Name Three Things You Thought You Would Never Live To See

Options
13»

Comments

• Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    edited April 2016
    Options
    My step mom worked at CellularOne around that time, it wasn't only rich ppl with cell phones bruh maybe the early 90s

5 Grand wrote: »
    I had a job working at a cell phone store in 1999. It was called CellularOne and they got bought out by Cingular Wireless (remember them ?)

At the time we sold 3 different phones, one of them held 100 numbers, the other one held 200 different numbers (I'm not sure about the third one). They were both made by Nokia. At the time that was a big deal, having a cell phone that can hold 200 different numbers on speed dial.

At the time there weren't as many cell towers up so there were a lot of dropped calls. Basically you'd be on the phone with somebody and the call would just hang up because it was a weak signal.

My point is, cell phones had always been around. They had mobile phones in World War II. They were huge and about the size of a boom box but they had them. But between the time I worked at that cell phone company in 1999 and now technology has been moving at warp speed. When I was working at that company, the cell phone was one invention that was just starting to catch on and the internet was another invention that was just starting to pick up speed. I'm not sure when smart phones came out but I'm amazed by what my phone is able to do now in 2016.

I know a lot of people on this board are 20 years younger than me so you guys grew up with cell phones. But it wasn't until the past 10-15 years that EVERYBODY got a phone.

Really prior to 2000, only rich people had cell phones

U exaggerating bruh

• dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A black president...

Who was completely petrified of the current system of white supremacy and sold his people out.
  • luke1733
    luke1733 Members Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Homosexuality growing in cultures the way it has. I'm not saying people do not have the right to live how they want to live. I'm just saying when I was born in the 80's and growing up in the 90's nobody would have seen ? marriages and homosexuals raising kids legally or married in the church as the future. It just was so hidden that straight people had no reason to think of it.
    That ? came out the closet.
  • skpjr78
    skpjr78 Members Posts: 7,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Options
    overtly homosexual cross dressing "thug" rappers smh
    notyouthug.jpg?w=700
    young-thug-alessandro-trincone-dress-jeffrey-album-1.jpg?quality=95&w=1755
    phzkai4bcc2qbwe.png

• ChillaDaKilla
    ChillaDaKilla Members, Banned Users Posts: 7,082 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A Detroit Lions championship

Legal Weed

Martian ? with 6 ?
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Legal Weed

Martian ? with 6 ?

You haven't lived to see this... and you won't
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1. A Cleveland championship
    2. A Cleveland championship
    3. A Cleveland championship...

? the Warriors. We finna repeat. Kyrie Irving >>> Steph Curry.

Fight me...
  • b'mer...
    b'mer... Members Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lakers being garbage.

The south rising again [trump]

First black FAMILY

• Qiv_Owan
    Qiv_Owan Members Posts: 4,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mars landing
    Cassini orbiting Saturn
    Bush getting another term
    The first black president eliminating Abu Sayaf and Bin Laden
    9/11...i was in 6th grade, CNN showing that ? for 2 days straight was like a movie
    Saadam being captured
  • nickel-us P
    nickel-us P Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I know I'll see the Cubs win a world series
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The 2nd coming of Jesus Christ.
  • skpjr78
    skpjr78 Members Posts: 7,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Options

Legal Weed

Martian ? with 6 ?

You got a better chance of seeing Calvin Johnson fuking a 6 tittie Martian ? against a light pole on Wodward than seeing the Lions win anything.
  • dasmooth1
    dasmooth1 Members Posts: 163 ✭✭
    Options
    Laser eye surgery. I used to dream of being able to see whn i was short sighted and cant believe technology has developed to the point you csn ? see 20/20 again. I got it done in 2011 and its the best thing ive ever spent money on
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Are people not reading the read title correctly?
  • ChillaDaKilla
    ChillaDaKilla Members, Banned Users Posts: 7,082 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »

Legal Weed

Martian ? with 6 ?

You haven't lived to see this... and you won't

It"ll happen
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I know I'll see the Cubs win a world series

Nah. The Indians finna take that too. #AllIn. We've been deprived for too long, and now we want ALL the cookies...

...Except the Browns and ? ass RG3. They ain't winnin' ? but the loser lottery. I'll never see them ? win in my lifetime.

• MECCA1000
    MECCA1000 Members Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I had a job working at a cell phone store in 1999. It was called CellularOne and they got bought out by Cingular Wireless (remember them ?)

At the time we sold 3 different phones, one of them held 100 numbers, the other one held 200 different numbers (I'm not sure about the third one). They were both made by Nokia. At the time that was a big deal, having a cell phone that can hold 200 different numbers on speed dial.

At the time there weren't as many cell towers up so there were a lot of dropped calls. Basically you'd be on the phone with somebody and the call would just hang up because it was a weak signal.

My point is, cell phones had always been around. They had mobile phones in World War II. They were huge and about the size of a boom box but they had them. But between the time I worked at that cell phone company in 1999 and now technology has been moving at warp speed. When I was working at that company, the cell phone was one invention that was just starting to catch on and the internet was another invention that was just starting to pick up speed. I'm not sure when smart phones came out but I'm amazed by what my phone is able to do now in 2016.

I know a lot of people on this board are 20 years younger than me so you guys grew up with cell phones. But it wasn't until the past 10-15 years that EVERYBODY got a phone.

Really prior to 2000, only rich people had cell phones

U exaggerating bruh

I'm telling you, I worked at a cell phone store.

But yeah, it was around 1999/2000 that everybody was getting a cell phone if they didn't already have one.

1995 I got my 1st cell phone. I was working for a airport shuttle service called Westchester express. Jumping out the van at pay phones was cutting into my time and money. So, I bit the bullet and spent like $300 on a brick that charged a grip for in & out local calls .... more out of areas ..... and even more for long distance ..... ? was ridiculous .

I was amazed by the end of the 90's when texting came to cell phones ...... whew ...... being charged per character was a murderous bill

Being a messenger in NYC and running up in the World Trade Center dozens of times, I thought I'd never see those buildings come down ...... especially in the way they did
  • SolemnSauce
    SolemnSauce Members Posts: 15,860 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    People totally not giving a ? about Wayne's music

Rappers in dresses

Leborn going back to Cleveland
  • the dukester
    the dukester Members Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    - A Black president

- Black people FINALLY retaliating shooting back at cops

- A reality t.v star with NO political experience on the cusp of the presidency
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man said name three things...u dummies

-black president
    - MJ die
    - cars that drive themselves
  • trilladelic
    trilladelic Members Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A Black POTUS

Fake ?

Hip Hop become the force of nature and RnB music die off
  • d1al_t0ne
    d1al_t0ne Members Posts: 270 ✭✭
    Options
    A black president is #1 on that list. As recent as the early 2001, Chris Rock made a movie about what if the president was black. Even Chappelle had skits about a black president which was made even more hilarious because most of us thought that ? ain't happening any time soon.

Rappers like young thug is 2nd on that list. Lol, there were long ass write ups as recent as a few years ago on whether hip hop could and would ever accept a ? rapper. Dudes was still throwing around ? in their rhymes as recent as 5 - 6 years ago. Now we got a full on dude named young thug (an irony in itself) on an album cover in a dress and the ? is almost normal.

And last but not least $2 gas again, smh. I was damn near certain we were headed to $6, $7 gas by 2016.