@ Sion, @Kai and Other Black Canadians, School Rex on Race Relations in Canada

Options

Comments

• HundredEyes
    HundredEyes Members Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All I know about Canada is that Eidos/Square Enix is up there, the lords that make the Deus Ex games...Pamela Anderson was from there, its cold af but Montreal looks like an awesome city to live in...
  • A Talented One
    A Talented One Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    Options
    If you want to know about black history in Canada, I recommend these books:

51VLpvsKEiL._SX323_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

404327.jpg
  • A Talented One
    Options
    Canadian blacks actually feel that the white man and woman loves them when the truth is that they are racist to them behind their back (and, at times, to their face too).

Study exposes tolerance of racism

When it comes to repudiation of racism, words speak louder than actions, according to a York University study that suggests people are far more tolerant of bigotry than they might express.

While people would clearly condemn racism in advance, the majority of non-black people would sit mute and indifferent as blatant acts of anti-black racism occurred before them, according to the Toronto research, published today in the journal Science.

"People expect in a very deliberate fashion that they'll be offended by racism, that they'll censor or avoid racists," said York psychologist Kerry Kawakami, the lead author of the study.

"But our (research) showed that that's not the case when they're actually placed in that situation."

Indeed, while paying strident lip service to their anti-racist attitudes, most of the study's non-black subjects did not try to rebuke or even avoid a mock bigot who had been planted in their midst.

The York paper, which also involved University of British Columbia and Yale University researchers, involved some 120 non-black students.

For the study, researchers placed three students in a classroom, one white, one black, and one white or Asian. And while two of the students – the black and one white – were in on the scheme, the third believed they were all there waiting for a study to begin.

"Then the black person stands up and says `I forgot my cellphone,' and he walks out of the room. And as he walks out, he gently hits the other white person on the knee," Kawakami said. When the black person left the room, the white person turned to the other person and said something racist – "in some cases extremely racist," she said.

Despite using terms as offensive as "clumsy n----r," the planted bigot faced little or no reprisal from the majority of white subjects.

Indeed, said Kawakami, when asked subsequently to pick a partner for the purported study, some 63 per cent of the white students picked the bigot over the black.

The racist comments had such little impact, said Kawakami, that the same number of subjects chose the white person in corresponding experiments where the slurs were absent.

A control group of "forecaster" students, who faced no racist comments but were told of the experiment, predicted overwhelmingly that they would be offended and would lash out at the speaker.

In an accompanying article, a pair of U.S. researchers says the York work may simply point to a quirk of being a participant in an experiment. Psychologists Eliot Smith, of Indiana University, and Diane Mackie, of the University of California, Santa Barbara, said experimental subjects are usually in an unfamiliar mindset, and that a strange perspective may alter their emotional responses.

But Kawakami said the absence of a predicted backlash to racism may be due to shock amongst those who hear it.

Also, people witnessing the racism may actually perceive a slight bump by a black person as truly threatening, she said. "It's possible ... we might perceive blacks' behaviour to be much more aggressive, much more extreme than a white's behaviour."

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2009/01/09/study_exposes_tolerance_of_racism.html
  • blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So ? why would a white stand up for a black when he calls u ? he aint your daddy that dont make him racist that makes him not give a ? ...
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    iron man1 wrote: »
    This ? Scion is calling me a ? for saying that racism in Canada is bad, and these ? are consigning him when in the states they call people ? for minimizing racism. The ? is going on here.

Shut ya ? ass up you sucka

Listen, I swear to white Jesus -- I'sa really, really mean this -- you would be a dead man boy. I's gonna tell ? and he gon hang ya, a ? dead man, praise white Jesus.

I'sa not trying to throw it all out over some ? , but I do not believe that I would be able to help myself.

100% being a ? ? .

Shut ya ? ass up!
  • blackgod813
    Options
    U expect tomuch out of people he aint call u a ? ...innocent bystander you tryin to lock bystanders up like a Seinfeld episode...
  • A Talented One
    edited August 2016
    Options
    iron man1 wrote: »
    This ? Scion is calling me a ? for saying that racism in Canada is bad, and these ? are consigning him when in the states they call people ? for minimizing racism. The ? is going on here.

Shut ya ? ass up you sucka

Listen, I swear to white Jesus -- I'sa really, really mean this -- you would be a dead man boy. I's gonna tell ? and he gon hang ya, a ? dead man, praise white Jesus.

I'sa not trying to throw it all out over some ? , but I do not believe that I would be able to help myself.

100% being a ? ? .

Shut ya ? ass up!

Another ? ? trying to get a cheap laugh.
  • ChillaDaKilla
    ChillaDaKilla Members, Banned Users Posts: 7,082 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nfqdssifm6yy.jpg

A Talented ? is flapping his cape hard as ?
  • A Talented One
    Options
    You stupid ? are something else.

I'm in here trying to drop knowledge, and all you can think of is to come in here and make stupid ? jokes, though I bet y'all can't point to a single thing I said that is coonish.

Sad that that's how you gotta get your kicks in life.
  • A Talented One
    Options
    Sion wrote: »

I'm in here trying to drop knowledge, and all you can think of is to come in here and make stupid ? jokes, though I bet y'all can't point to a single thing I said that is coonish.

Let me drop this in here real quick

If a talented ? knows this dude is super cooning, you know its bad.

If you said this to my face you would be very sorry. Trust me.

Next, you're a ? idiot. Nothing I have said on this site is even remotely coonish: saying that black folks can be racist is not coonish, saying that racial profiling, though always wrong, need not always be racist is not coonish, saying that black women in my experience seem to be more concerned about a man's wallet than white women is not coonish, criticizing the excesses of some militants is not coonish, saying that putting East African and mixed/mixed looking women over other black women is not coonish. These are all the reasons why these IC clowns say that I am a ? .

If you think any of this is coonish, please explain why. I won't hold my breath because your ? has no idea what you're talking about.

Now ? off.

A ? is someone who will disparage his own race to big up another. Saying black women care more about a black man's wallet than a white woman does and putting mixed women over black women is textbook cooning.

Like I said, I need not reaffirm your idiocy.... You're like the Shao Khan of ? .

Looks like I did not complete the part about mixed women. What is was trying to say is that it is wrong to put mixed/mixed-looking women over (non-mixed) black women. I have said that countless times, but a couple idiots started calling me a ? for that too.

About black women being more concerned about a man's wallet, that's not coonish. It's true, in my experience, and I was not saying that to uplift white women. And it makes sense that black women would be like that, to be honest. If black men tend to be poorer than white men, and black women know this, and they want a partner who is doing well for himself, then it makes sense that a black man's financial situation would me more on their mind than a white man's financial situation would be on the mind of white women, who can assume that the average white guy they come across has a job and is not doing too badly for himself. So I am not even critical of them for being concerned about that. What I am critical of them is for making quick judgments based on superficial things like clothing.
  • A Talented One
    Options
    And you downplay anti-black racism in Canada.

That is far more coonish than anything I have ever said or done.
  • blackgod813
    Options
    Women like it if u have money this is a true fact...
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I read that there were a lot of free blacks early on that fought for Britain against America. Canada was very racist towards them, so many went to Africa to places like Freetown, Sierra Leone. They were called Nova Scotian Settlers. Jamaican Maroons went there first, but many more Canadians followed.

@A Talented One i was alluding to the fact that they hide their racism (at least compared to America) more against blacks, but they are openly oppressive to Native Canadians.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Can you guess which poster's cousin this is?

latest?cb=20131227185045
    700 Members Posts: 14,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Who really gives a ? about canada
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    700 wrote: »
    Who really gives a ? about canada

Apparently you do... ? baby.
  • Muhannad
    Muhannad Members Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Next, you're a ? idiot. Nothing I have said on this site is even remotely coonish: saying that black folks can be racist is not coonish, saying that racial profiling, though always wrong, need not always be racist is not coonish, saying that black women in my experience seem to be more concerned about a man's wallet than white women is not coonish, criticizing the excesses of some militants is not coonish, saying that putting East African and mixed/mixed looking women over other black women is not coonish. These are all the reasons why these IC clowns say that I am a ? .

If you think any of this is coonish, please explain why. I won't hold my breath because your ? has no idea what you're talking about.

Now ? off.

A ? is someone who will disparage his own race to big up another. Saying black women care more about a black man's wallet than a white woman does and putting mixed women over black women is textbook cooning.

Like I said, I need not reaffirm your idiocy.... You're like the Shao Khan of ? .
    I'm not taking up for A Talented One, but I think you got your definitions messed up. A ? was someone who reaffirms stereotypes about black people for the entertainment of non-blacks, namely whites. Like a black person bucking his eyes, showing teeth, acting dumber than he is, acting slow etc. Someone like Steppin Fetchit would qualify as a ? . Just because someone says something you don't like doesn't make them a ? .

In this thread I haven't really seen him say anything that would qualify him as a ? , but I have seen him say some unfavorable things about black women in other threads. Maybe he's a sellout or Uncle Tom...
  • HundredEyes
    HundredEyes Members Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Can you guess which poster's cousin this is?

latest?cb=20131227185045

Lmao Leave Sly Cooper outta this fam
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Muhannad wrote: »

Now ? off.

I'm not taking up for A Talented One, but I think you got your definitions messed up. A ? was someone who reaffirms stereotypes about black people for the entertainment of non-blacks, namely whites. Like a black person bucking his eyes, showing teeth, acting dumber than he is, acting slow etc. Someone like Steppin Fetchit would qualify as a ? . Just because someone says something you don't like doesn't make them a ? .

In this thread I haven't really seen him say anything that would qualify him as a ? , but I have seen him say some unfavorable things about black women in other threads. Maybe he's a sellout or Uncle Tom...

Would "a talented ? ? " be the correct terminology?
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I only hope the CAD falls against the dollar