Options

Comments

• D.Original
    D.Original Members Posts: 734 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options
    D.Original wrote: »
    D.Original wrote: »
    I wasnt sayin the current state of hiphop is bad by any means. All im sayin is that so far its been a quiet year.

It is I pulled the plug on all modern day hip hop unless underground besides all that im all 80s n 90s

So no love for tde j cole vince staples...? For the most part i agree tho...mainstream is ? these days but theres alot of good underground hiphop ou there. That elzhi album was probly my top pick of the year so far.

Not my cup of tea but been rocking that Smiff N Wessun album u got as ya avatar as of late haha good ? head music if ya dig what im sayin my underground consists of Army of the pharaohs, vinnie paz, diabolic, apathy, snowgoons etc, but what I mostly rock is 80s/90s ?

I dont think the 90s will ever have the crown snatched from being the greatest era of hiphop. But there is alot of good ? out now. Run the jewels. Jcole. Royce. Black milk elzhi. Krit. Kendrick n tde. Pro era. Staples n sweatshirt...i could keep going. So im good w hiphop right now. And ya the wack ? is abundant.

Dah shinin is my personal goat album.
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its all about underground and the wicked ? .

The voice I read this in was definitely a whiteboy voice.
  • thereal1lady
    thereal1lady Members Posts: 20
    Options
    The state of hip hop look at this video
    https://youtu.be/nFRVbxjhdUY
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My issue with 2016 is not the music coming out but the tours you can go catch. Most these ? not worth paying money to see. Outside of the Yeezy tour and maybe Schoolboy Q i really don't know what hip hop show is worth going to in my area. Mind you my area includes me being able to hit up any show in CT Boston or NYC.
  • Preach2Teach
    Preach2Teach Members Posts: 3,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We need Nas, Em, Andre 3000 and Action Bronson to drop their albums.

Action Bronson ain't been forgiven yet ....? that fat cracka

Forgiven for what?
  • Qiv_Owan
    Qiv_Owan Members Posts: 4,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The summer put out some bangin ass music

And Free Lunch is coming too

Hope Drogas and BITTSM make it season
  • D.Original
    Options
    Looks like i manifested somethin with this thread. We got vince staples isaiah rashad ? jenkins n mac miller droppin over the next month. I got high anticipation for all these joints.
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I really haven't paid much attention to hip hop this year, not much has interested me. What's even dropped?
  • D.Original
    Options
    Not much yet. Elzhis album has been the best thing so far imo.
  • ChillaDaKilla
    ChillaDaKilla Members, Banned Users Posts: 7,082 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    East coast fell off

The south is the south

Midwest is what it is

BUT the West Coast still ain't fell off

Cool Aid from Snoop
    Blank Face from Schoolboy

and YG's new album have been good

Plus E40 still putting in work
  • rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's just bad when you know that after a certain rapper(mainly Drake) tries out a new style, it's going to be ? by two or more rappers. I knew people would bite that Controlla and one dance ? smh. We need these rappers with distinct styles to be more in the mainstream.
  • TayGettem
    TayGettem Members Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Correction: ? is dropping ? jst not the ? u like
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    We just need balance in the mainstream.
  • rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm not a Chance The Rapper fan but he got a song that should be killing radio right now. I bet if it was Drake or even Kanye's song it would be everywhere. Oh well, that's why I pay for Serius XM
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DVkkYlQNmbc
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    I heard that on Hot 97 a few times.
  • AggieLean.
    AggieLean. Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Been some dope music that's dropped this year. I can't think of a time where there was a lack of good music being dropped, though.
  • natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Recipe wrote: »
    We need Nas, Em, Andre 3000 and Action Bronson to drop their albums.

We really need a infusion of new talent.

we got it..but they keep mumbling n rapping bout ? people can't understand or care about really

• ChillaDaKilla
    ChillaDaKilla Members, Banned Users Posts: 7,082 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AggieLean. wrote: »
    Been some dope music that's dropped this year. I can't think of a time where there was a lack of good music being dropped, though.

• LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Phonte drops his album in September

The year might heat up
  • Chi Snow
    Chi Snow Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 28,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rapmusic wrote: »
    I'm not a Chance The Rapper fan but he got a song that should be killing radio right now. I bet if it was Drake or even Kanye's song it would be everywhere. Oh well, that's why I pay for Serius XM
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DVkkYlQNmbc
    This ? toooooo tough

Song of the year contention imo
  • NuffRespect
    NuffRespect Members Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AggieLean. wrote: »

Thy shall not mention 2006 in the name of hip hop
  • anduin
    anduin Members Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    its been a good year so far, but one thing that gets wack about rap is when one style gets too saturated like it's starting to now. But then someone new comes along, flips it upside down, yall get mad for 6 months before one of these new dudes is called the "future of rap". Cycle never ends so if you're mad, just go back to listening to whatever era you liked best while the world moves on.
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    Hip hop is fine this year. Plenty of good ? drop. Nothing classic on the hip hop side yet, but plenty of good especially during the summer. Ye, Elzhi, YG, and 2016 MVP imo Currensy have all been holding it down, Joe Budden been dropping quality outside his disses, Dave East and Nipsey been dropping heat almost every day. Sremm and Troy Ave dropped dope ? . Yall too reliant on brand names and only care about Drake beefs is the problem.

? I know I gotta relisten to Havoc and Royce also.
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its all about underground and the wicked ? .

I honestly think if you explained in detail about the horrcore appeal you can get more folks on the music. Like explaining the gathering, why they wear clown make up, etc. Like wtf does wicked ? even mean? You should do a thread on all of this, preferably a PowerPoint
  • bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    2015 had a ton of quality to allow you to overlook the ? from the likes of drake, future, and meek

2016 just hasn't had that type of quality yet