The Official 2016-2017 NFL Season Thread.

Options

Comments

• tupacfan12
    tupacfan12 Members Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is off-topic as ? but it damn sure feels good to come home from work and just sit back smoke a cig in one hand and a Henny & coke in the other.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Crude_ wrote: »
    I said they should extend him two years and be ready to move on after that.

I don't know what the hell Loomis is doing cutting Grayson though.

I wish we woulda kept Chase Daniel he fits Payton's system well and would have been a serviceable guy to take the reigns when #9 retires.

Grayson is trash
    804 Members Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    tupacfan12 wrote: »
    This is off-topic as ? but it damn sure feels good to come home from work and just sit back smoke a cig in one hand and a Henny & coke in the other.

Preach
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Cowboys are going to have you doing a lot of drinking and smoking, enjoy
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17489225/washington-redskins-cb-josh-norman-says-respects-pittsburgh-steelers-qb-ben-roethlisberger-wr-antonio-brown
    Norman says he respects Roethlisberger, Brown

ASHBURN, Va. -- It's not a war of words Washington Redskins corner Josh Norman wants to get into with the Pittsburgh Steelers. It's a jersey swap.

Not that it'll happen. Two years ago, Steelers coach Mike Tomlin began prohibiting the team's players from engaging in them. But the overall point from Norman was simple. He has a healthy respect for two of the players he'll face Monday night: quarterback Ben Roethlisberger and receiver Antonio Brown.

"Oh my gosh, Big Ben, another great one," Norman said. "You look at the quarterbacks in this league, and Big Ben has been up there since he's been in the league. He's one of the great ones. I'll walk up to him and be like, 'Hey, can I get your jersey?'

"That's how much respect I've got for him. I don't ask for jerseys like that, until someone shows me they are great at what they do. Big Ben is that. That's the utmost respect I have for a quarterback."

Norman has been a focal point ever since he signed with Washington in the spring, following Carolina's decision to rescind the franchise tag it had placed on him. Part of it stems from his contract, worth $15 million a year, the highest for a corner. He has been in headlines for his matchup with Odell Beckham Jr., based on what happened last year and because they play twice this season.

Arizona corner Patrick Peterson poked fun at him on Twitter about a video from a Redskins practice that ended up on social media. But when it came to Roethlisberger and Brown, there was nothing but love from Norman. In fact, Norman can be a quiet player on the field, teammates say. Even Norman said he wouldn't trash talk with Brown, because he likes him.

"Watching him and what he's able to do is freakish," Norman said. "When you look at the receivers in the NFL you don't have to stop nowhere other than Antonio Brown. It starts and ends with him. That's going to be a tall task to take on, and I respect that. I'm looking forward to what he brings, because that matchup is going to be a physical one and a fun one. I have nothing but respect for that guy."

Monday will mark the first time Norman covers Brown in a game -- they didn't match up in a 2013 meeting -- but that respect extends as well to Roethlisberger, whom Norman called "cerebral."

"He can make all the throws," Norman said. "Shoot, his name speaks for itself: Big Ben. You can't take him down. He's good with his feet. That's the thing people don't realize and understand, that he can create things on the go, and he gets back there and he doesn't get flustered."

Earlier in the day, Roethlisberger said he didn't want to get lulled into any sort of verbal exchange.

"If you're trying to do that, that's when the game kind of falls apart, and the defender gets you," he said in a conference call with the Washington media. "That's what they want. I've been playing long enough not to fall into that trap, whether it's a corner, whether it's a linebacker or a trash-talker."
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stew wrote: »
    This ? post anything that say Pittsburgh Steelers on it

Fixed that for you.
  • NCswag
    NCswag Members Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17489225/washington-redskins-cb-josh-norman-says-respects-pittsburgh-steelers-qb-ben-roethlisberger-wr-antonio-brown
    Norman says he respects Roethlisberger, Brown

ASHBURN, Va. -- It's not a war of words Washington Redskins corner Josh Norman wants to get into with the Pittsburgh Steelers. It's a jersey swap.

Not that it'll happen. Two years ago, Steelers coach Mike Tomlin began prohibiting the team's players from engaging in them. But the overall point from Norman was simple. He has a healthy respect for two of the players he'll face Monday night: quarterback Ben Roethlisberger and receiver Antonio Brown.

"Oh my gosh, Big Ben, another great one," Norman said. "You look at the quarterbacks in this league, and Big Ben has been up there since he's been in the league. He's one of the great ones. I'll walk up to him and be like, 'Hey, can I get your jersey?'

"That's how much respect I've got for him. I don't ask for jerseys like that, until someone shows me they are great at what they do. Big Ben is that. That's the utmost respect I have for a quarterback."

Norman has been a focal point ever since he signed with Washington in the spring, following Carolina's decision to rescind the franchise tag it had placed on him. Part of it stems from his contract, worth $15 million a year, the highest for a corner. He has been in headlines for his matchup with Odell Beckham Jr., based on what happened last year and because they play twice this season.

Arizona corner Patrick Peterson poked fun at him on Twitter about a video from a Redskins practice that ended up on social media. But when it came to Roethlisberger and Brown, there was nothing but love from Norman. In fact, Norman can be a quiet player on the field, teammates say. Even Norman said he wouldn't trash talk with Brown, because he likes him.

"Watching him and what he's able to do is freakish," Norman said. "When you look at the receivers in the NFL you don't have to stop nowhere other than Antonio Brown. It starts and ends with him. That's going to be a tall task to take on, and I respect that. I'm looking forward to what he brings, because that matchup is going to be a physical one and a fun one. I have nothing but respect for that guy."

Monday will mark the first time Norman covers Brown in a game -- they didn't match up in a 2013 meeting -- but that respect extends as well to Roethlisberger, whom Norman called "cerebral."

"He can make all the throws," Norman said. "Shoot, his name speaks for itself: Big Ben. You can't take him down. He's good with his feet. That's the thing people don't realize and understand, that he can create things on the go, and he gets back there and he doesn't get flustered."

Earlier in the day, Roethlisberger said he didn't want to get lulled into any sort of verbal exchange.

"If you're trying to do that, that's when the game kind of falls apart, and the defender gets you," he said in a conference call with the Washington media. "That's what they want. I've been playing long enough not to fall into that trap, whether it's a corner, whether it's a linebacker or a trash-talker."

Norman getting the ? ready early. He know he about to get ? this year.
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Check out @derrick_daKidD's Tweet:

Saw this on my TL and thought about that top 5 receiver discussion we had on here a few weeks ago
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BlackAX410 wrote: »

Saw this on my TL and thought about that top 5 receiver discussion we had on here a few weeks ago

You think if romo targets dez like ben does brown you don't think dez number would be higher
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    En-Fuego22 wrote: »

You think if romo targets dez like ben does brown you don't think dez number would be higher

My statement from a few weeks about Dez still stands
  • Shizlansky
    Options

84 games 59 TDs
    86 games 38 TD

@BlackAX410
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »

84 games 59 TDs
    86 games 38 TD

@BlackAX410

Im aware of his touchdowns my statement still stands he has disappearing acts too much for me to consider him top 5
  • Shizlansky
    Options

84 games 59 TDs
    86 games 38 TD

@BlackAX410

Im aware of his touchdowns my statement still stands he has disappearing acts too much for me to consider him top 5

What ever ? .

If a ? can put up 21 TDs more TDs in 2 less games I'll take that ALL DAY.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    Brees finished 2015 with numbers remarkably similar to those from his 2009 Super Bowl campaign. He's the lone quarterback to generate a QBR score of 70 or higher in each of the past three seasons.

And ? keep saying he washed.
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • ZydecoShawty
    ZydecoShawty Members Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Brees finished 2015 with numbers remarkably similar to those from his 2009 Super Bowl campaign. He's the lone quarterback to generate a QBR score of 70 or higher in each of the past three seasons.

And ? keep saying he washed.

According to all these ? casuals on here, Brees can barely throw the ball pass 5 yards :/
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

84 games 59 TDs
    86 games 38 TD

@BlackAX410

You don't know what you're talking about. .people have stopped saying that years ago and I wasn't aware of your stance until now. Yall talk about cowboys and their players as much as cowboys fans do
  • tupacfan12
    Options

Cowboys are going to have you doing a lot of drinking and smoking, enjoy

kanye-laugh-serious.gif
  • bigev240
    bigev240 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 10,925 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Week 1 NFL TV map is up for the people that don't have NFL Ticket.

506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2016&wk=1
  • tupacfan12
    Options