Murda Musik >>> Blueprint

Options

Comments

• za'kiss
    za'kiss Members Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I think The Infamous, Hell On Earth, and Murda Musik are all better than The Blueprint.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    We don't believe u you need more people
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I cant believe im sayin this but yeah youre right. Murda Muzik ? on Blueprint
  • DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I've spent alot of time ? on Jigga warriors on this site and I promise you, I love me some Murda Musik....but even I gotta say pump the breaks here! Blueprint is better than Murda Musik and I think it's his best cohesive album.(yeah, better than reasonable doubt, don't agree, then ? yo feelings)

Now if you wanna say Infamous is better than Reasonable dought I can roll wit that but Mobb don't got an album better than Blueprint and again, I'm far from a Jay Z fan saying this.
  • x the unknown
    x the unknown Members Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    Mr 202 wrote: »
    Mobb deep ain't been the same since the blueprint..

Jay-Z murdered them on Takeover.

he aint murder havoc just prodigy
  • Nah Son
    Nah Son Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Logic Last wrote: »
    Quite Storm >>> U You Don't Know
    Streets Raised Me >>> Heart of The City
    Spread Love>>> Hola Hovto
    The Realist>>>> Renegade
    Where ya heart out >>>> Jigga that Nikka
    I'm Going Out>>>>> Izzo
    Let a ? be a ? >>> Song Cry Spread Love>>>> Takeover
    What's ya poison >>>>>> All I Need

LMAO @ the name change
  • Logic Last
    Logic Last Members Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DR. JEK wrote: »
    I've spent alot of time ? on Jigga warriors on this site and I promise you, I love me some Murda Musik....but even I gotta say pump the breaks here! Blueprint is better than Murda Musik and I think it's his best cohesive album.(yeah, better than reasonable doubt, don't agree, then ? yo feelings)

Now if you wanna say Infamous is better than Reasonable dought I can roll wit that but Mobb don't got an album better than Blueprint and again, I'm far from a Jay Z fan saying this.

Just my honest opinion
  • bigrizz
    bigrizz Members Posts: 4,369 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I tend to agree. Two different types of albums though...
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I would take it over Blueprint, not like he's saying Infamy is better which came out in the same time frame, Murda Musik is a classic
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    wasn't his name logic first at one point, who changed his username? LMAO

Yup. Then he had a nervous breakdown

http://community.allhiphop.com/discussion/547097/this-board-is-garbage-not-enough-topics-not-enough-people-lower-iqs-in-general-1st-amendment-vi/p1

Then his lying ass try to say he was locked up, but his mom's just forgot to pay the internet bill.

http://community.allhiphop.com/discussion/548569/ii-did-2-months-in-wayside-and-la-mens-central-ask-me-anything/p1
  • natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why did you choose to compare Murda Musik to the album that basically ended their rap career? SMH..
    I loved that Mobb Deep album...however blueprint wasn't only better production n lyrical wise...but track 2 handed them their worst L since prodigy's sickle cell diagnosis
  • za'kiss
    Options
    Nas' verse on "It's Mine" > any Jay-Z verse on the Blueprint

IMHO.
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    za'kiss wrote: »

IMHO.

Hav killed it too, one of the few times he outshined P
  • za'kiss
    edited August 2016
    Options

IMHO.

Yeah Hav bodied that track.

I might be pushing it a bit to say Nas' verse is better than any of Jay's, but I always find myself revisiting Murda Musik way more than the Blueprint. The Blueprint is almost too clean. It feels so polished and well-tailored. All of the verses are technically impressive and the production is tasteful and cohesive, but I always find myself wanting to revisit the dark world and rugged soundscapes of Murda Musik more than Jay's heavily refined soul music.

Is it apples and oranges as others have suggested? Maybe to some extent. You can't say The Blueprint fails in any way by its own standards like you can some other ablums. It's the perfect realization of a particular sort of vision. That's why I understand why it's regarded it as a classic. It's Michael Jordan rap. But still. The essence of hip-hop is the gutter damn it. And that's Murda Musik.
  • Logic Last
    Options

IMHO.

I might be pushing it a bit to say Nas' verse is better than any of Jay's, but I always find myself revisiting Murda Musik way more than the Blueprint. The Blueprint is almost too clean. It feels so polished and well-tailored. All of the verses are technically impressive and the production is tasteful and cohesive, but I always find myself wanting to revisit the dark world and rugged soundscapes of Murda Musik more than Jay's heavily refined soul music.

Is it apples and oranges as others have suggested? Maybe to some extent. You can't say The Blueprint fails in any way by its own standards like you can some other ablums. It's the perfect realization of a particular sort of vision. That's why I understand why it's regarded it as a classic. It's Michael Jordan rap. But still. The essence of hip-hop is the gutter damn it. And that's Murda Musik.

Exactly. Blueprint is dope but it's pandering to the west coast, women etc. Murda Music is only for the grimmey
  • Logic Last
    Options
    Why did you choose to compare Murda Musik to the album that basically ended their rap career? SMH..
    I loved that Mobb Deep album...however blueprint wasn't only better production n lyrical wise...but track 2 handed them their worst L since prodigy's sickle cell diagnosis

I agree that there was no Takeover equivalent on MM. But Hola Hovito, and Izzo don't stand up to MM years later for replay value.
  • Logic Last
    Options

Well, which one do you listen to more often these days of today? Heart of the City and U Don't Know are ? tough records. It's hard getting around those two
  • YamoleySensei
    YamoleySensei Members Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options
    The production on Blueprint heavily out shadows Jay's lyrics. The only thing people bring up when discussing BP is Takeover, oh , and when Klansman Mathers bodied him on his own ? . BP is dope but there's no joints on there that can ? with "the Realest" on Murda Muzik. Btw "Infamous" bodies his whole catalogue.
  • macadonwoo
    macadonwoo Members Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    illedout wrote: »
    I ? with Murda Muzik more than I ? with Blue Print but as I grew older I appreciate Blue Print more.. However, they are both classic albums..

This

• NuffRespect
    NuffRespect Members Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Murda Muzik all the way "? Jay Z" either sample
  • Logic Last
    Options
    The production on Blueprint heavily out shadows Jay's lyrics. The only thing people bring up when discussing BP is Takeover, oh , and when Klansman Mathers bodied him on his own ? . BP is dope but there's no joints on there that can ? with "the Realest" on Murda Muzik. Btw "Infamous" bodies his whole catalogue.

Five Star Post
  • juelz21
    juelz21 Members Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭
    Options

IMHO.

yup and prodigy is a better lyricist also while we at it imo.
  • Trillaaaaaa
    Trillaaaaaa Members Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Never knew there were so many ? smokers on the ic
  • DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Logic Last wrote: »

Well, which one do you listen to more often these days of today? Heart of the City and U Don't Know are ? tough records. It's hard getting around those two

I bump both but my favorite joint on MM is "spread love" and I bump Jay's "u don't know" more
  • supergangster
    supergangster Members Posts: 8,872 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think The Infamous, Hell On Earth, and Murda Musik are all better than The Blueprint.