Post a pic of your ride....

Options

Comments

• Rampage12
    Rampage12 Members Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    An automatic sports car just isn't right.
  • Thereal_ba
    Thereal_ba Members Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rampage12 wrote: »

I understand what you mean but I guarantee you that you would recant your statement if you have driven a pdk Porsche
  • wilberdmillz
    wilberdmillz Members Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thereal_ba wrote: »

I understand what you mean but I guarantee you that you would recant your statement if you have driven a pdk Porsche

The modern day automatics are superior to the manual in every way.
    The only argument people have it the "fun factor" and thats a matter of opinion. Personally I have more fun winning so while you(in general) having fun shifting I'm having fun winning. That loss go hurt.

If I had a car I only drove a few times a month for leisure, I'd consider a manual for something like that. For daily use though, auto all the way.
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The only argument people have it the "fun factor" and thats a matter of opinion. Personally I have more fun winning so while you(in general) having fun shifting I'm having fun winning. That loss go hurt.

If I had a car I only drove a few times a month for leisure, I'd consider a manual for something like that. For daily use though, auto all the way.

I been saying that but no one wants to listen
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    _Menace_ wrote: »

I been saying that but no one wants to listen

I got a friend who had his share of civics, sentras, and acuras that were all stick. He started to have issues with his shoulder and finally gave in and bought a automatic Acura. He doesn't really miss driving stick
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Will be getting my first stick shift car soon and its hilarious reading this exchange. Automatics were built for the ? , handicapped, and women. What races are automatics beating manuals that are geared to performance? Stop and go at red lights? Having better control over the car and actually exhibiting driving skill>>>> boringly putting your foot on the pedal and waiting.

Also enjoy when your automatic takes a ? . Hope that $$$ to fix your superior option was worth it.
  • _Menace_
    Options
    Will be getting my first stick shift car soon and its hilarious reading this exchange. Automatics were built for the ? , handicapped, and women. What races are automatics beating manuals that are geared to performance? Stop and go at red lights? Having better control over the car and actually exhibiting driving skill>>>> boringly putting your foot on the pedal and waiting.

Also enjoy when your automatic takes a ? . Hope that $$$ to fix your superior option was worth it.

that's why people lease sports cars and luxury cars. All that ? is covered under warranty
  • _Menace_
    Options
    The Maro has been at the dealership for 3 weeks getting the new emblems and powder coated wheels.

So I been messing with the Charger a lot lately.

14040205_10155152034737468_4263166152447320873_n.jpg?oh=0e5d39fa7649a742aa5bcbf3512c36a1&oe=584A745D

13962593_10155152034762468_6086999103113998934_n.jpg?oh=dc36581198e1c1338b31cfa6cf13557c&oe=5846FDFF
  • Rampage12
    Options
    Everybody talking about "racing" with automatics just makes me laugh. Anybody with a legit car and knows what he's doing with a stick would roast all these ? that just stomp on the gas. An automatic sports car is the equivalent of having training wheels on a bicycle...you sorta know how to ride it but not really.
  • Rampage12
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Also my boy's '81 Z28 manual would dust that new Camaro of yours, but hey at least you still have those cool looking emblems and powder coated wheels.
  • _Menace_
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Also my boy's '81 Z28 manual would dust that new Camaro of yours, but hey at least you still have those cool looking emblems and powder coated wheels.

You sound sick af that 81 z28 4spd is pushing less than 165 HP and weights almost 4000lbs

My car stock is at 455hp and weights at 3700lbs and goes 0-6 in 4seconds.

Stop playing with me Smokey...

A CAI and tune adds 12hp to the wheels and it's been proven by many Dyno Sheets.

Have your boy come race me... I'll race him in the Charger too just to show you his z28 would get dragged.

My Charger goes 0-6 in 4.4 seconds.
  • LateToDaParty
    LateToDaParty Members Posts: 590 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm looking for a 78 Monte Carlo project car but I can find one for the life of me
  • MallyG
    MallyG Members Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm looking for a 78 Monte Carlo project car but I can find one for the life of me

If you're willing to travel it shouldn't be to tough of a task.
  • Rampage12
    Options
    _Menace_ wrote: »

You sound sick af that 81 z28 4spd is pushing less than 165 HP and weights almost 4000lbs

My car stock is at 455hp and weights at 3700lbs and goes 0-6 in 4seconds.

Stop playing with me Smokey...

A CAI and tune adds 12hp to the wheels and it's been proven by many Dyno Sheets.

Have your boy come race me... I'll race him in the Charger too just to show you his z28 would get dragged.

My Charger goes 0-6 in 4.4 seconds.

LOL are you even allowed to race your "leased" car.
  • water ur seeds
    water ur seeds Members Posts: 17,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Let me add some Euro flavour to the thread haha

I bought this 2014 Mercedes C63 Coupe a couple weeks ago, nearly 500bhp and hits 0-60 in about 4.4... The noise itself is enough to make me smile every time I drive it haha

My bad with wack pics though, I was at a friends house and they just as schitt at photography as me with a phone!!! Plus it was mad sunny... I want to put some HRE wheels on it at somepoint, when I do I'll put some better pics up...

Interior... Its abit tight in there so hard to get decent pics without photography skills!!!

• Cinco
    Cinco Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 5,097 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @water ur seeds that thing is a killa
    White leather is nice, sport seats
  • water ur seeds
    Options
    Cinco wrote: »

Thanks breada, yeah man the seats are mad comfortable too even though they are bucket seats...

I was originally looking for an M3 'Limited 500 edition', but was kinda keeping an eye on C63's too, but the MPG kinda put me off, then a friend of mine who works at a Mercedes dealer told me his boss, who is the director of the dealership was selling his car, which was spec'd up to the max with mad low millage, so I was like 'hell yeah' *dre voice*, man Im glad I choose it over the M3 now haha
  • I Self Lord & Master
    I Self Lord & Master Members Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options
    pulled up to the nottinghamshire barn in a benz

that ? nasty
  • EmM HoLLa.
    EmM HoLLa. Members Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options
    My brother picked up an S63 AMG few weeks back.. MEAN! ? seat bolsters move to keep you in place when you bending a corner..
  • EmM HoLLa.
    Options

Thanks breada, yeah man the seats are mad comfortable too even though they are bucket seats...

I was originally looking for an M3 'Limited 500 edition', but was kinda keeping an eye on C63's too, but the MPG kinda put me off, then a friend of mine who works at a Mercedes dealer told me his boss, who is the director of the dealership was selling his car, which was spec'd up to the max with mad low millage, so I was like 'hell yeah' *dre voice*, man Im glad I choose it over the M3 now haha

Can't go wrong with those AMG's man.. For about a decade BMW was running things.. But Benz came and took their spot back..
  • water ur seeds
    edited August 2016
    Options
    EmM HoLLa. wrote: »
    Ya'll know what I'm riding in already.. My brother picked this joint up a few weeks back.. MEAN!
    file_zpsg95nur4o.jpeg
    file1_zpsafkdajqv.jpeg
    file2_zpsah3jqxed.jpeg

Yo fam you had to 1 up me already??? haha dope ride though, although Im not completly sold on the new shape Benz yet, new shape BMW's and Benz's normally take a while to grow on me...
    I'll be looking to get this next.. Lord willing..

14032796_766410070129127_1779105582_n_zpsftyp59sv.jpg

Im a massive Porsche fan!!! I would rather have a Porsche over any Ferrari or Lambo, IMO they seem more classy and kept their traditional curves... My dream car is the new Targa or C4S or Turbo haha... The Panamera its dope...

Can't go wrong with those AMG's man.. For about a decade BMW was running things.. But Benz came and took their spot back..

Ive always liked both TBH, the C32, C43, C36 etc but the M3 has always been iconic and their N/A engine has that special noise... But with BMWs going down the turbo route I feel they are losing their heritage...
  • EmM HoLLa.
    Options
    Ya'll know what I'm riding in already.. My brother picked this joint up a few weeks back.. MEAN!
    file_zpsg95nur4o.jpeg
    file1_zpsafkdajqv.jpeg
    file2_zpsah3jqxed.jpeg

Yo fam you had to 1 up me already??? haha dope ride though, although Im not completly sold on the new shape Benz yet, new shape BMW's and Benz's normally take a while to grow on me...
    I'll be looking to get this next.. Lord willing..

14032796_766410070129127_1779105582_n_zpsftyp59sv.jpg

Im a massive Porsche fan!!! I would rather have a Porsche over any Ferrari or Lambo, IMO they seem more classy and kept their traditional curves... My dream car is the new Targa or C4S or Turbo haha... The Panamera its dope...

Ive always liked both TBH, the C32, C43, C36 etc but the M3 has always been iconic and their N/A engine has that special noise... But with BMWs going down the turbo route I feel they are losing their heritage...

Nah bro.. My brother got that joint.. lol. He 1 up'd me.. Im waiting on the new Panamera to touch the states.. And hope the dealer doesn't try to ? me.. smh.. If not it will take about a year and a half.. Cuz I know when they first drop they won't be trying to discount them...
  • Cinco
    Cinco Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 5,097 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not f'n wit y'all today trying to mess up my lil stash

ed-nortan-laptop.gif
  • EmM HoLLa.
    Options
    Not f'n wit y'all today trying to mess up my lil stash

ed-nortan-laptop.gif

Bro.. I been saying that same thing.. I got my head down man.. 2017 I'm gonna act dumb..