Pete Rock Critisizes Young Dolph

Options

Comments

• rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man it's getting real ridiculous out here. ? can't have opinions no more? Dolph ain't missing no money cause of Pete Rock not liking him. A damn instagram post! I mean c'mon man. Why is this even a thread? Would Pete Rock get a thread if he dropped new music?
  • numbaz...80's baby
    numbaz...80's baby Members Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Too many feelings going on around here. That's that old man's opinion. His right, it's also our right to not give a dam.

It is what it is. Quit crying like a lil ? , pop in yo grey tape and take a trip down memory lane.
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »
    ericb4prez wrote: »
    Ask his mama why he was there

No I'm asking that ? it's his video, with the language being used on the song that ain't meant for kids to hear. And next time quote me.

It was kids in Juvie back that ass up video y'all sounding like haters lol

The argument still stands. They shouldn't have been in that video. Just like the kid shouldn't have been in that Young Dolph video.

? funny to me my mom wouldn't let me listen to music with cuss words til I was 13, it's not on these rappers to shelter these kids from adult ? but yet you are holding him more accountable than his mama

Can you ? walk and chew gum at the same time? Let me simplify it. His guardians shouldn't have gave him permission or allowed him to be there. Now that's out of the way you don't allow a kid on your set with that sort of language in the music. Didn't think that needed to be explained.

That man don't have control of that. He working. You see somebody wiped the lil boy's face, most likely whoever he came with so that is where the problem is. Them folks knew what the song was about way before the video shoot. Just like celebrities bringing they kids to the BET Hip Hop awards and then being mad that every performer is cussin and rappin about lean and dope. You gone bring your child to a strip club and get mad a a stripper for continuing to strip?
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    P. Town wrote: »
    Ask his mama why he was there

No I'm asking that ? it's his video, with the language being used on the song that ain't meant for kids to hear. And next time quote me.

It was kids in Juvie back that ass up video y'all sounding like haters lol

The argument still stands. They shouldn't have been in that video. Just like the kid shouldn't have been in that Young Dolph video.

? funny to me my mom wouldn't let me listen to music with cuss words til I was 13, it's not on these rappers to shelter these kids from adult ? but yet you are holding him more accountable than his mama

Can you ? walk and chew gum at the same time? Let me simplify it. His guardians shouldn't have gave him permission or allowed him to be there. Now that's out of the way you don't allow a kid on your set with that sort of language in the music. Didn't think that needed to be explained.

That man don't have control of that. He working. You see somebody wiped the lil boy's face, most likely whoever he came with so that is where the problem is. Them folks knew what the song was about way before the video shoot. Just like celebrities bringing they kids to the BET Hip Hop awards and then being mad that every performer is cussin and rappin about lean and dope. You gone bring your child to a strip club and get mad a a stripper for continuing to strip?

I addressed this earlier.
  • MECCA1000
    MECCA1000 Members Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So, was Pete specifically asked about dude and this video was played?
    or was he asked "who he thinks is wack"? Because if Pete just jumped out the window and named dude, he's wrong for that.
    If he was asked his opinion on the video, then it's his opinion.
    Seems like the interviewer or whoever ran with just Pete reaction for the clicks .... Pete might have worded his answer better had he known but I'm okay with the knee ? reaction

It's not the masters job to seek out new students ...... those who truly want to learn and master the craft will seek out the master for his teachings

? these new wannabe and so called rappers who don't even know who Pete Rock is ..... who can't name a few B.I.G. or Pac songs ...... don't have a ATCQ song in their music collection
  • NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Options
    rapmusic wrote: »
    Man it's getting real ridiculous out here. ? can't have opinions no more? Dolph ain't missing no money cause of Pete Rock not liking him. A damn instagram post! I mean c'mon man. Why is this even a thread? Would Pete Rock get a thread if he dropped new music?

I agree. Its not a big deal. I dont even go on twitter or none of that. Its pretty immaterial but there are those who agree and disagree with the comment as presented. I like Dolph's response basically he said dude dont even know him he judging off a rap song, which is pretty lame and childlike in its own right. Nothing more he really needed to say. He didnt seem to be worried about it.
    *edit I just realized since Pete thinks the raps are all there is to it, not the fact dude has a legal business and is doing who knows what in reality, he figures the child would not be able to differentiate things either. He would only be able to see the rap lyrics because thats all Pete seems to see. Thats the only angle he seems to understand himself and take it so seriously. But in the end yeah its just his opinion.
  • EyeofAsaru
    EyeofAsaru Members Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Man them kuntry ? like dolph and his supporters are the worst of the worst..They will adamantly stand by whatever ignorance comes out this clowns mouth..

Like who the ? glorifies being a ? baby? Andre 3ks verse was rapped in a different Context thematically so you cannot use that as justification for this brand of ? ? pete rock called out.. That outkast song was a ARTISTIC statement about the social ills of society delivered with actual skill

Dolph is literally glorifying drug culture and ? babies in front of kids..smh..with TRASH rap skills..? can't even rap without saying muthafucka Every four bars

This ? is a mental disease

P.s. that ? needs to take off that dolphin chain..Far as I'm concerned he's anti nature glorifying something as anti life as ? ..? like him and blac youngsta need to catch beatdowns pronto

• 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    Lmao @ I don't know you
    And I ain't gotta quote ?
    Ask his mama why he there
    Lil ? ain't sneak out the house and steal a car and drive himself there
    It ain't up to no rap ? to raise yo kids

These ? full of ? . U had kids singing it's the hard knock life on the stoop while Jay rapping bout dope and nor a solitary ? was given that day.. but they wanna flex on dolph

There must be 2 Hardknock Life's.
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    You could say that about Future, 50 Cent, Jay-Z, Wiz Khalifa or even Redman if we wanna go there. I think Pete Rock is a purist man and I love Pete Rock. If you gonna go at Young Dolph why not call out everyone else who guilty ? The only thing I never liked about purists is they don't encourage anything different and get mad hypocritical. I remember when they was chastising ? for wearing skirts when if you look back Grandmaster Flash and the Furious 5 are in leather bustiers, knee-high boots and other "suspect" attire. But the young ? is the "effeminate" ones....

Lml to I don't remember any of these ? having junkie listening party's surrounded by mad little ? all you ? are missing the point

These ? ain't dope dealers their flat out delusional ? boi junkies like tall ? to look up real quick in 2016 it's cool to be a junkie like ? dead look up to new jack city but they settle for pokie ? is absolutely disgusting

? aint doing just weed no more there popping pills smoking k2 ? then you got music glorifying doing that a

I had to kick a little ? off my floor for smoking spice

? sold drugs/rapped to get money and still had some type of integrity

These ? do ? just to be junkies

There no" get the kids out of here this some grown man ? " logic at all ? is absolutely disgusting if the ? got singled outhe so the ? what the msg still applies to everyone
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    murdap wrote: »
    Dolph>>>pete rock

And all them washed up new york ?

ban
  • BeardedFreak
    BeardedFreak Members Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? Pete Rock.

I'll break that old ass ? jaw, in front his kids, just cause.

How many ? you know who parents were ? heads and they still made something out their life.

DOLPH
  • murdap
    murdap Members Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭
    Options
    murdap wrote: »
    Dolph>>>pete rock

And all them washed up new york ?

ban

You need to ban that african dashikee shirt with air maxs

#Swaggerless
  • MasterJayN100
    MasterJayN100 Members Posts: 11,845 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pete Rock and Young Dolph is on different brackets
  • MallyG
    MallyG Members Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Got much luv for Pete Rock (great producer), but it's random that he picked YD out.... I'm pretty sure he doesn't even know the context of Dolph's lyrics or album in that clip....

I think he took it as Dolph was sayin' he's on powder and proud of it (lol) when that's not the case. The song and album is called "Rich ? Baby". He's said numerous times while he has came up in the game that his parents were on dope when he was conceived. He was raised by his grandma and eventually helped them shake the habit and he's beeen moved them out the hood years ago. Hell, he's never even sold ? .

As for the little kid, we don't know who's kid it is or who brought him. I'm not saying I would have him out there, but it's the hood, I'd imagine little man has heard far worse.
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AggyAF wrote: »
    This thread is really about folks mad a ny rapper said something negative about a southern rapper. No other reason for all this emotion

Nah, its because ? are clearly being selective as ? . How you go at a rapper who isnt even popular like that, but yet the ? who DO have a larger platform, rapping about negativity (FUTURE) gets a pass because ? either A) ride his nuts like a rodeo show or B) afraid of going against the grain

Lot of you ? are followers forreal
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    tompetrez3 wrote: »
    This is hating. pete rock could look in his own damn backyard first. Why dont he say nothing to French Montana and old boss Puffy who be having kids in they videos right besides their goons? Besides pete rock produced for an underaged group who rapped about killing other kids and selling drugs at school

EXACTLY
  • The Recipe
    The Recipe Members Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    cqa309hiasw0.jpg

Man gtfoh with this Bumass children's place hoody

? got a south pole hoody on talking about swag LMFAO.
  • gee757
    gee757 Members Posts: 26,374
    Options
    Like Water wrote: »

No one said anything about his popularity, so how about you brush up on your comprehension skills?

Rock is talking about how he's trash as ? , popularity be damned. Stupid muthafuckas always endorse other stupid muthafuckas. If they didn't, Trump wouldn't be this close to becoming our next POTUS.

Gtfoh this is Dolph 2nd time n the 757 this yr Dolph is not trash.....like I said Pete can have his opinion but if Pete ain't getting on wack ny rappers like woodface who only preaches blk on blk crime he's just hating imo...... Cuz there's plenty of ny rappers that push a neg image to the kids
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AggyAF wrote: »
    This thread is really about folks mad a ny rapper said something negative about a southern rapper. No other reason for all this emotion

Nah, its because ? are clearly being selective as ? . How you go at a rapper who isnt even popular like that, but yet the ? who DO have a larger platform, rapping about negativity (FUTURE) gets a pass because ? either A) ride his nuts like a rodeo show or B) afraid of going against the grain

Lot of you ? are followers forreal

Your comment doesn't change the truth in mine
This discussion has been closed.