13»

Comments

• S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    S2J wrote: »
    Very well written, very good advice, but once you realize in his situation a lot of that is directed at his own mother and father it KINDA changes things lol

I agree with what he sayin in principle, but with DIRECT family, and with a certain amount of money? Yea my family gon be straight regardless jack. Most of the time it sounds like the process of divying the money is the issue, not the actual money. Hire someone to handle it then

1 life, 1 family, and u cant take it with you.

Not when you got Trent Richardson saying just a day ago how his family blew through 1.6 million of his money, or the player whose own mother sent him a "bill" for raising him the night he got drafted...or the other stories athletes and rich folks in general have told about how their family feels automatically entitled to the money they've earned at anytime no matter what. You make people that dependent on you for their livelihood then you're creating a problem no matter who they are. You can't have people coming to you every couple weeks asking for money like you're a living bank.

Thats why i said 'a certain amount of money ". Trent Richardson on a rookie deal he doesn't qualify.

But for those making bank, like i said, that's a problem with divying it up.

Set a budget, set up a trust, make them go thru a manager, set limits, etc.

If Bill Gates can manage to give half his money away to strangers im sure there's a way to set up your mom, dad, and 2 sisters for life when you've made 680 mill :/

A 100k hard cap allowance a year for each would cost a whopping 10 mill... over 20 years. :/

It aint the money, its the process. Clean up the process and everybody happy
  • Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? all that, if I got it, my people's got it. ? stay trying to find a way to NOT help their family out.
    I gotta disagree bruh. I used to have this mentality for YEARS and it got me no where. All my family wanted to do was hold out their hands because I was doing better than them, but them ? didn't want to put in the work to achieve some ? themselves.

It came down to the point where I realized I was never going to be able to move forward in life and reach my goals because most of my resources was going to them.

After I came to the decision (albeit a hard one) to hold them accountable for themselves and stopped giving my ? away, I flourished.
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, he eats for a lifetime.

How have some of you never heard this?

Yeah I have
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Mastery wrote: »
    ? all that, if I got it, my people's got it. ? stay trying to find a way to NOT help their family out.
    I gotta disagree bruh. I used to have this mentality for YEARS and it got me no where. All my family wanted to do was hold out their hands because I was doing better than them, but them ? didn't want to put in the work to achieve some ? themselves.

It came down to the point where I realized I was never going to be able to move forward in life and reach my goals because most of my resources was going to them.

After I came to the decision (albeit a hard one) to hold them accountable for themselves and stopped giving my ? away, I flourished.

You and 2steps doin the same thing. Congratulations on being the breadwinner of your family, but respectfully speaking yall ? need to sit down. You do not have Kobe money. Stop drawing a line from what you do to the WEALTH that Kobe has (or huge NBA/MLB/NFL money).

Kobes advice is great for the avg person or guy just gettin in the league, but to use that same logic when you at his level is a copout.

Bottom line some people are stingy/selfish/spiteful with $100, and we assume that with $100 million that goes away...it doenst.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    ? all that, if I got it, my people's got it. ? stay trying to find a way to NOT help their family out. What he's saying is how you treat strangers you're trying to help out, not your close family. With your close ones you (I) would do both for the young people and simply support my elders.

Kobe needs to chill with that big brother, overseeing eye ? . Stop trying to evaluate and control every aspect of the lives of others on some power trip ? . Ol' I got the whole world in my hands ass ? .

So you're saying he should budget into his life money to take care of fully grown adults who can work for themselves?

I would, but that's me and my situation. The way I see it, we're all slaves to this work force ? , and I would quickly free my family from this crooked system we're all caught in.

In Kobe's case, he's acting like if his parents or siblings ask for a nice car, he should turn it down and instead send them to law school, on some "I'm trying to better you" ? , or offer to pay a bill or some ? . I see that as crossing the line and trying to play some overseer position. Nah ? , either buy them the car or tell 'em you ain't got it. FOH with that, "well I got you an interview with another slave corporation and put in good word for you instead" ? .

Yeah i'm not funding no grown man or woman's lifestyle unless it's my father. Other than that I'll help someone get set up and in a position to continue to take care of themselves...but I aint about to be out here paying nobody's bills to keep the lights on in their home. That does nothing to help someone, it only makes them dependent on you for their livelihood...and it's an ego boost for you to make you feel important.

And that same relationship you have with your father, others may have with their mother or siblings or even best friends.

Just because you feel supporting others is an ego boost, doesn't make it so. Maybe that's your self-evaluation, but that's not how it is over here. I support people in my family, because I can and I feel that's what close family should do for each other. No ego involved when it comes to close ones.

The goal should be to set others up so they can provide for themselves...not for you to fund their lifestyle forever.

Says who? Maybe that's YOUR goal or belief, but I understand that you can't force ANYONE to live by your philosophies, especially elders.

I'm here to help them do them and that's it. If they want to be a doctor, we can talk about med school, if they just want a nice car, we can do that too. If they just want to lay low, we can work something out.

I'm not going to force my beliefs on my close ones and add more conditions to my assistance because I'm the one who happens to have the money. That's ridiculous. If I have it to give, they'll be the first on the list with no added stipulations.

Setting someone up to go to school is one thing...literally paying someone or giving them money simply for existing though? Nah I can't see any real justification for that one unless they're physically incapable of doing anything for themselves
  • SlimRemy
    SlimRemy Members Posts: 149 ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I wanna know what the woman he supposedly ? looked like. Because she's gotta be one of the baddest women to ever walk the face of the Earth considering not only was he willing to throw away or risk his basketball career, but his wife is already bad as hell. So she was so fine Kobe was willing to give up ball/ his life's work, his wife, all this money that is currently being spoken about, AND PRISON. Never mind the fact that the Lakers were ballin out, and were in the finals that same year. Plus the women that he already had access to or that would willingly throw themselves at him...

The Ill Pix keep having tournaments trying to decide who's the baddest. Based on the idea of investing, risks, rewards, and what have you, those are some hall of fame stats/attributes for baddest woman ever. At least of the past century.

I'm pretty gullible, but you can't really convince me of that one.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mastery wrote: »

Here's the thing, I'm the most important person in my life without question, and I don't mess up my ? for anyone (ignoring extreme cases and even then it's a very thin line and you only have a couple of chances), so I don't have that problem and never will. That's why I said "if I got it", meaning if I budgeted out of my personal investments, I will make an effort to divvy it out to the fam.

I don't have Kobe money, but even now, I still have a "do whatever the ? I want with" stash, and if asked, I'll gladly share with my close ones.

With the hands out ? , it's not my job to judge or oversee other adults on how they want to live life, especially if they're my elders. That's something they're going to have to come to terms with for themselves.
  • ReppinTime
    ReppinTime Members Posts: 4,760 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options
    ReppinTime wrote: »
    If you don't like kobe you don't like yourself or you're misinformed.
    Quite possibly the hardest working entertainer of all time.
    Even Micheal Jackson work ethic shrinks next to his.

This ? retired and still keeping the same training schedule.
    You have to be some level of mentally ? to work that hard.

they all in the same realm.
    they are people who respect there craft an wont be caught slipping in their profession.

I wouldn't put him above Mike tho...maybe the same as Floyd, jordan,Jerry rice an the likes.

The fact that you said Jordan..the same ? who played in the playoffs ? among many other things kobe would never do means you don't know if what you're talking about and should shut up. Floyd himself while much higher than Jordans work ethic would tell you it's not kobe level. FLoyd actually has a life outside boxing.

but Jordan didn't get caught ? chicks or dry snitching.

you taking this somewhere else... an it's clear you don't know what you're talking about.

do you think you really know what Kobe does outside of ball? how you figure Floyd has a life outside the ring? you only speaking from media reporting an what they allow you to see.

they are all perfectionists. sometimes life gets to people an they have a weak moment or a few of them....that doesn't take away from your work ethic.

I understand you might like Kobe, not like Jordan or whatever..but nah. ? even Prince was a damn perfectionist.

but how you figure Kobe is above all?

You comparing getting ass and snitching to playing ? during games. One actually impacts your play negatively the others don't...in fact kobe averaged 50pts shortly afterward. The fact that you randomly mentioned those things in response to impaired play means you responded emotionally to fscts. Further proven when you went on to inquire and assume who I like or don't like when I purely spoke on facts not opinion.

You are not informed on this subject and what you perceived as jordan insults have you responding irrationally and emotionally. You saying a bunch of names of icons and assuming their work ethic matches their natural talent which are rarely equal. Do some research and you can have an informed opinion and you won't have to ask me how I know what I know.

Jordan got dropped from a team...didn't develop a consistent jumper until multiple years in the league didn't work out seriously till he got tired of the Pistons whooping his ass multiple years in the league, etc all that's work ethic related. Kobe in high school had no technical holes in his skillset. That's pure work ethic. Don't quote me further not interested in jordan stan tears my brother.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

they are people who respect there craft an wont be caught slipping in their profession.

I wouldn't put him above Mike tho...maybe the same as Floyd, jordan,Jerry rice an the likes.

The fact that you said Jordan..the same ? who played in the playoffs ? among many other things kobe would never do means you don't know if what you're talking about and should shut up. Floyd himself while much higher than Jordans work ethic would tell you it's not kobe level. FLoyd actually has a life outside boxing.

you taking this somewhere else... an it's clear you don't know what you're talking about.

do you think you really know what Kobe does outside of ball? how you figure Floyd has a life outside the ring? you only speaking from media reporting an what they allow you to see.

they are all perfectionists. sometimes life gets to people an they have a weak moment or a few of them....that doesn't take away from your work ethic.

I understand you might like Kobe, not like Jordan or whatever..but nah. ? even Prince was a damn perfectionist.

You comparing getting ass and snitching to playing ? during games. One actually impacts your play negatively the others don't...in fact kobe averaged 50pts shortly afterward. The fact that you randomly mentioned those things in response to impaired play means you responded emotionally to fscts. Further proven when you went on to inquire and assume who I like or don't like when I purely spoke on facts not opinion.

You are not informed on this subject and what you perceived as jordan insults have you responding irrationally and emotionally. You saying a bunch of names of icons and assuming their work ethic matches their natural talent which are rarely equal. Do some research and you can have an informed opinion and you won't have to ask me how I know what I know.

Jordan got dropped from a team...didn't develop a consistent jumper until multiple years in the league didn't work out seriously till he got tired of the Pistons whooping his ass multiple years in the league, etc all that's work ethic related. Kobe in high school had no technical holes in his skillset. That's pure work ethic. Don't quote me further not interested in jordan stan tears my brother.

calm down sugar ? . you aint gonna do ? if i do..so relax.

you bringing up him "? " doesnt prove any point....just like ? and snitching doesnt. an thats why i said it.
    you using what 1 game to take away from someones work ethic and professionalism over a huge span of time.

jordan put in the work to get his shot right.... he wasnt born into the nba lifestyle like kobe was.

kobe was raised around basketball professionals... your game would be alot different if you had the pros critiquing your game since you was a youngin.

an if you could comprehend....with out YOUR emotions...you would see i said i respect both of their work ethic and i put them on the same level...

i said i wouldnt place kobe above mike...thats jackson not jordan.

• ReppinTime
    ReppinTime Members Posts: 4,760 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options

you bringing up him "? " doesnt prove any point....just like ? and snitching doesnt. an thats why i said it.
    you using what 1 game to take away from someones work ethic and professionalism over a huge span of time.

jordan put in the work to get his shot right.... he wasnt born into the nba lifestyle like kobe was.

kobe was raised around basketball professionals... your game would be alot different if you had the pros critiquing your game since you was a youngin.

an if you could comprehend....with out YOUR emotions...you would see i said i respect both of their work ethic and i put them on the same level...

Please don't tough talk me on the Internet unless you want to come here and meet up brother. I understand that you may not appreciate my jordan comments but that's not my fault. Circumstances don't change facts so the WHY of it is not relevant. The fact is i. Their careers kobe put more work in off the court than jordan even stated by teammates of both even phil if i remember correctly. while jordan was more naturally gifted.
    ? and snitching has no negative effect on dribbling and shooting..being ? does. .if you can't get this concept again not my problem. More than one game and it's been suggested jordan often ? right after games in the locker room...if you're comparing goat work ethic that's the type of thing that separates individuals. All that aside the fact that jordan ain't lift weights till he was already a vet and didn't develop a jumper till even later and never got a consistent 3ball deads the argument.

Yes Micheal and kobe is very debatable. Kobe was 8 dropping 60 on teens and Micheal was shaping the sound of music before his ? dropped

• 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Please don't tough talk me on the Internet unless you want to come here and meet up brother. I understand that you may not appreciate my jordan comments but that's not my fault. Circumstances don't change facts so the WHY of it is not relevant. The fact is i. Their careers kobe put more work in off the court than jordan even stated by teammates of both even phil if i remember correctly. while jordan was more naturally gifted.
    ? and snitching has no negative effect on dribbling and shooting..being ? does. .if you can't get this concept again not my problem. More than one game and it's been suggested jordan often ? right after games in the locker room...if you're comparing goat work ethic that's the type of thing that separates individuals. All that aside the fact that jordan ain't lift weights till he was already a vet and didn't develop a jumper till even later and never got a consistent 3ball deads the argument.

Yes Micheal and kobe is very debatable. Kobe was 8 dropping 60 on teens and Micheal was shaping the sound of music before his ? dropped

you said all that just to basically agree with me.

I said that same exact thing in different words
  • kid_khameleon
    kid_khameleon Members Posts: 337 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bambu wrote: »
    Yea.....

This ? full of ? .......

Ol' I got paid.....

How come you cant ass ? .....

Everybody he helped out like....

shaq-face.jpg

I'm not sure if your use of the Shaq face is intentionally ironic here