Joe Budden Admits Dissing Drake Is Pointless + Exclusive Podcast (Unreleased))

Options
DOPEdweebz
DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
edited August 2016 in The Reason
The Podcast Joe Budden Didnt Want You To See (about One Hour Ten Minutes Long)

https://youtu.be/iE3ZdwZ7Mpo
by Max Weinstein August 18, 2016 12:03 AM
Share Article on Facebook
Share Article on Twitter
Aa

Subscribe to XXL on Youtube
Last night (Aug. 16), Drake brought out Eminem at the Detroit stop of the Summer Sixteen tour. It happened soon after Ebro of Hot 97 floated out a joke about how Eminem might have a diss for Drake in the stash. Stirring the ? , however, Em posted a picture with Drake and captioned it, “Views from The Joe.” Even though it was probably a reference to the venue Drake was performing at, the Joe Louis Arena, the internet ran with the alternate meaning.

Now, in a podcast originally recorded on Periscope and later deleted, Joe Budden talks about Eminem and OVO stans, breaks down how Drake reacts to the people and not specific jabs, and admits that dissing the Toronto rapper is “pointless.”

“He’s very insecure,” Budden says of Drake as he talks about how Six ? responds to insults. “If’ I’m Drake, I’ve built my entire empire off said insecurity. So why would I want to get rid of it? I wouldn’t. That’s exactly why I stopped dissing him. It was pointless.”

He starts talking about the whole situation around the 50 minute mark above, but he makes the specific remark about how dissing Drake is pointless around the 1:04:40 mark.

After Em came out at the Summer Sixteen tour and the internet erupted, Budden reacted on Twitter. “I keep trying to be irrelevant but y’all won’t let me lol,” he said. “I’m smoking ? w my girl, why do I have 300 mentions cuz 2 top tier artists performed together ? … I’m lost.”

Subscribe to XXL on Youtube

Read More: Joe Budden Admits Dissing Drake Is Pointless - XXL | http://www.xxlmag.com/news/2016/08/joe-budden-dissing-drake-pointless/?trackback=tsmclip

Comments

• Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? was wack to begin with
  • just.might.b.ok
    just.might.b.ok Members Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    People liked him better when they only knew him for bars rather than been an ? .
  • bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    either way drake lost
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Drake didnt dog ?
    The internet did
    The internet never loses

Drake sure did a lot more during that beef with meek than the 0 he's done with Budden.
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    ? coming in making up their own narrative now I see.
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Welp... it's back to irrelevance you go...
  •  i ro ny
    i ro ny Members Posts: 8,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

it wasnt exactly pointless..
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I still don't understand how Drake managed to skate past this unscathed and without criticism. Dude DOGGED Meek for basically a whole year, put him on that OVO screen and everything. But completely dodges a REAL emcee without a single ? given. Dude is a wizard

Yea ? is hypocritical. He's fake af.
  • sr_the_freshman
    sr_the_freshman Members Posts: 2,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options
    This is the entire podcast from last week, and they published the joint in full. (Episode 75)
    Why is XXL acting like this ? was a secret recording..?

Edit:
    Also, Joe was right.
    Drake's entire career has been built on being a sensitive, emotional, stereotypical lightskinned ? . Its going to take someone with equal star power and more integrity (IE no writers) to take him to task in the end. Joe doesnt have it.

Joe got the bars, but he doesn't have the juice.

Either that, or its going to take an implosion from the inside (IE Partynextdoor, Majid Jordan or another OVO sweatshop participant flipping). The landscape of the game would need to be shifted entirely.

XXL are some ? for trying to twist this ? around like the ? was trying to hide something.
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So who got next in the Annual Drake Hunger Games this upcoming 2017?
  • smp4life
    smp4life Members Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I still don't understand how Drake managed to skate past this unscathed and without criticism. Dude DOGGED Meek for basically a whole year, put him on that OVO screen and everything. But completely dodges a REAL emcee without a single ? given. Dude is a wizard

Because Drake is on Jay Z status and Buddens is on nobody status.
  • MazterChef
    MazterChef Members Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Joe budden literally spoke about drake 30 mins in his podcast
    every podcast before h was even dissing drake he was loving drake
    dude is obsessed
  • nawledge_god
    nawledge_god Members Posts: 5,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Buttons Be At Every OVO Concert Like

Yo Aubrey, I wrote you but you still ain't calling

maxresdefault.jpg

• KamPushMe
    KamPushMe Members Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn, drake really is untouchable. The internet will always have his back at all times. Ion think no can knock him off.
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lmao at Joe calling somebody insecure. This ? crazy.

This ? spent idk how many podcast tryna play therapist to Drake, actually diagnosing ? and saying he's insecure, suicidal and ? . He didn't like the album because the content has been the same. But ? your content has been the same too.

? , depression, former drug use, and how serious you take rap. I ? with his last album, still listening to it btw. But All Love Lost ain't groundbreaking as far as lyrical content.

Dude got his own label now, bout to drop a new album, podcast popping, he's reconnecting with his son. You got so much more ? to be preoccupied with.
  • just.might.b.ok
    just.might.b.ok Members Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cole and Kendrick write their own ? and both are known to be lyrical beasts tho. drake's the guy women like.
  • KnowReasonForPeace
    KnowReasonForPeace Members Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Sion wrote: »

He had a very strong case to go at Meek tho. He got called out for reference tapes and not writing his music. To have said nothing would have destroyed Drake.

Joe on the other hand was baseless and there was nothing to gain or salvage but everything for Joe to gain. There was no real issue except for a ? who just wanted to compete and show he was better - in Drake's world that don't make money. He's gone at many artists before, no one would wrong him for turning the nose at joe. Kendrick and Cole on the other hand, when Papoose and Jay-E came at them were quiet af. They've never been tested in battle but yet we expect more from Drake ? Don't sound right.

People expect drake to keep his word and go at whoever takes shots at him. That's not expecting much at all. Nobody excusing other artist for ducking, aubrey is just the focal point right now and this has nothing to do with making money.
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

He had a very strong case to go at Meek tho. He got called out for reference tapes and not writing his music. To have said nothing would have destroyed Drake.

Joe on the other hand was baseless and there was nothing to gain or salvage but everything for Joe to gain. There was no real issue except for a ? who just wanted to compete and show he was better - in Drake's world that don't make money. He's gone at many artists before, no one would wrong him for turning the nose at joe. Kendrick and Cole on the other hand, when Papoose and Jay-E came at them were quiet af. They've never been tested in battle but yet we expect more from Drake ? Don't sound right.

People expect drake to keep his word and go at whoever takes shots at him. That's not expecting much at all. Nobody excusing other artist for ducking, aubrey is just the focal point right now and this has nothing to do with making money.

Exactly.

Drake at the top of the game he doesn't have to respond to everyone or anyone he can choose because he made his bones. Kendrick and Cole haven't done that yet. They need to prove they have it in them and can.

That would be true if drake didn't throw shots first. Let's stop acting like Joe just decided to diss drake for no reason at all. If drake was so big to respond he wouldn't have wasted a bar on Joe, but he did
  • NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Haha "its pointless" even he admitted it. Funny sht. He took some sort of shot from who knows where I guess. The only place i saw this mentioned was on here and i read some of the threads but had no feelings about it other than it looking like an obvious ploy for attention.