Nas is on the verge of becoming a billionaire ..

Options

Comments

• GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jim1000 wrote: »
    GetoBoy wrote: »
    Highly dubious of anyone saying they are going to be billionaires ie Soulja Boy but the companies Nas allegedly invested in are legit, I'd be interested to know if he has JayZ Nets ownership or some real Tidal ?

Good for Nas though, top 3 favorite rappers

This..... This is great for Nas but let's hold off on the billionaire talk Dre sold bests by Dre for billions and he still ain't a billionaire I highly doubt Nas reaching it off Lyft and them shaving blades that quickly

It's not those only though. He has about 20 other investments as well. I'm not saying he's gonna be a billionaire but dude is making some serious moves which is a good look for him. The bevel investment is gonna be a big one for sure.

It's a good look for him and I hope he gets his bread just know rappers normally invest in a bunch of things but only one or 2 really hit and of the 20 those are probably gonna be the ones he actually makes real money off of that's why I said those
  • jim1000
    jim1000 Members Posts: 198 ✭✭
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    This discussion further indicates that Esco needs to drop this album ASAP

I think so too. Likely will drop around Christmas or January unless he drops one out of nowhere. He know he not gonna sell a gazillion records independent now but ? who knows....

Wait isn't this the last album on def jam??
  • psychobutcher
    psychobutcher Members Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    @Sion why are you so condescending and verbose? You aren't the only person in here with financial and economic knowledge and experience. You one up or have a counterpoint to all post related to economics. Chill... ? ain't a good look.

I didn't mean to come off like that I made my post and someone else quoted it and I was responding to them. I already said I'm happy for NaS and think Bevel will be a great investment long-term. I just don't agree with Lyft or Uber. Venture capitalists don't have a good reputation in general.

I'm sure you didn't. I just wanted to give you my opinion as someone that sees you know the game, brother.
  • twentyfivelighters
    twentyfivelighters Members Posts: 4,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    illedout wrote: »
    Lyft is estimated at $5.5 billion
    Drop Box is estimated at $10 billion

Dropbox is GOAT!!
  • KamPushMe
    KamPushMe Members Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "The last one left, let my cash invest in stock"
  • supergangster
    supergangster Members Posts: 8,872 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Nas invest $100,000 to $500,000 of course he is on verge of becoming damn rich, billionarie or not.

DROPBOX – $10 BILLION VALUATION invest $100,000 to $500,000

LYFT – $500,000 - $5.5 BILLION VALUATION invest $100,000 to $500,000

GENERAL ASSEMBLY – RAISED $70 MILLION IN SERIES D
    invest $100,000 to $500,000

TILT – $400 MILLION VALUATION invest $100,000 to $500,000

ROBINHOOD – RAISED $50 MILLION IN SERIES

CASPER – $550 MILLION VALUATION

GENIUS – RAISED $40 MILLION IN SERIES B
  • MarcusGarvey
    MarcusGarvey Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Unless we see the financial details we ll never know the % to extrapolate worth.

What we take from the article, if true, is that he's leveraged his celebrity to get access to companies before they've gone public. Him and Jay are heading to 50, do they still want to rap, do 100 shows?
  • water ur seeds
    water ur seeds Members Posts: 17,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Congrats to Nas, but I wanna hear that Nas/Timbo track that we got a snippet of ages ago!!!
  • SheerExcellence
    SheerExcellence Members Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Props to Nas, but we need to know where this article is from and why is it light on details.

But more props to him for being out there doing his thing.
  • aladdin1978
    aladdin1978 Members Posts: 4,609 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah yeah whatever. Good for him.
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Good for him but some of these Nas stans will ? ? in their pajamas if Nas was a billionaire
  • supergangster
    supergangster Members Posts: 8,872 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? mad Nas dropout from school still got more money than your favorite rapper
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    scrapper1 wrote: »
    I root for genuinely good black people achieving. I want my people to win. Nas a good dude, i applaud the goat. Stop trying to discredit people's success and let's build each other up. I swear if any of you brothers (or sisters) have reached or climbing to some form of success, I applaud you as well. No stan ? , just respect ? .

Nobody is rooting against Nas. However what we are saying is the idea he has a billion right now has no facts to back it. This is the fuckery argument ? post in every one of these Nas threads and it is off topic. Yes i root for Nas to be sucessful. And no we are not tearing Nas down by pointing out he doesn't have close a billion.

At the same time the facts are the facts and they must be pointed out. Despite many of us like Sion and Geto Boy being fans of Nas we can without bias see this report that Nas is near a billion is ? until numbers come out. And trust me Nas does not need us to "build him up". He still has a lot of money and success and power in the game.

• jim1000
    jim1000 Members Posts: 198 ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Options
    scrapper1 wrote: »
    I root for genuinely good black people achieving. I want my people to win. Nas a good dude, i applaud the goat. Stop trying to discredit people's success and let's build each other up. I swear if any of you brothers (or sisters) have reached or climbing to some form of success, I applaud you as well. No stan ? , just respect ? .

Nobody is rooting against Nas. However what we are saying is the idea he has a billion right now has no facts to back it. This is the fuckery argument ? post in every one of these Nas threads and it is off topic. Yes i root for Nas to be sucessful. And no we are not tearing Nas down by pointing out he doesn't have close a billion.

At the same time the facts are the facts and they must be pointed out. Despite many of us like Sion and Geto Boy being fans of Nas we can without bias see this report that Nas is near a billion is ? until numbers come out. And trust me Nas does not need us to "build him up". He still has a lot of money and success and power in the game.

With the exception of maybe 1 or 2 tops, there are alot of Nas fans here that are without bias too. All this article means to me is that he is making moves financially that could potentially make several millions of dollars. I think some here are overreacting about Nas and the word "billionaire". Dude is investing in a lot of startups and thats that.
  • gifted
    gifted Members Posts: 684 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Great for Nas. Good to see he expanding, adapting and balancing his brand as long as it doesn't interfere with his message and his artistry. His day1 fans respect his word more over his wealth.
  • _God_
    _God_ Members Posts: 6,396 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    _? _ wrote: »
    Lyft has too many ? drivers uber realer

And how do know this?

VoEyV.gif

? u mean ?? These ? pull up in pt cruisers n be ? I'm not riding in the back of no pt cruiser
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    By the way Nas nowhere to be found on the Forbes Hip Hop list for the top 20 earners in the last 12 months. They count money outside rap as well. If nas is so close to becoming a billionaire where the ? is he? How did 20 other people make more racks in the last year than Nas?
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    By the way Nas nowhere to be found on the Forbes Hip Hop list for the top 20 earners in the last 12 months. They count money outside rap as well. If nas is so close to becoming a billionaire where the ? is he? How did 20 other people make more racks in the last year than Nas?

Because they put out music/movies, endorsed or sold products.

Do you even know how investments work? Nas is invested in those companies, meaning that if they are sold or Nas himself wants wants to be brought out THEN it would show in his earnings. All he is now is a shareholder which wouldn't show up in a Forbes earners list beacuse he hasn't earned money on those shares cause they are still invested in the companies.

• MarcusGarvey
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Nas is without a doubt the most prolific rapper-turned-tech-investor. He co-founded QueensBridge Venture Partners and has invested in 119 companies with five portfolio company exits:

Luxola, a Singapore cosmetics e-commerce company acquired by fashion brand LVMH.

SHIFT, a cross-network social advertising platform for brands and agencies acquired by Brand Networks.

Fitmob, a cross network fitness membership acquired by ClassPass.

AlphaDraft, a fantasy sports service acquired by FanDuel

Synata, an enterprise cloud search engine acquired by Cisco.

https://medium.com/cuepoint/rappers-out-in-silicon-tryna-get-their-billions-on-efce368ab4b7#.vngd97fb5
  • MarcusGarvey
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Mind you, NaS isn't the sole owner of QBVP. I couldn't nail down who the other partners are other than Anthony Saleh. Corrected there are 6 partners.
    @Sion

It's a good look regardless

Don't sleep on Tidal, Jay may flip that for $100m
  • scrapper1
    scrapper1 Members Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Here's the link to their site, it will tell you what you want to know..
    http://qbvp.com/
  • Mr 202
    Mr 202 Members Posts: 571 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mind you, NaS isn't the sole owner of QBVP. I couldn't nail down who the other partners are other than Anthony Saleh.
    @Sion

$100m? With princes catalogue? Jays catalogue?
    He sold Rocawear 200m
  • MarcusGarvey
    Options
    Mr 202 wrote: »
    Mind you, NaS isn't the sole owner of QBVP. I couldn't nail down who the other partners are other than Anthony Saleh.
    @Sion

$100m? With princes catalogue? Jays catalogue?
    He sold Rocawear 200m

Does he have the rights to use Prince's catalogue or the rights to Princes catalogue ? I think it's the first