Driving Through Detroit At Night

Options

Comments

• Ghost313
    Ghost313 Members Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options
    gorilla wrote: »
    Man I remember when Jefferson was the strip. Then everybody would hit the rock.

Late nights at the coney ? as ? trying to order the whole damn menu. Chocolate City (before it was ? city), all the after hours spots. Man me and the homies had some wild ass nights.

I remember my cuz from the east used to come scoop a youngin, we'd hit Rouge, Chandler,Belle Isle, and end up at THE Sting, or at his broad crib in Northville ? as ? eating coney.
    My 1st strip club I ever attended was the Brass Key, ? used to get me in when I was 14 cause they knew security.
    Shout out to the North End and HP, I,stayed with a rider or 2 from there..
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bcotton5 wrote: »
    Seem like every niigga on here from the west side except me

add me to that west side list

8 mile/livernois to Woodward
  • Ghost313
    Options
    Bcotton5 wrote: »
    Seem like every niigga on here from the west side except me

add me to that west side list

8 mile/livernois to Woodward

Westside Schoolcraft and Evergreen
  • Ghost313
    Options
    Ghost313 wrote: »
    Why would you drive through that ? , day or not?

You mind as well move to afghanistan

All you know is what the media has fed you. You ever been to Detroit? Where you from @Black_Thunder ?

? rt did a whole special on that dump detroit

? looked like barren wasteland

? who is rt? Yeah, you haven't been. ? any city USA has its ? up areas. I can show you parts of Orlando that are just as ? up, but all you think of is Disney when you see Orlando, same with Miami, LA,Vegas,Etc. I could do a special focusing on whats bad in these neighborhoods, but the story to be told is how ? got like that. STOP relying on media to give you your opinions homie.

Detroit actually has affluent neighborhoods, Google Sherwood Forest, Indian Village, The University District, Palmer Woods, Rosedale Park and are predominantly Black and all in city limits, not suburbs.

That's the narrative that the media doesn't want you to know. Say what you want homie, but ? we LOVE this place good and bad.

You still did not say where you are from, better not be the suburbs of Nashville ? .

man look, I put pics of them spots up a while back, these muhfuckas ain't trying to believe Tha D got nice ass spots. I used to live right next to Sherwood Forest in Green Acres Woodward and Edison District is nice as ? .

http://community.allhiphop.com/discussion/497768/neigbourhood-home-town-pic-s

Detroit.jpg
    detroit-skyline-comerica-park-2.jpg
    3184929297_4ca65c16b1.jpg
    Boston-EdisonHistDist.jpg
    DN-DetroitHousing.jpg
    url.jpg

Palmer Woods

Palmer_Woods_Streetscape,_Detroit_MI.jpg

Green Acres (where I used to live)

436.jpg?a=1113202662460

Sherwood Forest

2602094031_c517583378_o.jpg

University District

D100074-0015-650x330.jpg

Indian Village District

Indian_Village_Historic_District_-_Detroit_Michigan.jpg

And all these spots are within the city borders. Not in the suburbs.
    [/quote]

? em, let them continue to sleep, we know what's up.
  • konceptjones
    Options

Late nights at the coney ? as ? trying to order the whole damn menu. Chocolate City (before it was ? city), all the after hours spots. Man me and the homies had some wild ass nights.

Do you remember when it was Fenkel back in '91/'92? 7 mile was the ? back in spring/summer of '93 and Jefferson from the freeway all the way to the Rock was the spot from like '92 until... ? ... 98/99? USed to stop off at The Omni for some liquor, grab some burgers at the Rally's next door, and head downtown throwin back a bottle of Jack Daniels mixed with Jolt cola and 3 Big Bufords and ? .

The rock was wild as ? on the weekends day and night. We used to joke that the day on Belle Isle wasn't done unless you saw at least one broad runnin around ? naked on the Belle Isle strip facing Windsor.
  • konceptjones
    edited August 2016
    Options

I remember my cuz from the east used to come scoop a youngin, we'd hit Rouge, Chandler,Belle Isle, and end up at THE Sting, or at his broad crib in Northville ? as ? eating coney.
    My 1st strip club I ever attended was the Brass Key, ? used to get me in when I was 14 cause they knew security.
    Shout out to the North End and HP, I,stayed with a rider or 2 from there..

this ? said the Brass Key. My manager used to get me up in there when I was 19 and I had a VIP card for The Body Rock up on 8 mile at 19 too 'cause my other manager was cool with the management there.
  • konceptjones
    Options
    This is Detroit right here.bgnfkckc6jao.jpg

Faygo got me ? 'cause they started using Sucralose. I can't ? with no artificial sweeteners, ? makes my kidneys ache. A few spots out here sell Faygo and I've been tippin them bottles ever since I found 'em but ain't been drinking it since the ? showed up in 'em.
  • 313 wayz
    313 wayz Members Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is Detroit right here.bgnfkckc6jao.jpg

if you not in the D, you can order the Better Made chips from their website, I stay ordering from them

https://store.bettermadesnackfoods.com
  • lethal5
    lethal5 Members Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • gorilla
    gorilla Members Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Do you remember when it was Fenkel back in '91/'92? 7 mile was the ? back in spring/summer of '93 and Jefferson from the freeway all the way to the Rock was the spot from like '92 until... ? ... 98/99? USed to stop off at The Omni for some liquor, grab some burgers at the Rally's next door, and head downtown throwin back a bottle of Jack Daniels mixed with Jolt cola and 3 Big Bufords and ? .

The rock was wild as ? on the weekends day and night. We used to joke that the day on Belle Isle wasn't done unless you saw at least one broad runnin around ? naked on the Belle Isle strip facing Windsor.

I think 91/92, I was in Southwest, but I heard the stories lol. 7 mile stayed lit from east to west. The strip of a million and one barber shops and car washes. I stayed on 7/ Santa Rosa for a hot minute, then we moved back to the eastside.

We used to be down on the rock racing in the back by the woods....at night lights out....? was we thinkin?!

You aint lyin bout the Rock, broads everywhere down for whatever. ? used to be like mini freak nic. You had to get there before the boys blocked it off tho lol. I hated that ? .

Man and the ? bars lol. Shout out to the Key, All Stars, Crazy Horse, I couldnt stay away from damn Cocholate City tho. Used to have a ball in that ? as small as it was. I remember running into this one chic that dance there....at church ? (perfecting of all places) lol. Had my bm and kids with me. I swerved the ? outta her like I aint even see her. I aint want them problems that day.
  • konceptjones
    Options
    I used to live up in the Body Rock, Tigers II (ran into a broad I used to go to high school with up in there, ended up smashing a few months later), John Johns, The Grind, Timbo's after hours spot, and a couple other spots. I stopped going to Body Rock when they renamed it Cheetah's, but that joint had top shelf broads in there. When I was 19 my old boss "Big Joe" used to take me and the rest of the crew at the shop up in there after we got off work. Once I got that VIP card it was a wrap, I could walk up in there for free and no one ever carded me.
  • white sympathizer
    white sympathizer Members Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why dont all you detroit ? get a room or something?

• Ghost313
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I used to live up in the Body Rock, Tigers II (ran into a broad I used to go to high school with up in there, ended up smashing a few months later), John Johns, The Grind, Timbo's after hours spot, and a couple other spots. I stopped going to Body Rock when they renamed it Cheetah's, but that joint had top shelf broads in there. When I was 19 my old boss "Big Joe" used to take me and the rest of the crew at the shop up in there after we got off work. Once I got that VIP card it was a wrap, I could walk up in there for free and no one ever carded me.

I remember the Giant Slide at Belle Isle, Going to Tiger Stadium watching the Tigers lose, Boblo Island ,Races down in Southwest, being like 17 deep going to Fairlane, Northland,Eastland and ? with hoes. Ahhh, the memories.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So sad some of the places. They need to start the factories back up and stop outsourcing jobs to the chinese.
  • I Self Lord & Master
    I Self Lord & Master Members Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options
    detriot brought us dem pelle pels! used to make bank sellin fake ones n bought real ones cause my parents wasn't gon buy that ? !

lot of ? came from deroit that circled the nation that theu dont get credit for

possibly tge word "trap" too
  • I Self Lord & Master
    edited August 2016
    Options
    them better made chips are the best ones i ever had...who woulda thought that salt n pepper chips would hit the spot like dat...nothin else compares
  • konceptjones
    edited August 2016
    Options
    detriot brought us dem pelle pels! used to make bank sellin fake ones n bought real ones cause my parents wasn't gon buy that ? !

Last Soulman from AWOL spoke on it in an Metro Times article some years ago:

http://www.metrotimes.com/detroit/you-dont-want-none-of-this/Content?oid=2175516
    ... Their uniforms were jean “hook-ups,” that is, denim suits, with Dobbs and casual shoes. They rocked Coogi sweaters before they become stylish, years before the late Notorious B.I.G. would claim that “Every cutie with a ? want a Coogi.”...
    “Coogis and gators and minks, that was just regular D ? ,” says Jones. “Nothing special. These other artists that’s not from here put all the dramatic ? to the ? . A average D ? with a job at a plant is a ? ’ ‘stunner.’”
    “They talked about Moet before Biggie. They were like their own industry.”

Blame it on marketing and promotion, or the indifference of a listening public that wouldn’t pop a bottle of Cristal and don a Coogi sweater for another five years.

but the kicker is that a little known artist named "Jay Z" was on the same label as a cat AWOL dissed.

At the time, AWOL's album "Detroit 4 Life" was released on Rock-A-Fella records.

After the album drops, Jay turns around with "Roc-A-Fella" records.

The Cristal, his mannerisms, style of clothes and ? was all straight up Detroit. Dude's whole image was ripped straight from AWOL's ? .

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x18zx9_awol-emcees-come-emcees-go_music?GK_FACEBOOK_OG_HTML5=1

tell me that ain't the prototype for all that early Jay/Biggie ? ...
  • Ghost313
    Options

http://www.metrotimes.com/detroit/you-dont-want-none-of-this/Content?oid=2175516
    ... Their uniforms were jean “hook-ups,” that is, denim suits, with Dobbs and casual shoes. They rocked Coogi sweaters before they become stylish, years before the late Notorious B.I.G. would claim that “Every cutie with a ? want a Coogi.”...
    “Coogis and gators and minks, that was just regular D ? ,” says Jones. “Nothing special. These other artists that’s not from here put all the dramatic ? to the ? . A average D ? with a job at a plant is a ? ’ ‘stunner.’”

Blame it on marketing and promotion, or the indifference of a listening public that wouldn’t pop a bottle of Cristal and don a Coogi sweater for another five years.

but the kicker is that a little known artist named "Jay Z" was on the same label as a cat AWOL dissed.

At the time, AWOL's album "Detroit 4 Life" was released on Rock-A-Fella records.

The Cristal, his mannerisms, style of clothes and ? was all straight up Detroit. Dude's whole image was ripped straight from AWOL's ? .

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x18zx9_awol-emcees-come-emcees-go_music?GK_FACEBOOK_OG_HTML5=1

? , even AL Nuke and Blade style was bitten too, but ? won't acknowledge that. Good find @Konceptjones
  • I Self Lord & Master
    edited August 2016
    Options

thats the ? im exactly talkin about

you may open a can of worms if this ? get put in the wrong thread

had to hit ether at the damn video still itself
  • MD_PROPER
    MD_PROPER Members Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Making it rain ...? from the D started that too..
    Trips down 75 stoppin in ATL...they showed them boys how to Boss Up... then throwin money in the club became the thing to do

Good, bad or indifferent Detroit is home of the trendsetters....