The OTTB Wrestling News thread

Options

Comments

• RawAce
    RawAce Members Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ghost! wrote: »
    you guys who talk about draws..you do realize if they promote their talent as draws..they will be? This is a billion dollar business that could make ? look like sugar. If they were to properly promote some of their other matches well. They would be that "draw" people are talking about.

you guys are fans and aint going no where whether Shelton B had the title, or Johnny "nobody" had the strap. The same with their "wwe universe".

Loll, I stay telling folks that . They complain and watch no matter what . It's the McMahon machine . U will eat what they force feed u. So sit back , suspend disbelief and be a mark like a good wrasslin fan lol
  • ghost!
    ghost! Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options
    KillaCham wrote: »
    you guys who talk about draws..you do realize if they promote their talent as draws..they will be? This is a billion dollar business that could make ? look like sugar. If they were to properly promote some of their other matches well. They would be that "draw" people are talking about.

you guys are fans and aint going no where whether Shelton B had the title, or Johnny "nobody" had the strap. The same with their "wwe universe".
    Tell that to Diesel, Miz, and Roman Reigns

Goes back to promoting right. If they left Reigns as the "silent" whip you ass wrestler..the same way he was with the shield it would of been str8 with his first time reign has champ. But they were trying to turn him into Cena and Hogan part 3 and that ish was never gonna fly.

and you talkin about company that gave Lex Lugar, some guy name "the patriot" and a fat Sgt. Slaughter the championship.

Reigns gonna be champ again and fans are gonna like it, watch...*in my smokey I got mind control over deebo voice*

• dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    so which will be the real title the Smackdown one that has history or the new one?
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    just read that the universal title design was leaked, apparently it's the wwe title, just branded universal, and it has a red background to represent raw..

Smackdown title will be w a blue background to represent them
  • VIBE
    Options
    Show still losing weight

48adady8z1l1.jpeg
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shelton Benjamin is not a main Eventer, I know black lives matter but come on, cut it
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rememba when sheltons mama came to tha wwe?

Lol can't believe they had Thea play his mom too.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    RawAce wrote: »

Loll, I stay telling folks that . They complain and watch no matter what . It's the McMahon machine . U will eat what they force feed u. So sit back , suspend disbelief and be a mark like a good wrasslin fan lol

This goes for complaining about Shelton not being a main Eventer too, I go with what solomonster said, yes u may complain n hate when your team(or wwe) sucks, but u not just gon quit on the team. Doesn't mean you have to like everything they do.

I get what bruh saying, some guys need a legit chance as draws, but me personally I ain't even see it 10 years ago, I definitely don't see it at age 41 for Shelton
  • ghost!
    Options
    Shelton Benjamin is not a main Eventer, I know black lives matter but come on, cut it

Smh..

He couldnt wrestle dean ambrose on a pay per view?

U tellin me it wouldnt be a good match? U tellin me u would cancel your subscription if it happened?

Why couldn't he? Has nothing to do w color..
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    Oh it'd b a fine match, prolly great

I'm not about to b upset at Shelton not getting a push in 2016 is all I'm saying, they put thea with dude for a reason, maybe he like Kofi and has a side to him that would b revealed if he changed character, but kofi still in wrestling prime years, Shelton not, ic title picture is just right for him
  • VIBE
    Options
  • ghost!
    Options
    Oh it'd b a fine match, prolly great

I'm not about to b upset at Shelton not getting a push in 2016 is all I'm saying, they put thea with dude for a reason, maybe he like Kofi and has a side to him that would b revealed if he changed character, but kofi still in wrestling prime years, Shelton not, ic title picture is just right for him

I still wouldn't see a problem him in the pic for a short period of time, but i can respect what you saying.
  • RawAce
    RawAce Members Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ghost is speaking wrasslin logic .
    There is no reason a capable performer can't be in the title picture . The company just has to book him as someone that deserves it

WWE logic on the other hand .. says differently ... But WWE logic is broken . They have continuity when they want , they break kayfabe when they want

for Shelton to come back and win the strap outright would be bizarre but that's not even what we're asking . How hard is it to book Shelton in 2-3 titles matches showing off his athletic c ability, putting over guys he's never faced ?

Not hard at all. That's exactly what they jus did with a 40 year old AJ Styles
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »
    Show still losing weight

48adady8z1l1.jpeg

Hes old. Naturally you gonn lose mass and ? unless you're on TRT
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    just read that the universal title design was leaked, apparently it's the wwe title, just branded universal, and it has a red background to represent raw..

if true i called it when it was first spoken about
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I saw the pic. I was too disappointed to put it in here
  • VIBE
    Options
    is it that gold one I posted a week ago or whatever
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    is it that gold one I posted a week ago or whatever

It looks just like the women's title, only blue
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol you thought Shelton Benjamin was gonna be thrown in the main event picture?

I wish
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    There's a difference between aj styles and Shelton and I don't mean race, but u know what a title match here or there could be inneresting
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    Shelton vs crews or miz or with American alpha is just as intriguing to me tho
  • ghost!
    Options
    There's a difference between aj styles and Shelton and I don't mean race, but u know what a title match here or there could be inneresting

Wht the difference?

AJ does have a bigger fan base, has been wrestling longer but they both can wrestler their ? off and both not good on the mic.

Roughly the same size..
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    Aj has far more potential as a top guy imo, seeing as he's been that for most of his career, I also think Aj is the better wrestler but of course in wwe that doesn't matter as much. Not trying to hate on Shelton tho I just don't see it at this time