Kid Cudi puts Kanye and Drake in the same box in twitter rant (Kanye Responds "Cudi I Birthed You")

Options

Comments

• joshrock
    joshrock Members Posts: 239 ✭✭
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    joshrock wrote: »
    He's right, but watch the capes come out for ? 's favorite steroid rapper. Cudi influenced 60% of today's sound, Drizzle Drake included and more recently, Travis Scott..
    Inb4 ? this coke head like you ? aren't bumpin a lean addict's music.

popcorn_2.gif

Sidenote, I know you intuitive ? are seeing the inside industry upheaval going on. Writers, true artists and MCs are becoming disgruntled. I'm here for the revolution and subsequent witch hunt.

Andre.
    PND.
    Pete Rock.
    Cudi.
    Ect.

Ghostwriters been around since the inception of rap music and people have always spoken about it. The ? doing it and the ? who have used ghost writers, it's always been there...This ain't new, it ain't no revolution because ? going to keep cashing those ghost writing checks, and keep moving along.

You keep repeating this ? , and have no evidence.

Kanye is open about his writers.
    Drake got exposed and we have full reference tracks.

Until yall can provide full versed reference cuts or SOMETHING outside of first hand accounts about rappers whom arent even considered in the top 5 (IE Dr Dre), then this blanket statement about everyone having writers prior to now has 0 merit. Andre doesn't seem to think so. Neither does any other Hip-Hop head on this site.

Huh? Not all rappers have ghostwriters but its known that whats considered by many as the "first rap song" has ghostwriters. Go ask Grandmaster Caz.

First big hit rap song, not the first rap song. Caz wrote Hank's verse

Lets not split hairs b. There's a reason I put that ? in quotes.
  • sr_the_freshman
    sr_the_freshman Members Posts: 2,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He's right, but watch the capes come out for ? 's favorite steroid rapper. Cudi influenced 60% of today's sound, Drizzle Drake included and more recently, Travis Scott..

popcorn_2.gif

Sidenote, I know you intuitive ? are seeing the inside industry upheaval going on. Writers, true artists and MCs are becoming disgruntled. I'm here for the revolution and subsequent witch hunt.

Andre.
    PND.
    Pete Rock.
    Cudi.
    Ect.

Ghostwriters been around since the inception of rap music and people have always spoken about it. The ? doing it and the ? who have used ghost writers, it's always been there...This ain't new, it ain't no revolution because ? going to keep cashing those ghost writing checks, and keep moving along.

Until yall can provide full versed reference cuts or SOMETHING outside of first hand accounts about rappers whom arent even considered in the top 5 (IE Dr Dre), then this blanket statement about everyone having writers prior to now has 0 merit. Andre doesn't seem to think so. Neither does any other Hip-Hop head on this site.

I never once said everyone has ghostwriters. Don't try to make an extreme twist on what I said to try and make your point. We've had ? like Skillz who've been around since the 90's talking about how they're ghostwriters, he's made his whole career being a ghost writer and making those year end wrapups. Jadakiss has said he's written for other artists, and I'm not talking about just Diddy, Beanie Sigel said on the podcast w/ Taxstone he's written for other artists before, there was a thread a few months back with Twista saying he's used ghost written lyrics before, and there's been plenty more to say they've written for other people. The Drake situation is the 1st time we've had reference songs, but it damn sure ain't the first time the topic of rappers having ghost writers has come up before.

Name Names ? .
    I dont give a ? about the topic coming up. Im talking about actual tangible accounts of ? considered top tier getting credited for greatness when their pen is in question.

You are still out here with passing anecdotes. Jadakiss wrote for who? Kiss is considered top 10 to some, as is his cohort Styles. Styles just got done saying in his Taxstone he writes his own ? .
    Skillz wrote for who?
    Was he writing full verses for said who ? ? Did Twista have full verses written like Drake's references?
    Is said who ? considered top tier?

Who?

waiting.gif

The only response anyone who's ever said they've ghost wrote for people is "I'm not going to say who I wrote for"...that's the point of being a ghost writer. You don't give up the name of the person you wrote for. You're asking for answers them ? ain't going to never give. So either you accept that within rap there's always been some rappers who've written for others, or because Drake is the only person who's had reference tracks leak you can think he's the only high level rapper to ever have used a ghost writer...but common sense should tell you by that ain't true.

Wrong. Common sense would tell me that high level rappers would have major leakage in terms of who wrote what just like Kanye if they had writers. And the only 'high level' rapper we hear about is indeed, Kanye and Drake, whom we have droves of evidence.

You had one whimper about Nas, and that was disproven and he vehemently denied it.
    Jay to this day is known as the ? who dont even write because hes to busy freestyling his ? . (See Travis Scott's Hot 97 interview from last week).
    Andre just got done saying he writes his own ? .
    The Lox writes their own ? as Styles mentioned.
    Common's pen has never been questioned.
    Lupe's pen has never been questioned.

As a matter of fact, your argument is ? because as little as we've heard accounts of ghostwriting in the game? We've heard WAAAY more slander and artists speaking down upon it. So common sense would tell you that it was, at the very least, not popular.'

Just because you hear rumors of some ? does not mean you accept it as industry standard. You address the problem as a lover of the sport / game.
  • twentyfivelighters
    twentyfivelighters Members Posts: 4,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well at least Cudders has that HBO and vitamin water money....
  • joshrock
    joshrock Members Posts: 239 ✭✭
    Options
    Well at least Cudders has that HBO and vitamin water money....

joshrock Posts: 135 ✭✭✭
    4:42PM

? was gravy when he was on ? HBO series though. Guess those checks got fully spent already.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options

popcorn_2.gif

Andre.
    PND.
    Pete Rock.
    Cudi.
    Ect.

I never once said everyone has ghostwriters. Don't try to make an extreme twist on what I said to try and make your point. We've had ? like Skillz who've been around since the 90's talking about how they're ghostwriters, he's made his whole career being a ghost writer and making those year end wrapups. Jadakiss has said he's written for other artists, and I'm not talking about just Diddy, Beanie Sigel said on the podcast w/ Taxstone he's written for other artists before, there was a thread a few months back with Twista saying he's used ghost written lyrics before, and there's been plenty more to say they've written for other people. The Drake situation is the 1st time we've had reference songs, but it damn sure ain't the first time the topic of rappers having ghost writers has come up before.

Name Names ? .
    I dont give a ? about the topic coming up. Im talking about actual tangible accounts of ? considered top tier getting credited for greatness when their pen is in question.

You are still out here with passing anecdotes. Jadakiss wrote for who? Kiss is considered top 10 to some, as is his cohort Styles. Styles just got done saying in his Taxstone he writes his own ? .
    Skillz wrote for who?
    Was he writing full verses for said who ? ? Did Twista have full verses written like Drake's references?

Who?

waiting.gif

The only response anyone who's ever said they've ghost wrote for people is "I'm not going to say who I wrote for"...that's the point of being a ghost writer. You don't give up the name of the person you wrote for. You're asking for answers them ? ain't going to never give. So either you accept that within rap there's always been some rappers who've written for others, or because Drake is the only person who's had reference tracks leak you can think he's the only high level rapper to ever have used a ghost writer...but common sense should tell you by that ain't true.

Wrong. Common sense would tell me that high level rappers would have major leakage in terms of who wrote what just like Kanye if they had writers. And the only 'high level' rapper we hear about is indeed, Kanye and Drake, whom we have droves of evidence.

You had one whimper about Nas, and that was disproven and he vehemently denied it.
    Jay to this day is known as the ? who dont even write because hes to busy freestyling his ? . (See Travis Scott's Hot 97 interview from last week).

As a matter of fact, your argument is ? because as little as we've heard accounts of ghostwriting in the game? We've heard WAAAY more slander and artists speaking down upon it. So common sense would tell you that it was, at the very least, not popular.'

Just because you hear rumors of some ? does not mean you accept it as industry standard. You address the problem as a lover of the sport / game.

So you're saying the ? who have came out their mouths and said they've ghost written songs for other people are lying? Media coverage of rap wasn't as intense in the past as it is now in that there was nowhere near as much access to rappers and their creative process as we do now. You weren't getting studio footage of rappers in the mass amount we get now. Many behind the scenes people were just that, behind the scenes. They didn't have twitter and instagram pages to talk about what they were doing, now they do. It's never been accepted as something the best MC's do, but you can go look at any number of interviews rappers have done through the decades and see them being asked about ghost writers and all of them have had a negative reaction to it. Nobody has ever said "Yeah, that ? is cool. Your pen game is still respected"...they've always said there's rappers that use ghost writers, and those rappers aren't truly respected among their peers because it's well known in industry circles who uses them. Again, Drake is the 1st to be exposed on a public level, but to say rappers haven't been talking about other's rappers using ghost writers publicly before this or "as little accounts as we've heard" is showing your own lack of hip hop knowledge.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? now acting like Cudi didn't birth Drakes sound?

Lemme guess, Drake is so original right? Travis Scott, ASAP Rocky who folks swear is original. Some of y'all take y'all hate for Cudi too deep. It don't take a genius to see his influence. This the same dude that wrote 808s and Heartbreak. Y'all the same folks who ignore the fact Take care was mostly all Weeknd influence

Nah man that's a reach imo, if cudi birthed it it'd b him enjoying superstardom as well instead he's crying about being a songwriter that writes songs. If anything it's in indirect influence thru 808s, Drake influence come more from big Sean, Houston, Wayne, n phonte. ASAP Rocky influence come from bone, Houston, and 36 mafia ull have to b deaf not to hear that. I'll give cudi credit for 808's n Travis But other than that y'all gotta get the ? out with that wack ass dude, no hate he just garbage musically. N take care had weekend imprints. A few hooks/concepts weeknd gave Drake, no different from him giving in vein to Ross or remember me to wiz
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We GON pretend like Cudi didn't have a huge influence ? Lmao ok
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    AggyAF wrote: »
    We GON pretend like Cudi didn't have a huge influence ? Lmao ok

Feel free to elaborate since everyone else keeps either crying or saying "we gon act like....."
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    Cuz if these ? sounded just like cudi I'd prolly b one of these "only likes 90's rap" ass ?
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    ? now acting like Cudi didn't birth Drakes sound?

Lemme guess, Drake is so original right? Travis Scott, ASAP Rocky who folks swear is original. Some of y'all take y'all hate for Cudi too deep. It don't take a genius to see his influence. This the same dude that wrote 808s and Heartbreak. Y'all the same folks who ignore the fact Take care was mostly all Weeknd influence

Nah man that's a reach imo, if cudi birthed it it'd b him enjoying superstardom as well instead he's crying about being a songwriter that writes songs. If anything it's in indirect influence thru 808s, Drake influence come more from big Sean, Houston, Wayne, n phonte. ASAP Rocky influence come from bone, Houston, and 36 mafia ull have to b deaf not to hear that. I'll give cudi credit for 808's n Travis But other than that y'all gotta get the ? out with that wack ass dude, no hate he just garbage musically. N take care had weekend imprints. A few hooks/concepts weeknd gave Drake, no different from him giving in vein to Ross or remember me to wiz

Listen to 808s then listen to 90% of commercial rap today. You'd be a damn liar/hater if you didn't acknowledge the influence.

So future, Migos, Cole , k dot, etc all fall under this too? 90% is a reach, an epic one
  • sr_the_freshman
    Options
    Listen to 808s then listen to 90% of commercial rap today. You'd be a damn liar/hater if you didn't acknowledge the influence.

Not only this, but listen to A Kid Named Cudi and then listen to ambient cuts off of So Far Gone (2009) like Houstatlantavegas and ? for Life. The instrumentals are heavily influenced from the ambiant spacey sound Cudi and Plain Pat pioneered in 2008.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    edited September 2016
    Options
    U mean the same plain Pat who was already working with ye b4 cudi?
    nawledge_? wrote: »
    Theres Something In The Water In Ohio nh
    kid-cuddi-crop-top.jpeg
    I stand corrected he influenced young thug n/h
  • sr_the_freshman
    Options

popcorn_2.gif

Andre.
    PND.
    Pete Rock.
    Cudi.
    Ect.

Name Names ? .

Skillz wrote for who?

Who?

waiting.gif

So you're saying the ? who have came out their mouths and said they've ghost written songs for other people are lying? Media coverage of rap wasn't as intense in the past as it is now in that there was nowhere near as much access to rappers and their creative process as we do now. You weren't getting studio footage of rappers in the mass amount we get now. Many behind the scenes people were just that, behind the scenes. They didn't have twitter and instagram pages to talk about what they were doing, now they do. It's never been accepted as something the best MC's do, but you can go look at any number of interviews rappers have done through the decades and see them being asked about ghost writers and all of them have had a negative reaction to it. Nobody has ever said "Yeah, that ? is cool. Your pen game is still respected"...they've always said there's rappers that use ghost writers, and those rappers aren't truly respected among their peers because it's well known in industry circles who uses them. Again, Drake is the 1st to be exposed on a public level, but to say rappers haven't been talking about other's rappers using ghost writers publicly before this or "as little accounts as we've heard" is showing your own lack of hip hop knowledge.

No ? . You are moving the goal post.

At no point have I ever said ghostwriters have never been discussed. That is a non point. If anything, like I said in the last post, it was frowned upon and heavily scoffed at.

The argument is, was it ever accepted and have ? ever gotten a pass like Drake?

No one is calling Kiss and them liars and your lowkey playing willful ignorance and putting words in my mouth because you have no referential information to debate this ? .

The ? that they wrote for are non factors in the top 5-10 discussion. That is the point. Unless you can prove otherwise, then you have no argument. We know The Lox wrote for Puff. We don't care because Puff isnt considered top 5.

Do we give a ? if Lil Uzi is writing for Lil Yachty? Not really, they probably should both be annexed from the game.

Jadakiss writing for Jay-Z? Another story entirely. But if ? as high caliber as Hov had ghostwriters, it would have been exposed by now. He in particularly has too many enemies which only adds credence to my argument.
  • blackrain
    Options
    How do you know they're non factors if they've never revealed who they've written for? I already said when Kiss has talked about ghost writing he said he's done it for more people than just Diddy. I'm not moving the goal post you're just not getting that this revolution you think is happening and the fact that one of the most popular rappers in the game at the moment has used ghost writers is something new when for decades now rappers have been doing interviews saying that popular rappers in the past have used ghost writers. Being that it's never been exposed to this level before even though it's always been actively frowned upon the fact that nobody has been exposed on this level before means that yes, it was getting a "pass" because no ghost writer wanted to ? up their money and out who they were writing for.
  • andre_1024
    andre_1024 Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As a Cudi fan, just get back to making dope music man.

He always has good points in these rants but always comes off as ? and whining.
  • sr_the_freshman
    edited September 2016
    Options
    How do you know they're non factors if they've never revealed who they've written for? I already said when Kiss has talked about ghost writing he said he's done it for more people than just Diddy. I'm not moving the goal post you're just not getting that this revolution you think is happening and the fact that one of the most popular rappers in the game at the moment has used ghost writers is something new when for decades now rappers have been doing interviews saying that popular rappers in the past have used ghost writers. Being that it's never been exposed to this level before even though it's always been actively frowned upon the fact that nobody has been exposed on this level before means that yes, it was getting a "pass" because no ghost writer wanted to ? up their money and out who they were writing for.

How do you know they are? There is more credence to think that they weren't because of the ? I just mentioned.

I'm not acting on assumptions. I'm acting on what information we have, and the status quo of past times.
    You are acting on an assumption.

Once again, @ bolded who? This time your implying that said acts were popular. No names? No debate.

Edit: Also, Your failing to realize that ? who are considered top 5 outside of the late BIG and Pac are still popular today. So yes, if an exposure was going to happen, we've had years to see it done. All the ? I named have been hot for years.
  • sr_the_freshman
    edited September 2016
    Options
    U mean the same plain Pat who was already working with ye b4 cudi?

Has nothing to do with the sound of those So Far Gone cuts sounding like Cudi's ? .
  • smp4life
    smp4life Members Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? must have missed the part where it's been mentioned 808s is basically a Cudi album curated by Kanye
  • blackrain
    edited September 2016
    Options

How do you know they are? There is more credence to think that they weren't because of the ? I just mentioned.

I'm not acting on assumptions. I'm acting on what information we have, and the status quo of past times.

Once again, @ bolded who? This time your implying that said acts were popular. No names? No debate.

Edit: Also, Your failing to realize that ? who are considered top 5 outside of the late BIG and Pac are still popular today. So yes, if an exposure was going to happen, we've had years to see it done. All the ? I named have been hot for years.

If you keep saying no names, no debate then you are pretty much saying that rappers like Kiss, Sigel, Jay, etc who've openly said they've ghost written songs are lying then because they've given no names about who they've written for. No rapper has ever come out and blatantly said who they've written for, as you said before nobody counts Dre or Puffy, so using your logic they're just lying about being ghost writers. You're asking for answers the very people who say they're doing the writing have also said they won't ever reveal
  • sr_the_freshman
    edited September 2016
    Options

If you keep saying no names, no debate then you are pretty much saying that rappers like Kiss, Sigel, Jay, etc who've openly said they've ghost written songs are lying then because they've given no names about who they've written for. No rapper has ever come out and blatantly said who they've written for, as you said before nobody counts Dre or Puffy, so using your logic they're just lying about being ghost writers.

Willful ignorance. No. That is not what I'm saying.

Stop reaching. I am saying that, with no names provided, there can be no argument about the caliber of MC they are allegedly ghostwriting for. And unless they are writing for the the type of ? I listed, then it doesn't matter nearly as much as a Drake / Kanye situation. And if they indeed were writing for the type of ? I listed, there would have been some kind of leak by now as has been openly shared within Kanye's camp, or exposure style like Drake. All top 5 candidates are alive and well in this social media age, save for 2 or 3 ? rest their soul. That is the bottom line.

You have literally nothing to argue with dawg. You out here lookin like this.

hook-rw-reaching-o.gif