The Official DC Cinematic Universe thread - Now Showing - "The Justice League"

Options

Comments

• Jonah 2.0
    Jonah 2.0 Members Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Good movie. Me and the kids enjoyed it. Definitely would watch a sequel. Deadshot and Harley were standouts. I like Leto's Joker.
  • KnowReasonForPeace
    KnowReasonForPeace Members Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A$AP_A$TON wrote: »
    I enjoyed the movie a lot. Will really did his thing, Viola was a goon, they did more with Diablo then I thought they would, which was a pleasant surprise. They kinda over simplified Killer Crocs back story.

Margot Robbie is so fine.

Shout out to my dude Ike Barinholtz, brought some more comedy to the table.

Sequel should be good.

Mad TV Ike? Who he play?
  • willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Saw this and thought the plot could have been a little bit better. The non-stop action throughout the movie was great. The jokes were corny as hell though. I liked Will Smith as Deadshot and Margo Robbie as Harley Quinn. I'm wasn't crazy about Leto's version of The Joker but I figure he will get better with it over time. Amanda Waller was on point. Could have used a little more Batman.

I don't think this was a bad movie as hard as critics are going after it but I thought it was missing a little something. I'll say a 6.5 out of 10. I know DC is only 3 films into the DCCU but they still have time to make improvements.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It was dope seeing Diablo transform into the demon that posessed him. I think they did kind of drop the ball with him though. He was all against fighting and hated everyone, then out of nowhere is calling them family and you wouldn't know he was posessed like the enchantress unless you've read the comics.

Leto says a lot of joker was cut out, I'm hoping they will release an ultimate edition. Rumors are saying joker scenes were cut to ensure the rating could be PG 13.

I was a little disappointed with killer Croc too. Every line he had was kind of dumb and sounded funny with his voice. Fight wise he was cool tho
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A$AP_A$TON wrote: »
    I enjoyed the movie a lot. Will really did his thing, Viola was a goon, they did more with Diablo then I thought they would, which was a pleasant surprise. They kinda over simplified Killer Crocs back story.

Margot Robbie is so fine.

Shout out to my dude Ike Barinholtz, brought some more comedy to the table.

Sequel should be good.

Mad TV Ike? Who he play?

He played the head prison guard.
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    #1hiphopjunki3 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I feel it was an okay movie and I kind of liked Batman vs Superman more.

Margot Robbie and Viola Davis nailed their parts and Jared Leto was solid also. Will Smith played Will smith but it didn't take anything away from the movie.

I actually had higher hopes for this over BvS so maybe that is why I'm a tad bit disappointed in the movie. I still give it a 6.5 out of 10 though. I felt that the dynamic between Harley and Joker was way different than what I'm used to reading and seeing. I also felt that this was a Will Smith movie more than focusing on the overall dynamic of the group
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
  • eyes low
    eyes low Members Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i enjoyed the movie dont really understand the bad reviews. it was a solid 6-7 had some flaws def enjoyed it more than xmen apocalypse
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? hate how did this but loved Civil War even though they left out everything.
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DWO wrote: »
    the biggest laugh fun me was when flag broke the trigger and said they're all free to go, and boomerang instantly took off....

Almost choked on my popcorn

Dude bolted with the swiftness lol
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    also when Harley pretended to die when she heard deadshot gun go off... My wife actually gasped she went limp..... But when she started dancing again everybody was dying....

Man i really wish they would have left that cut in where joker pushed her out the helicopter to ? her...... That scene could have made both their stories so much better..... And everything else could have went exactly the same and it would have made it more powerful......

Her crying the rain, deciding that the squad was her only family now, dreaming of her and joker being a normal family under enchantress spell and ultimately joker breaking her out with a kiss is all way more meaningful if he was trying to ? her when pushed her out....

It sucks that the director/writer knew that .... Actually shot it....
    .and was forced to change it
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ouch at that Metacritic. Please let WW get DC on traxk finally.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Huey_C wrote: »
    If they didn't want to show a true representation of the Joker and Harley's relationship then why even do it at all. They turned him into some caring loving simp! Wtf lmao. ? ?
    The only character I cared about in this movie and they blew it. Not surprised though. Well check it when it comes to Redbox.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    I've been told...

If you have kodi...

An HD version is hiding somewhere in the cam links
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol @ slipknot though. The soundscore for Joker was ? amazing. I can't even explain it but I gotta buy or download the soundscore for this movie.
  • Dupac
    Options
    ? had the best laugh...

His body language in the scene with common was so creepy it was crazy.... I really felt sorry for that ? ...
  • Dupac
    Options
    Joker once realized that he really loved Harley so he strapped her to a rocket and shot her into space.....

Love is a weakness
  • KnowReasonForPeace
    Options
    I've been told...

If you have kodi...

An HD version is hiding somewhere in the cam links

Watching it now and so far I don't like the joker.
  • KnowReasonForPeace
    Options
    Rick Flagg is a all around ? whipped ?
  • KnowReasonForPeace
    Options
    There has to be a better cut of this movie.
  • L3NU
    L3NU Members Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Saw it, I liked it. Overall I thought it was a fun summer movie, no huge complaints.

Waaaay better than BvS