Pete Rock Feels Like Colin Kaepernick For Stance Against "Mumble Rap"

Options

Comments

• MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Here is the thing nobody is talking about as far as this who lituation. Dolph and Lil ? Ass Boat have regional or small scale careers! Like i said in the reason interview i had hip hop is self healing itself.

Most of these mumble rappers albums are going triple wood. A few of them are getting plaques like Fetty and Future but 90% of them are easily replaced by the next mumble rapper. They aren't selling out arenas as headliners and are doing small venues and or radio shows.

Mumble rap fans are fickle. They travel like gypsies from one hit wonder to one hit wonder. Whereas Kendrick/TDE's roster, and Cole have loyal die hard fans who have stuck with them from their come up to now. By the way this ? dolph is 31 years old and has 1 album out. He really is not a young mumble rapper lol. Hip hop is not dead and it is ok from time to time to listen or vibe out to mumble rap. At the same time the loyal rap fans are behind the real ? .

See this is a perfect illustration. Its all about what they and Dolph are doing. Its gotten to the point where some of yall have just become negative. Insults and nonsense. While you got people doing their thing feeding their fans. Your in such a place that you look at a positive negatively. And worried about what they are doing and hoping to stop them and not even thinking or talking about what you actually like. All tied up and worried about hatin more than enjoying what you like. But at the end of the day, people make and listen to whats for them. Yall worried about something that just aint for you. Its not going to stop just continue to leave you behind. In that regard it doesnt matter.

I listen to mumble rap. I pulled out the park on labor day bumping that Wyclef Jean joint from Young Thugs new album. All i am saying is lil boat's ? ain't even popping on a level where he is climbing up the ladder of hip hop. His statements about not knowing pac songs have more exposure than his music actually does. That's not negative or positive it's facts.
    lol man ? what a east coast ? gotta say on here. These the same ? that said Beamer, Benz, and Bentleys was bringing NY back.

Lol i was dying at that post you had in the orig pete rock thread that got buried. Not gunna like that was funny ? about nba street vol 2 lmao. ? was a classic video game.
  • ChillaDaKilla
    ChillaDaKilla Members, Banned Users Posts: 7,082 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I agree with Pete....although attacking Dolph here doesn't make sense because Dolph Don't Mumble......he's not Yachty or Kodak or the rest of these no nuthin ?

He actually raps
  • NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Options
    The "culture" down here in my city is actually more do you instead of worrying about what the next man does if its not hurting you. So there are obviously "cultural" differences so somebody else's interpretation or how they limit themselves isnt going to be mine. Been a pretty entertaining convo. I guess if you cant understand it it aint for you? unless you just like the music. South dudes are going to sound like where they are from thats not going to stop. Thats one of the main things that makes and has made it popular. They not going to artificially sound like whats not as popular haha. They would just make music for the South/those who like it...kinda like it is now in a way. Its just other areas dig it too.
    Also how does this compare to Kaep? There is no comparing the "issues"
  • freethewave
    freethewave Members Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Max b started this mumble rap and remains the greatest at it
  • tompetrez3
    tompetrez3 Members Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? Pete Rock. He is just using this an excuse to attack south. Why the ? bitter dusty old east coast ? wont just focus their attention on bringing their own ? city back to some sort of dignity instead of worrying about the ? we doing. He is not CK in any stretch. bitter east coast ? whining and hating on young southern artists has been going on since 90s. If he really wanted to fight the power he can start right there in birth place and address the executives who buildings and business operations are in NYC. The labels are distrubting the music. NY Radio is willingly playing southern records. Puffy, Jay Z, 50 Cent will sign a southern artist at drop of hat. Time for NY ? to wake up and take some responsibility. You can blame south until cows come home but its yall ? fault the reason game turned into what it is. He aint said ? about shiny suit era. he aint said ? about producing all those tracks for ? in mafioso era. He worked at radio station in 90s-2000s and played the ? he whining about on future flavors

And that set it off gif was so ? ? . who ever decide to bump some rakim while riding in a drop top 64 on daytons deserve to be in a head on collision. I was at car show in July thugger, dolph, future, booming out of over 2,000 cars. ? hitch hiking begging to ride with ? that got live music, mumbling and dancing in they cars. Only white folks bump "real hip hop" as riding music cause they aint out in the streets. How the ? you gonna legit bend a corner to i aint no joke?
  • BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? shouldn't call it mumble rap tho
    It's clear what ? is sayin
    The only 1 mumbling is desiigner
    the rest are just wack
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's a young folk game how he gonna tell the youngins what to like?
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This thread is od quiet
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This reminds me of the time when Ice-T went at Soulja Boy.

Pretty much history repeating itself. Old heads going at corny new heads.
  • achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lmao @ Pete Rock produced mafiaso records...
  • AggieLean.
    AggieLean. Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I mess with some mumble rap, but let's get this clear, mumble rap ain't country rap tunes. The sound ain't the same, and mumble rap don't hit ya soul like country rap do
  • robblr86
    robblr86 Members Posts: 405 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    At the end of the day, nobody listens to Pete Rock. ? like Future, Travis and some of these other ? aint going anywhere. Hell, NYC sound is southern now. Deal with it lil ?
  • robblr86
    Options
    Hell, the hottest rapper for the last year mumbles. Just sounds like some bitter east coast old heads imo. ? think they can handcuff and control an entire genre.
  • sr_the_freshman
    sr_the_freshman Members Posts: 2,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    robblr86 wrote: »
    Hell, the hottest rapper for the last year mumbles. Just sounds like some bitter east coast old heads imo. ? think they can handcuff and control an entire genre.

Hottest rapper of the past year has ghostwriters. Another problem entirely.

Dig ya ass out of that wack delusion your experiencing.
  • robblr86
    Options

Future ? ... Not Drake.

Also, is Pete Rock even relevant? Lol
    Nobody knows him outside the NYC metro area. He should drop a track if he doesn't like the direction of music.
  • sr_the_freshman
    sr_the_freshman Members Posts: 2,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Future ? ... Not Drake.

Also, is Pete Rock even relevant? Lol
    Nobody knows him outside the NYC metro area. He should drop a track if he doesn't like the direction of music.

I know who your talkin' about ? . I'm telling you Future is not the hottest ? of the past year.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The "culture" down here in my city is actually more do you instead of worrying about what the next man does if its not hurting you. So there are obviously "cultural" differences so somebody else's interpretation or how they limit themselves isnt going to be mine. Been a pretty entertaining convo. I guess if you cant understand it it aint for you? unless you just like the music. South dudes are going to sound like where they are from thats not going to stop. Thats one of the main things that makes and has made it popular. They not going to artificially sound like whats not as popular haha. They would just make music for the South/those who like it...kinda like it is now in a way. Its just other areas dig it too.
    Also how does this compare to Kaep? There is no comparing the "issues"

didn't read
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why did that post he wrote sound like some ? that one of the lil ? would have written though?

That ? is grown, he should write like a grown man too.
  • AggieLean.
    AggieLean. Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    No, I can't cosign these new niccas. I am all about real south music at the end of the day. These mumble rappers are on their own in this war

Right. I'm southern to the core, and not ashamed to admit I'm countrier than a mafucka but a lot of this new sht I can't cosign. It's not just the south...it's all over. Very few of these new ? dropping that soulful sht, that UGK Ball & G and Outkast sht. I was listening to Paid Dues by Ball & G and told my partna few of these youngstas out now could make a junt like this.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    These mumble aficionados really came swinging defending their ? , huh?
  • c.h.i.p.
    c.h.i.p. Members Posts: 202 ✭✭
    Options
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I blame these labels more than anyone
  • MarcusGarvey
    MarcusGarvey Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Y'all still listen to rap? Heavy? ? embarrassing