Brooklyn Woman Killed After Telling Man To Stop Grinding On Her

Options
blackrain
blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
edited September 2016 in For The Grown & Sexy
Tiarah Poyau, a 22-year-old St. John's Student who was murdered during the J'Ouvert celebration in Brooklyn Monday morning, was reportedly shot in the face after she told a man to stop grinding on her. Police sources told the Post that Poyau had been walking with three friends on Empire Boulevard near Franklin Avenue at roughly 4:15 a.m. Monday when a man approached and began dancing with her. Poyau told the stranger "Get off me" at which point the man allegedly pulled out a gun and shot her in the eye at close range.
Yesterday, police arrested 20-year-old Reginald Moise in connection with Poyau's death. Moise allegedly told detectives he didn't know his gun was loaded when he pulled the trigger, and investigators believe he may have been intoxicated at the time.
"I think I shot somebody," Moise reportedly told a friend in the hours after Poyau's death. Police say that Moise attempted to hide his gun at an acquaintance's apartment Monday morning—an acquaintance the Post reports to be his girlfriend. Speaking to reporters Tuesday, NYPD Chief of Detectives Robert Boyce alleged that Moise fired off two rounds while in the apartment Monday morning and cut his hand while breaking a mirror. ABC reports that officers recovered .09mm casings inside the apartment that matched others found near Poyau's body.
According to Boyce, Moise was pulled over in Brooklyn at 7:57 a.m. Monday at the corner of Parkside Avenue and Parade Place for driving under the influence. "He crashed into three cars," Boyce said, adding, "When they pull him from the car his hand is cut up and tied off with a Caribbean flag." Moise has five prior arrests, all of which are sealed. [\quote]

http://gothamist.com/2016/09/07/jouvert_shooting_victim_reportedly.php

Comments