@ Sion, @Kai and Other Black Canadians, School Rex on Race Relations in Canada

Options
Maximus Rex
Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
What are race relations like in Canada? Do y'all have the history of institutionalized racism and systematic white supremacy like we do in the U.S. or it it more implicit and insidious up there? Do the local police departments racially profile and killed black people with impunity up there? Do white Canadians have a bad perception of black people and think we're all thugged out, hypersexual uneducated with a gang of kids everywhere? Do y'all have a equivalent to the ? , (or like groups,) and are they honored and venerated like they are in U.S.

Since slavery in Canada ended in 1836, do y'all have the lasting effects of it? Do y'all hella trip off the way that racism and white supremacy is allowed to fester and perpetuate itself in America? Or are white Canadians like racist white supremacists here and feel as if that we should "get over it." Finally what do Canadians think of Neo Confedrates and their love of their treasonous rebel ? ancestors?

Comments

• A Talented One
    A Talented One Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options
    For the most part, you shouldn't ask black Canadians (black Scotians aside) what racism is like here; most are oblivious to, or in denial about, the real nature of their country. And I actually agree that some of the worse police abuse cases (e.g. Tamir Rice) wouldn't happen here. But anti-black racism goes way beyond police brutality.

• A Talented One
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    Would be interested in reading Kai's response she a little older than me so she might have a different perspective. I'm waiting on my barber so I'll come back later.

And dont listen to what A Talented ? says about Canada. I need not reaffirm his idiocy.

Just like you did in this thread, you seem to be suggesting that thinking that a place is racist is coonish. That's very wrong. It is denying racism, or downplaying it, that is coonish.
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I kinda cosign a talented ? on this one but he got ? ? motives.
    But I mean I had a cop telling me just last night he was gonna drag my face across the ground. I just laughed at his fat ass.
    None of you ? really out here like that tho so you can't speak on it.

? will never be as bad as the states it's just too deep rooted, to the point you got members of kkk infiltrating police departments and killing blacks, but lord knows how many times I've been called a ? at the club because I didn't want to let some ? white person in or asked them to leave and you don't even have to drive 2 hours north of the city to experience a culture shock and get that real dose of racism in these all white towns.
    ? I challenge @Sion to have a convo with his white friends about blm (group or ideal) bet their attitudes change up. Double or nothing they bring up Chicago or black on black crime.
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    I heard the real racist parts are where the French ppl are cuz it's also a class thing...like they use their French heritage to act like they're better than non-French Canadians and def Americans. And being black is like the lowest thing you could be in America. An American who been to Canada a bunch of times for work and ? told me that.
    What say yall @Sion @Kai
  • A Talented One
    Options
    There would be a lot more black people in Canada if Canada wasn't as racist. At the turn of the 20th century continuing to and culminating in 1911, there was a lot of talk among black Americans about migrating to Canada. At that time Canada was recruiting (white) people from all over the world to come to Western Canada (esp. Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba), which was sparsely populated at the time. They were giving people a ton of land for free and even subsidizing their travel costs. But when black Americans (blacks from Oklahoma and Kansas especially) started to arrive, it caused a national panic and they did all kinds of ? to try to keep them out. Some did get through (look up a place called Amber Valley), but Canada's effort to keep black Americans out was more or less successful. Today, most blacks are descendants of immigrants from the West indies and Africa who came here starting in the 1960s.
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I heard the real racist parts are where the French ppl are cuz it's also a class thing...like they use their French heritage to act like they're better than non-French Canadians and def Americans. And being black is like the lowest thing you could be in America. An American who been to Canada a bunch of times for work and ? told me that.
    What say yall @Sion @Kai

People in quebec in general just think they're better than everyone. They been on some separatist ? for a minute. Racism is just part of that package that comes with being white.
  • ReppinTime
    ReppinTime Members Posts: 4,760 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Only racist experiences I've had in Canada were at the border
  • A Talented One
    Options
    But I mean I had a cop telling me just last night he was gonna drag my face across the ground. I just laughed at his fat ass.

? will never be as bad as the states it's just too deep rooted, to the point you got members of kkk infiltrating police departments and killing blacks, but lord knows how many times I've been called a ? at the club because I didn't want to let some ? white person in or asked them to leave and you don't even have to drive 2 hours north of the city to experience a culture shock and get that real dose of racism in these all white towns.
    ? I challenge @Sion to have a convo with his white friends about blm (group or ideal) bet their attitudes change up. Double or nothing they bring up Chicago or black on black crime.

? I'll bring it up

I'm not gonna get into it with a Talented ? cuz like I said - he's only going to reaffirm his idiocy - that he's a tap dancing ? .

I cosign your post 100% fam :+1:

Listen brah, I will call out white people on the racism to their face. I will tell them anything. I have yet to see one you ? Canadians do the same.

You are the ? ? , always talking about "Canadian racism ain't so bad guys."

FOH b.
  • A Talented One
    Options
    This ? Scion is calling me a ? for saying that racism in Canada is bad, and these ? are consigning him when in the states they call people ? for minimizing racism. The ? is going on here.
  • ReppinTime
    ReppinTime Members Posts: 4,760 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How a proud ? go flag me...

Anyway whenever ive been in Canada it gave me the feel of being in the south...somewhere like Texas. Where they are very polite and nice even though they hate ya black ass.
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Texas racism is thick. Their politeness is to open you up to a friendly political conversation about Trump, J.J. Watt and everything white related while bashing black culture and Barack Obama.

Canada's racism is diverted towards the Natives. The Africans and West Indians that move into Canada support the natives but the French Canadians turn there nose up towards them. The Natives make black ppl look like the friendly neighbor but racism is everywhere and someone has to look down on another class sort of like a caste system.
  • RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    im from canada but canada swipes its racism under the rug . Theres been cases where cops killed black teens and got away wit it and u never hear about the case. i know 3 cases like that. I have been stopped over 10 times for no reason at all and harassed by the police . Since i moved to suburbs i still go to the city and i had got pulled for my licence plate being twisted . The officer turned to me and said what am i doing here in Scarborough. These two white officers had followed me from a restaurant waited for me to come out and stayed behind me until i got a mall to pull me over for fuckery.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They're too focused on treating their Natives like ? . I guess there were too many of them left over unlike in America.
  • RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jabu_Rule wrote: »
    They're too focused on treating their Natives like ? . I guess there were too many of them left over unlike in America.

ya natives get treated bad which is sad. they try to keep them quite but never works ou t
  • MarcusGarvey
    MarcusGarvey Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Got family that used the subsidized health care, cheap college tuition, even got laid off and got a second career in HVAC or nursing paid,in part, by the government to better themselves since moving from JA.

I mean on exchange rate alone any American ? with a skill or business can move to Toronto and start a decent life. But America is the land of free and people don't want to move?

What we need to learn is anti-black sentiments in white majority places is like the sun coming up. But that's no excuse to living like ? . Keep ya head up.

• gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Would be interested in reading Kai's response she a little older than me so she might have a different perspective.

@kai getcho old ass in here
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Them damn Quebecois stay on some ?
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

C/S. The cops are savages up here too. 14 division was/is one of the most corrupt divisions in the city. They got a body count. They'll ? you but they are not out here hunting down people. It's a bit tame.

I've said it on here before. A lot of these white Canadians are just as racist. The bigotry and prejudice isn't in your face and out in the open but it's there. When you've been around them for awhile you know how to pickup on the traits. They ain't slick.

I remember the comments people made when blm held up the pride parade. I wasn't surprised at all. They had white people showing their true colors.

How's the race relations? Nowhere as bad as it in the states but the fuckery does exist. Don't let anybody tell you otherwise.
  • A Talented One
    Options
    iron man1 wrote: »
    This ? Scion is calling me a ? for saying that racism in Canada is bad, and these ? are consigning him when in the states they call people ? for minimizing racism. The ? is going on here.

Shut ya ? ass up you sucka

Listen, I swear to ? -- I really, really mean this -- you would be a dead man if you said this ? to me in person. A ? dead man.

I'm not trying to throw it all out over some ignorant ? , but I do not believe that I would be able to help myself.

100% being honest.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @A Talented One tf you flagging me for?
  • A Talented One
    Options
    iron man1 wrote: »

Shut ya ? ass up you sucka

You are such a ? idiot, and ? .

I am the one who is claiming racism, and Scion is the one who is downplaying it.
  • A Talented One
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Jabu_Rule wrote: »
    @A Talented One tf you flagging me for?

While you have a point re: natives, there is a lot of racism directed a black people too. especially in places where there are a lot of black people (e.g. Toronto).
  • HundredEyes
    HundredEyes Members Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options