IC Stop Making Excuses and Let's Get Healthy Thread

Options

Comments

• (ob)Scene
    (ob)Scene Members Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How much kalories are you eating each d@y?

Trying to hit between 2600-3000.

Currently bulking.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    At the gym. I remember I use to hate cardio. Now, it's a breeze.
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options
    At the gym. I remember I use to hate cardio. Now, it's a breeze.

I'm training my mental to love it but I gotta admit doing those 1 mile in 7 minutes treadmill runs; I don't look forward to it but its gotta be done
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • MARIO_DRO
    MARIO_DRO Members Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    WHAT DO YALL WASH YALL GYM CLOTHES WITH TO GET THAT SWEAT SMELL OUT? CAUSE REGULAR WASHING POWDER DONT WORK...

IVE TRIED VINEGAR, BUT THAT ? AINT REALLY WORK EITHER...
  • LPast
    LPast Members Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MARIO_DRO wrote: »
    WHAT DO YALL WASH YALL GYM CLOTHES WITH TO GET THAT SWEAT SMELL OUT? CAUSE REGULAR WASHING POWDER DONT WORK...

IVE TRIED VINEGAR, BUT THAT ? AINT REALLY WORK EITHER...

Use the hot water setting.
  • indyman87
    indyman87 Members Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    After years of lifting weights off and on trying to bulk up I just found out that you have to know your 1RM, one rep maximum, first and then work from there. I guest it pays to hire a trainer or talk to someone who knows what they're doing.

http://www.brianmac.co.uk/articles/scni23a8.htm

When seeking to develop strength, power or explosiveness for your event having knowledge of your 1RM is essential in order to develop the appropriate component in a structured manner i.e.

Working at 70 to 75% of your 1RM means you are working on muscle hypertrophy - thickening of the muscle

http://athletics.wikia.com/wiki/Types_of_Muscle_Fiber
    Muscle fiber types can be broken down into two main types: slow twitch (Type I) muscle fibers and fast twitch (Type II) muscle fibers.[1] Type II fibers can subsequently be broken down into two types: type IIA, which is referred to as "fast twitch oxidative glycolytic", and type IIX, which is referred to as "fast twitch glycolytic". Slow twitch fibers are referred to as "slow twitch oxidative". Type I fibers are characterized by low force/power/speed production and high endurance, Type IIX fibers are characterized by high force/power/speed production and low endurance, while Type IIA fall in between the two.[

• waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I see alot of ? about fitness gyms, well it's a fitness gym......Shout out to the real gyms that's left
  • waterproof
    Options
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Today

150 kb swings in 20 mns

100 220lbs cable pulls

100 200lbs squats
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    Options
    Ive found a bio food store. Im currently trying tofu, soy milk and other foods. Its very affordable and extremly poor in sugar if the package tells the truth.

Ill go for it for a month and see how it goes.
  • J-GUTTA
    J-GUTTA Members Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options
    waterproof wrote: »
    I see alot of ? about fitness gyms, well it's a fitness gym......Shout out to the real gyms that's left

That's what I love about my gym. Metal plates it's know on the Yelp review as a prison yard weight room.

1 yelp review said some ? like "Elston location only place soccer moms can be doing yoga next to a room full of Latin Kings" LOL
  • waterproof
    Options
    Ive found a bio food store. Im currently trying tofu, soy milk and other foods. Its very affordable and extremly poor in sugar if the package tells the truth.

How your body like soy, are you worried about the estrogen
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • waterproof
    Options
    J-GUTTA wrote: »

That's what I love about my gym. Metal plates it's know on the Yelp review as a prison yard weight room.

1 yelp review said some ? like "Elston location only place soccer moms can be doing yoga next to a room full of Latin Kings" LOL

That's what ? Gyms about, in the concentration and atmosphere of Heavy Iron, lifters that's there to bang weights which motivates you....The Golds I go to have lots of Power Lifters, Strong Man Competitors, Body Builders and still have old equipment
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why dont yall make you cardio fun instead of an act labor?

Cardio does not need to be the classic monotonous ? .

Feel free to mix it up.

Unless you are training for a marathon or are cutting fat then i see no reason to constantly run.

In fact... I beleive a quick 3 minutes on the rope before lifting us a great way to jump start the heart rate.

Point is make the ? fun.

I only go hard on the treadmill like that because I am a fan of speed. I'm trying to build my endurance up, so I gain my impeccable energy again plus I do it to get back into basketball running the floor shape
  • BeardedFreak
    BeardedFreak Members Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I run 6 miles every morning.

• AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Went ahead and worked out in the hotel in staying in. Tried to get some coworkers to come with me. They ain't bout that life.

Went dolo and had a nice session. Gon get it in tomorrow too
  • jniam
    jniam Members Posts: 623 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Been maintaining for the past couple weeks.

Not bad but now im reassessing my routine and habits.

School in back in a month. Looking to shed off at least 5lbs. Then look to drop an additional 25lbs by Dec 31st. Let's get it.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • The_Jackal
    The_Jackal Members Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I've been hovering around 225. I think I maybe cut to 220.
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    Options

Estrogen in soy.... ill do some researches
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    Options

Estrogen in soy.... ill do some researches

Its not precisely estrogen in soy , but PHYTOESTROGEN. Reseaches have found no evidence of feminization in healthy men.

But lets go for a month. Nobody knows between the readmeat advocates and the vegan warriors.

• LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    Options
    Today did 100 44lbs kb strict presses

And 80 snatches