Eric Garner’s killer NYPD pig Daniel Pantaleo’s pay rises to $120G while working desk duty.. Smh...

Options
stringer bell
stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/chokehold-salary-rises-killing-eric-garner-article-1.2789313
NYPD cop Daniel Pantaleo’s pay rises to $120G while working desk duty since killing Eric Garner

Chokeholds apparently pay at the NYPD.

The cop whose chokehold immediately preceded Eric Garner’s death two years ago earned a hefty $119,996 from the department in fiscal year 2016, a jaw-dropping amount that’s $20,000 more than what he was making before he was placed on modified duty after Garner’s death.

Officer Daniel Pantaleo also had a sizable pay bump in fiscal 2015, which began just weeks before the unarmed Garner was killed during what should have been a routine bust for selling loose cigarettes, a misdemeanor.

That year, Pantaleo, who has been on modified duty since Garner’s death, somehow made $105,061 with overtime.

His base pay was $76,488 — as it was in fiscal year 2014, when he made a total of $99,915 with overtime while working as a plainclothes anti-crime cop.

In fiscal year 2016, which ended in July, his base pay was bumped up to $78,026 — and he somehow made a total of $119,996 while riding a desk. Over $23,000 of that was in overtime, while another $12,853 came from “unspecified pay,” which Politico New York reported could include bonuses or retroactive pay.

A spokesman for the NYPD downplayed the salary hikes as routine.

“At times, officers are required to work beyond their scheduled tour of duty; this includes officers on modified assignment,” said the spokesman.

But Garner’s relatives — already fuming about the city’s refusal to release disciplinary records for Pantaleo — were outraged.

His daughter Erica Garner tweeted, “This seems like movies. A bad one. No justice, no records, mayor tells me all lives matter. Pantaleo gets a bonus.”

Advocates for police reform also cried foul.

“It’s the epitome of an insult to New Yorkers in general, and particularly those of us who have stood by the Garner family,” said the Rev. Al Sharpton.

“I’m not only concerned about this raise. I’m concerned why is he even on the force?”

City Council Speaker Melissa Mark-Viverito said it was “appalling” Pantaleo got such an OT haul.

“The vast majority of men and women who serve the NYPD treat the public with respect and are selfless civil servants, but Officer Pantaleo is not one of them. He should not be rewarded for his reprehensible actions,” she said.

Police Commissioner Bill Bratton has said the NYPD has concluded its investigation into the incident, but will wait until after the outcome of a federal civil rights probe into Garner’s death before proceeding with any disciplinary charges.

If convicted of departmental charges, Pantaleo could face a range of penalties, including losing his job.

It’s unclear when the investigation by the Brooklyn U.S. attorney’s office will wrap up. The News reported that prosecutors began presenting evidence to a federal grand jury this past February.

Pantaleo, 31, was stripped of his badge and gun and placed on desk duty in the Staten Island borough command in the aftermath of Garner’s death.

Although the department won’t release his disciplinary records, the back-to-back pay increases suggest he was not disciplined in any way that affects his wallet.

A union rep and a lawyer for Pantaleo both declined to comment on the salary increases, which were first reported by Politico New York.

Mayor de Blasio, speaking at an unrelated news conference, said he didn’t know enough about the raises when asked about them by reporters.

“I don’t know specifically how the Police Department handles assignments for people on that kind of (desk duty) status, so you have to go to the Police Department for that one,” de Blasio said.

After the news conference, the mayor’s spokesman said of the raises, “The mayor has spoken to the incoming police commissioner and this situation will be addressed.” He declined to elaborate.

The news comes at a crucial time for de Blasio, who has made improving the relationship between the NYPD and black communities a central part of his mayoralty.

But in an official statement Erica Garner put out late Monday, she blasted de Blasio for “writing the citizens of NYC a bad check” and said he’s failed to make good on Dante de Blasio’s boast that his dad would end the era of stop-and-frisk policing.

“Mayor Bill De Blasio has not only failed to fully deliver on that promise, but has decided to engage in business as usual by covering it up and rewarding of Officer Pantaleo,” her statement said.

“It is my most sincere prayer that the voters of NYC remember this the next time he asks us for his vote,” she concluded.

The mayor’s office didn’t immediately respond to requests for comment.

Comments

• Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sickening.

Murderers for hire are what they are.
  • rickmogul
    rickmogul Members Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thnx for the article Stringer. This doesn't even upset me anymore.W hile I'll never concede, they got us in this lifetime. I asked myself a long told ago "would u wanna give up home court advantage" in the name of equality? I move under the radar and build with my fam and friends every chance I get. We got it on the otherside. Stay up!
  • Vellum
    Vellum Members Posts: 471 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Well, it wasnt a pay raise. Most of that is likely bonuses, and the rest probably overtime as stated in the below article.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3786578/Outage-Eric-Garner-chokehold-cop-Daniel-Pantaleo-31-sees-pay-jump-20-000-jaw-dropping-120-000-despite-desk-duty-demotion.html

With that said, 120,000 grand after putting someone blatantly in a chokehold over loosies, causing them to die, then doing little to nothing to bring him back to life is deplorable.

? grand jurys. Americans are stupid. Theyre barely even human in their extreme levels of stupidity. How the ? you dont see that as a blatant chokehold, and unnecessary escalation that lead to his death over some ? loosies, as being anything but criminal is infuriating to me.

I dare someone do that to my family member, and not suffer the consequences. If there is a ? , he/she wouldnt wish my wrath on you as a result of your behavior.

? , the eric garner case really riles me up bruh. That video ? me the ? off.
  • Allah_U_Akbar
    Allah_U_Akbar Members Posts: 11,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And your boy Trump had the nerve to say that law enforcement gets treated badly in this country.

Please, ? , let somebody assassinate this ? .
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    How tf was he making 100k already tho
  • Vellum
    Options

He wasnt. He was making 78k as his base salary. Like i said in my post, it was bonuses and overtime. This was also said in the OP's post. He did not get a pay raise.

How did some of you make it this far in life? You wont try to go catch a bus without looking at the schedule, but yet you have an opinion on something without reading anything on said topic.

Strangest behavior in people.
  • SolemnSauce
    SolemnSauce Members Posts: 15,860 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    cops make a good bit of money, never knew that
  • Brother_Five
    Brother_Five Members Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    what shall we do about it?
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Vellum wrote: »

He wasnt. He was making 78k as his base salary. Like i said in my post, it was bonuses and overtime. This was also said in the OP's post. He did not get a pay raise.

How did some of you make it this far in life? You wont try to go catch a bus without looking at the schedule, but yet you have an opinion on something without reading anything on said topic.

my ? watch your tone and yourself....@atribecalledgabi will not be disrespected.....

I think he is a white guy
  • Vellum
    Options

my ? watch your tone and yourself....@atribecalledgabi will not be disrespected.....

(Adjust monocle)I don't know who either of you are, nor do i care. I'm correcting a problem, albeit in rude form, of people simply not reading anything ever.

When you buy a new computer, you scan the manual, and watch the tutorial if you have no previous experience, yes? This is basic common sense. Common behavior for a logical and rational human. So i am perplexed by seeing so many people not read what is not hidden, but right in front of them, in order to get the answers to their own questions.

giphy.gif
  • Vellum
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »

I think he is a white guy

How many more times will you morons continue to assert this? Are you all that scared of white people? Do you enjoy stereotyping black men as incapable of individual thought, as to not agree with your idiotic conspiracy theories, and ignorant positions on the political and social issues we face in this country? Ive never eluded to being white in any way other than being a logical, rational, and informed individual thinker. Not being a subservient sheep like the rest of you ? .

Calling a black man a white guy as some type of a slur makes you simply look like a ? . How long must our community continue to have this conversation. It will not go away. This slur of calling someone black, white, as if to denounce anything they have of value to say simply because of the color of their skin. Youre using the tactics of racist in order to try to achieve unity with black people. How genius of you!!!

What an unaccomplished buffoon you are.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The cop whose chokehold immediately preceded Eric Garner’s death two years ago earned a hefty $119,996 from the department in fiscal year 2016
    His base pay was $76,488 — as it was in fiscal year 2014, when he made a total of $99,915 with overtime while working as a plainclothes anti-crime cop.

Shut yo long winded ass up and don't quote me again

“.....nugga"....is the end if that sentence
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

(Adjust monocle)I don't know who either of you are, nor do i care. I'm correcting a problem, albeit in rude form, of people simply not reading anything ever.

When you buy a new computer, you scan the manual, and watch the tutorial if you have no previous experience, yes? This is basic common sense. Common behavior for a logical and rational human. So i am perplexed by seeing so many people not read what is not hidden, but right in front of them, in order to get the answers to their own questions.

giphy.gif

I ain't reading none of that b....if she was erroneous in her statement u simply correct...there s no need for the added condesending statement
  • Vellum
    Options

The cop whose chokehold immediately preceded Eric Garner’s death two years ago earned a hefty $119,996 from the department in fiscal year 2016

Thank you for proving yourself wrong. I appreciate your valiant effort. Hopefully i dont have to quote you again, and you learned your lesson.

giphy.gif

• atribecalledgabi
    Options
    Copper wrote: »

Lol.

And watch his ? try to backtrack and say "well his base was....and raises...." like anybody asked any of that ? . The fact of the matter is he made 100k. Idgaf how it was accrued.
  • Vellum
    Options

Lol.

And watch his ? try to backtrack and say "well his base was....and raises...." like anybody asked any of that ? . The fact of the matter is he made 100k. Idgaf how it was accrued.

I dont need to backtrack. You said, "how was he making 100k already though". Implying this was some sort of base salary. I mean you could play stupid your way out of your own comments for sure, but if i was to interpret that as a normal human being, it would be that you think hes already making 100k as a base salary, and you wouldnt have ever said that if you actually read the OP.

But you can take the win if it will make you feel better. Youre right, im wrong.
  • optimistic
    optimistic Members Posts: 659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    But I thought all cops make $40,000 a year.
    Isn't that the go to number when they want sympathy after they blatantly do some ? up ? ?
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    optimistic wrote: »
    Isn't that the go to number when they want sympathy after they blatantly do some ? up ? ?

I think they start round 60 to 70
  • Mseries_
    Mseries_ Members Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I think they start round 60 to 70

It depends on the City/ Town and what the tax base is. So if your city has hella large corporations and home owners it's more likely they have higher police salaries.

One cop in one of the richer CT suburbs round my way managed to rack up close to 300k in annual salary most of it overtime and private duty work ( watching construction workers scratch their butt) the Town was mad about it but it was all within his union rights to cash out.
  • atribecalledgabi
    Options

Lol.

I dont need to backtrack. You said, "how was he making 100k already though". Implying this was some sort of base salary. I mean you could play stupid your way out of your own comments for sure, but if i was to interpret that as a normal human being, it would be that you think hes already making 100k as a base salary, and you wouldnt have ever said that if you actually read the OP.

But you can take the win if it will make you feel better. Youre right, im wrong.

1. I told you not to quote me anymore
    2. I didn't imply anything. I didn't ask "why" because i wanted breakdown of his check. I asked why as in "how is he allowed to make that much when they tell us cops make such ? pay. A yearly take home of 100k sounds nice even in ny." You seem to be the only one that didn't understand that. If you didn't get it you could've asked me to elaborate and saved yourself the keystrokes.
    3. Don't quote me again.
  • Brother_Five
    Brother_Five Members Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    100k for him and 4 or 5 others to arrest one dude for allegedly selling loose cigs...
  • Vellum
    Options

THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS!! I wish someone who goes on tv and gets interviewed would simply point this ? out. 40k a year isnt even their average. A single cop basically makes the median household income in america. One person.