The Official Boxing Thread

Options

Comments

• Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options
    JLacey wrote: »
    Idk if I'm late or not but they're talking Monroe vs rosado on the Canelo undercard

They were trying to get billy Joe Saunders to fight both those guys on the canelo undercard he turned down both fights ..and said he would fight eubank Jr again only if its a 80/20 split in his favor
  • international
    international Members Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://www.boxingscene.com/shakur-stevenson-stays-tight-lipped-on-news-mayweather-pact--107861
    Shakur Stevenson Stays Tight-Lipped on News of Mayweather Pact

The success of American boxer Shakur Stevenson in the Olympics _ he fights for a gold medal this weekend _ has raised the inevitable questions about the 19-year-old fighter's professional career.

Stevenson has been widely expected to begin his pro career with Top Rank Promotions this fall, but he has another well-heeled suitor: Floyd Mayweather Jr. The recently retired boxer runs an eponymous promotional company, but has no stars under contract with the potential drawing power of Stevenson.

Stevenson declined to confirm he had teamed up with Mayweather to be his promoter or in another capacity, grinningly saying he hasn't even decided whether he will go pro.

"I'm going to focus on winning the gold medal, and after I win the gold medal, I'm going to weigh my options and see what's next for me," he said.

But Stevenson spoke adoringly of the retired champion after meeting him earlier in the Rio tournament. Mayweather, who attended Stevenson's fights, subsequently referred to Stevenson as "the next Floyd Mayweather."

"If he calls me and tells me stuff, I'll take it, but I'm focused," Stevenson said. "I'm ready. It don't matter who I talk to."

Stevenson grew up in Newark, New Jersey, as the oldest of nine children. He was named after rapper Tupac Shakur, who was killed nine months before Stevenson was born.

http://www.boxingscene.com/shakur-stevenson-stays-tight-lipped-on-news-mayweather-pact--107861

The success of American boxer Shakur Stevenson in the Olympics _ he fights for a gold medal this weekend _ has raised the inevitable questions about the 19-year-old fighter's professional career.

Stevenson has been widely expected to begin his pro career with Top Rank Promotions this fall, but he has another well-heeled suitor: Floyd Mayweather Jr. The recently retired boxer runs an eponymous promotional company, but has no stars under contract with the potential drawing power of Stevenson.

Stevenson declined to confirm he had teamed up with Mayweather to be his promoter or in another capacity, grinningly saying he hasn't even decided whether he will go pro.

"I'm going to focus on winning the gold medal, and after I win the gold medal, I'm going to weigh my options and see what's next for me," he said.

But Stevenson spoke adoringly of the retired champion after meeting him earlier in the Rio tournament. Mayweather, who attended Stevenson's fights, subsequently referred to Stevenson as "the next Floyd Mayweather."

"If he calls me and tells me stuff, I'll take it, but I'm focused," Stevenson said. "I'm ready. It don't matter who I talk to."

Stevenson grew up in Newark, New Jersey, as the oldest of nine children. He was named after rapper Tupac Shakur, who was killed nine months before Stevenson was born.

Goated just for that!!!

I know this ain´t about boxing, but the impact that PAC HAD, smh...no one ever having that kind of impact!!!

• 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Goated just for that!!!

I know this ain´t about boxing, but the impact that PAC HAD, smh...no one ever having that kind of impact!!!

slowdown bruh.....

he was just the anti mayweather
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shout out Shakur Stevenson. Newark definitely in the building
  • JLacey
    JLacey Members Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn yall ? not watching?
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shakur fighting on usa right now
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shakur got silver
  • smittysmith
    smittysmith Members Posts: 8,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Got out worked last round
  • Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Negro_Caesar
    Negro_Caesar Members Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yea i peeped that hopefully that fight comes off.. Bradley with the re-up w/ toprank once again
  • mdot
    mdot Members Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Close fight with Ramirez and Shakur. Can't wait to see them both in the pros. Says a lot though that Stevenson could get it there and almost win vs a Cuban who already won gold before.

Hopefully Mayweather promotes him right.
  • KLICHE
    KLICHE Members Posts: 5,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Anyone got any acestream links to diaz mcgregor 2? I know wrong forum but super keen lol
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options
  • Negro_Caesar
    Options
    KLICHE wrote: »
    Anyone got any acestream links to diaz mcgregor 2? I know wrong forum but super keen lol

Wtf. ?

Yo I need that link too. Got money on this ?
  • Mastery
    edited August 2016
    Options

So put it in the right forum ? haha Take this flag.
  • KLICHE
    KLICHE Members Posts: 5,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mastery wrote: »

So put it in the right forum ? haha Take this flag.

HAHAHAHA! I did that also, just trying to reach out to all sport fans incase they had the drop! Ya dig lol
  • Mastery
    Options
    Errol Spence vs Leonard Bundu today at 2pm PST on NBC.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mastery wrote: »
    Errol Spence vs Leonard Bundu today at 2pm PST on NBC.

What's that like 5 pm?
  • JLacey
    JLacey Members Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Soence gonna do what Thurman couldn't do and knock him out
  • Mastery
    Options

@? _Caesar
  • mdot
    mdot Members Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Probably but he's like 43 years old now. ? Thurman fought him when he was 40.
  • Mastery
    Options
    mdot wrote: »

Probably but he's like 43 years old now. ? Thurman fought him when he was 40.

? he fought him 2 years ago. You know damn well his age ain't got ? to do with ? haha

@mdot
  • Negro_Caesar
    Options
    More hate for one time huh

Thurman beats the ? out of spence and any another ? that wants it besides maybe my ? Crawford.