.

“There was push-back about the types of children that we were bringing in,” Greer told the station. “And I was asked to not invite black children to the VBS.”

A deacon from the church told WTOK that Greer’s firing was not because of race but because Greer didn’t work with the church’s deacons and didn’t visit members of the congregation.

“What they really mean is that someone can wander in off the street and they won’t stop them, but they specifically asked me, explicitly, not to invite black people. I tried to communicate with them that that’s not consistent with Christianity,” Greer told the station.

Greer said he refused to go quietly and on Sunday gave his last sermon about racism.

“I wanted the church to know that this is not consistent with the gospel,” he told WTOK. “This is not consistent with ? ’s word that we honor and give dignity to all people. That’s what the Bible teaches us, and all people are worthy and in need of the gospel, and racism denies that to a certain amount of people.”

Comments

• jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tax churches B
  • b'mer...
    b'mer... Members Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All religious institutions should pay taxes. The product(s) being sold is faith and redemption.
  • R0mp
    R0mp Members Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How much do you guys want to bet that these guys are same commenters you see condemning blacks for being 'divisive'.
  • the dukester
    the dukester Members Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Racial Homogeny & tribalism trumps man made Christianity & social engineering.

? reminds of white Christian "do-gooders" going to Africa, to civilize the savage through Christianity.

Indoctrination--mind-fuckery 101.
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's not like those Black children would've benefited much from some ? imaginary religion anyway.
  • ineedpussy
    ineedpussy Members Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    but its vacation bible school. you get cookies and juice and have fun with some white people. and learn about our lord and saviour white jesus
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Praise white Jesus!!!
  • white sympathizer
    white sympathizer Members Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not our religion anyway, ? pale devils forced it on our ancestors and they never got away from it unfortunately

Prayed for an invisible white man to come save them until the very bitter end
  • gem$tone
    gem$tone Members Posts: 468 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wonder why those whites that feels like it's Obama's fault for the racial divide, never talk about ? like this or that black firefighter. Like that Tomi white chic
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I remember a children's book we had as kids. It was filled with stories of biblical figures and all of them were white. Even Jehovah was white by the image they showed his hands and feet but had his face a ball of light like the sun. That tells you these religions like Christianity and Jehovah's Witnesses are a creation of white supremacy. No one has seen an angel or ? , but they are white?
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I remember a children's book we had as kids. It was filled with stories of biblical figures and all of them were white. Even Jehovah was white by the image they showed his hands and feet but had his face a ball of light like the sun. That tells you these religions like Christianity and Jehovah's Witnesses are a creation of white supremacy. No one has seen an angel or ? , but they are white?

It's wild illogical...and outright propaganda.
    But even if you indulged it there's two questions to ask......

Are Africans the first "recorded" man?
    If ? created man in his image and Africans were alledgely the first man, then what can you reasonably conclude from your bible?
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    Tax churches B

That doesn't really relate to this
  • emanuel08
    emanuel08 Members Posts: 515 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options
    those vacation schools are packed with milfs in the parking lot , i haven't been to one in a few years tho
  • mrrealone
    mrrealone Members Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Of course nobody has seen The Most High. Far as his Son, according to the book that is read, the image "they" promote does not match the feet....

http://biblehub.com/kjv/revelation/1-15.htm

King James Version
    And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters.

Darby Bible Translation
    and his feet like fine brass, as burning in a furnace; and his voice as the voice of many waters;

World English Bible
    His feet were like burnished brass, as if it had been refined in a furnace. His voice was like the voice of many waters.

Young's Literal Translation
    and his feet like to fine brass, as in a furnace having been fired, and his voice as a sound of many waters,

• MD_PROPER
    MD_PROPER Members Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    “What they really mean is that someone can wander in off the street and they won’t stop them, but they specifically asked me, explicitly, not to invite black people. I tried to communicate with them that that’s not consistent with Christianity,” Greer told the station.

Greer said he refused to go quietly and on Sunday gave his last sermon about racism.

“I wanted the church to know that this is not consistent with the gospel,” he told WTOK. “This is not consistent with ? ’s word that we honor and give dignity to all people. That’s what the Bible teaches us, and all people are worthy and in need of the gospel, and racism denies that to a certain amount of people.”

If you a righteous white person and you are somehow shocked at how your fellow white brethren really feel about black people then you are naive as hell
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LUClEN wrote: »
    jono wrote: »
    Tax churches B

That doesn't really relate to this

Don't care at all
  • Mr_Vicodin81G
    Mr_Vicodin81G Members Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Don't agree with religion post.