Im from the east side too.
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I grew up right on Cadiuex.
  • LOLCL
    LOLCL Members Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    To the people from Detroit, when you visit other cities, what's different?
  • stackmaster 313
    stackmaster 313 Members Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dream cruise tomorrow turn up
  • Los216
    Los216 Members Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm from Cleveland born and raised but my mom was born and raised in Detroit. Her side of the family still lives there. If I didn't live in Cleveland I would be living in Detroit. Always had love for them cause that's family. In fact Cleveland and Detroit have always had a lot of ties to each other.

We are more alike my friends, than unalike
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    crazy how dark some of those streets are.
  • mrrealone
    mrrealone Members Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My lead at work got family all around there. He told me where, but I forgot. Tellin' me how some cars were on fire and them residents just let it burn out or his crazy family in the city doing all that car jacking lol....
  • white sympathizer
    white sympathizer Members Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why would you drive through that ? , day or not?

You mind as well move to afghanistan
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options

yah who in their right might would wanna live there?
  • white sympathizer
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »

yah who in their right might would wanna live there?

Yeah who?
  • Brian B.
    Brian B. Members Posts: 6,717 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My mother side of the family in Detroit, was last there 2 years ago for my uncles funeral, some neighborhoods don't even have street lights. Some sad ? how Detroit was a major city and fell so far

Lol bruh that ? was fascinating to see

my aunt stayed not too far from the tigers stadium & it was like 3 lanes in all directions, but no traffic light

I jus sat at the window knowing I'd see a wreck... hours would pass & nothin lol

& til this day, I've never been to a city w/ that many stores that had bulletproof glass smh
  • Ghost313
    Ghost313 Members Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options

All you know is what the media has fed you. You ever been to Detroit? Where you from @Black_Thunder ?
  • white sympathizer
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Ghost313 wrote: »

All you know is what the media has fed you. You ever been to Detroit? Where you from @Black_Thunder ?

? rt did a whole special on that dump detroit

https://youtu.be/LMqjfDl4wGA
    https://youtu.be/GAPUWWONISM
    https://youtu.be/1hhJ_49leBw

Look at ja buildins, how can you people live like that, ewwww

? looked like barren wasteland
  • Ghost313
    Options
    Brian B. wrote: »
    My mother side of the family in Detroit, was last there 2 years ago for my uncles funeral, some neighborhoods don't even have street lights. Some sad ? how Detroit was a major city and fell so far

Lol bruh that ? was fascinating to see

my aunt stayed not too far from the tigers stadium & it was like 3 lanes in all directions, but no traffic light

I jus sat at the window knowing I'd see a wreck... hours would pass & nothin lol

& til this day, I've never been to a city w/ that many stores that had bulletproof glass smh

Good old Corktown. My Pops grew up there. It's actually a bit different, better now. Gentrified like a mufucka. Just hope they make Maroun do something with that Train Station within the next 3 years.
  • Ghost313
    edited August 2016
    Options

? who is rt? Yeah, you haven't been. ? any city USA has its ? up areas. I can show you parts of Orlando that are just as ? up, but all you think of is Disney when you see Orlando, same with Miami, LA,Vegas,Etc. I could do a special focusing on whats bad in these neighborhoods, but the story to be told is how ? got like that. STOP relying on media to give you your opinions homie.

Detroit actually has affluent neighborhoods, Google Sherwood Forest, Indian Village, The University District, Palmer Woods, Rosedale Park and are predominantly Black and all in city limits, not suburbs.

That's the narrative that the media doesn't want you to know. Say what you want homie, but ? we LOVE this place good and bad.

You still did not say where you are from, better not be the suburbs of Nashville ? .
  • ChillaDaKilla
    ChillaDaKilla Members, Banned Users Posts: 7,082 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Carmen Harlan still live in Indian Village?
  • Ghost313
    Options
    Carmen Harlan still live in Indian Village?

I don't know, but I would STILL beat.
  • ChillaDaKilla
    ChillaDaKilla Members, Banned Users Posts: 7,082 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I always wanted Fanchon Stinger from Fox 2 I heard she was a wild ass chick
  • Ghost313
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I always wanted Fanchon Stinger from Fox 2 I heard she was a wild ass chick

Bruhhhhhhh, she was a nice. She still there? Fox 2 got Maurielle Lue, I been wanting to smash.
  • white sympathizer
    Options

? who is rt? Yeah, you haven't been. ? any city USA has its ? up areas. I can show you parts of Orlando that are just as ? up, but all you think of is Disney when you see Orlando, same with Miami, LA,Vegas,Etc. I could do a special focusing on whats bad in these neighborhoods, but the story to be told is how ? got like that. STOP relying on media to give you your opinions homie.

Detroit actually has affluent neighborhoods, Google Sherwood Forest, Indian Village, The University District, Palmer Woods, Rosedale Park and are predominantly Black and all in city limits, not suburbs.

That's the narrative that the media doesn't want you to know. Say what you want homie, but ? we LOVE this place good and bad.

You still did not say where you are from, better not be the suburbs of Nashville ? .

? did the media MAKE UP these areas full of dilapidated homes and bullet proof atms and ? ?

Detroits a DUMP and aint been worth ? since the 60s,if you live there and got your momma living there its probably because you aint got no damn choice

And THIS is where I grew up boy:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trenton,_New_Jersey

Only city with a higher murder rate in nj is camden and possibly newark

• detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I grew up in the University District. Nice architectural designed homes. The neighborhood was mostly 2 parent households with somebody working for the big 3, school district, police or at the hospital