The Official DC Cinematic Universe thread - Now Showing - "The Justice League"

Options

Comments

• Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rumors are saying filming for aquaman will take place in Australia and Michael Kenneth Williams has been casted as black manta
  • reapin505
    reapin505 Members Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It was raven for me. Granted I was introduced to teen titans by the show. Now starfire in the Justice League v Teen Titans, wooo I had to pause the stream there. I was about to ? up ? Grayson or die trying damnit
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    Apparently Stan Lee's favorite DC Character is Lobo. That's cool.
  • reapin505
    reapin505 Members Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I need to not post when stoned apparently.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    reapin505 wrote: »
    I need to not post when stoned apparently.

I do it all the time.

You must be smoking some intergalactic ? .
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Booster Gold movie seperate from DCU
  • Broddie
    Options
    Yeah lets keep one of the more mainstream accessible comedic characters away fron the universe that needs more mainstream accessible comedic characters. Makes sense.

DC is bonkers.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »

Who'd want to see a movie about booster gold? I don't think he could carry a movie by himself.
  • Lou Cypher
    Options

I read a rumor yesterday that Booster gold movie will be set in the "Arrow" universe and lead to a connection of a DC multiverse on screen.

Just rumors though. Dumb to make Booster Gold separate from everyone else, especially if his movie is supposed to have blue beetle.
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options

Who'd want to see a movie about booster gold? I don't think he could carry a movie by himself.

Who wanted to see a movie about a talking raccoon and a tree? And Guardians of the Galaxy had success regardless.
  • Splackavelli
    Options

Who wanted to see a movie about a talking raccoon and a tree? And Guardians of the Galaxy had success regardless.

Yal keep saying that ? I swear I had to shut that ? down when metal men were brought up. Y'all never learn
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yal keep saying that ? I swear I had to shut that ? down when metal men were brought up. Y'all never learn

Can't compare Metal Men to Booster Gold. Hate comparisons but Booster Gold personality is like PG-13 Version of Deadpool with time travel thrown in.
  • Splackavelli
    Options
    But he's not Deadpool though. Hes gonna need a straight man to play off of or else it's not gonna work. I thought they were gonna go with a blue beetle booster gold buddy cop type movie instead.
  • Broddie
    Options
    You really don't know much about comic books do you?
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I thought ant man was good. This could work.
  • Splackavelli
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    You really don't know much about comic books do you?

nah I don't know much about booster gold and metal men for that matter.
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Casting for Barry allens dad has been done. Already forgot dudes name, but the actor that played dr. Manhattan in watchmen is playing poppa allen
  • nj2089
    nj2089 Members Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I thought ant man was good. This could work.

As Marvel has proven since Iron Man came out, anything can work with proper script, executive producers, director, and actors. In theory a Booster Gold project should be funny as ? , (especially if he's teamed with Ted Kord,) Booster is unique in that his motivations for becoming a superhero are purely selfish. He wanted to regain his former glory as a football player and he went into the past to become rich and famous and used superheroics as that vehicle unless of course his origin was retconned.

Was killing me is Warner Bros. is shook and they're not trusting the creative people to "produce, create, and innovate on a higher level." Instead the suits at the WB are channeling their inner "Jerry Jones," and they're acting like the know better than the cats who make movies for a living. S v B under performed not because of the tone if the movie, but because of they tried to do too much in one film, they did some wacky ? with Lex, for some reason, they felt like The Death of Superman story arc should of been a beginning instead of an ending, and of course "Martha!"

They they wanted a lighter tone, go with the characters in the DCU that provide that. Plaz, Beetle and Booster, the JLI, hell even Guy Gardner and Captain Marvel could provide you with this lighter tone they're searching for. It they truly want to do some different ? , (as I've said before,) do a Superman flick where Myzptlk trolls Superman for an entire movie. That ? would be funny as ? .

I hopefully Geoff Johns will figure this ? out because as of right now, the DCEU is acting like they're the ones making movies with their third tier characters.