Kid Cudi puts Kanye and Drake in the same box in twitter rant (Kanye Responds "Cudi I Birthed You")

Options

Comments

• BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Don't understand the kid Cudi hype, always thought he was wack I don't get this influential thing he always crying
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BlackAX410 wrote: »
    Don't understand the kid Cudi hype, always thought he was wack I don't get this influential thing he always crying

it's no hype , just the usual cats who mad Drake is winning rushing in to cosign anything against him. which is why the jay warriors ran in here yelling about how cudi wasn't lying !! lol one of Kanye writers crying about rappers having writers lol can't make this stuff up.
  • KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Please stop. ? didn't even want to be a rapper 3 or 4 years ago when it looked like the acting thing was going to take off. Now he's back and going at the rappers and shouting at giants. ? outta here. Released two trash ass albums, a dope ass mixtape that brought him to the table, and now want to take over.

Avon's ether to Stringer is so potent and applies to all these mid-tier rappers trying to show their diversity: They cats with no country. They ain't got the heart to be fully in the rap game, but they not good enough to play in other arenas. This WHOLE rant is basically a dude that ain't been popping in a minute and mad he shut his own window chasing Ducktales.

"You'll be part of the new Entourage on HBO!"

"? music!"

*Show is canceled*

"Yo, lemme ..."

"Nah, but write that verse tho."

"Ok, but can I..."

"Do that dance in the back tho. That ? hot!"

"Aight... but..."

His whole GOOD Music tenure in a nutshell.
  • BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DaBull wrote: »
    BlackAX410 wrote: »

it's no hype , just the usual cats who mad Drake is winning rushing in to cosign anything against him. which is why the jay warriors ran in here yelling about how cudi wasn't lying !! lol one of Kanye writers crying about rappers having writers lol can't make this stuff up.

You a ?
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I'm going back n reading n I'm dying, ? said "this a flagship moment!" "Y'all idiots validate Drake!" "it's 100% of people against that ? ? !" " I'm here for the revolution and witch-hunt"

That mane on ? ?
  • Lebong James
    Lebong James Members Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Went to the Pablo tour tonight. He dissed Cudi by saying he birthed him and he is "so hurt". Said a lot more but I was hammered
  • blacktux
    blacktux Members Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Chicity wrote: »
    Kayne humor is underrated

And I'm mad ? mention the Love Below and completely disregard Common's Electric Circus

Didnt jam or have the success love below had.

• StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol at motm impacting more than love below
    Sion wrote: »
    blackrain wrote: »
    blacktux wrote: »
    Who did this dude influence?

Andre 3k made all that ? these cats doing today cool with "the love below", that album completely shifted the direction of the while game.

Not only did that ? jam, but it was successful.

This dude not successful as an artist in context, hes successful as a ghostwriter.

LMFAO at that comparison to wayne. You serious?!?

You haven't realized it by now? ? in The Reason love the underdog...whoever is playing that role at the moment gets their support even if they've ? on him in the past for being a representative of everything they hate about the current generation which is an emo, skinny jean wearing overly emotional dude known more for his rants on twitter than his actual musical output

This is the truth to a T. Just WAIT until Kendrick or Cole's next 2 projects. ? on here will hate they ? .

AggyAF wrote: »
    blacktux wrote: »
    Who did this dude influence?

Andre 3k made all that ? these cats doing today cool with "the love below", that album completely shifted the direction of the while game.

Not only did that ? jam, but it was successful.

This dude not successful as an artist in context, hes successful as a ghostwriter.

LMFAO at that comparison to wayne. You serious?!?

i love Outkast and the Love Below....but that ? did not havethe widespread influence like MOTM and 808s did

and CUdi is a successful artists
    five albums, two of which are gold (MOTM sold almost a million copies), multi plat singles . CUdi more successful than 90% of rappers rn

OutKast influenced MOST if not all these artists including Kanye. The problem is ? have short term memory. And OutKast isnt done yet their last album went ? diamond SMMFH and half the album was pop records.

Map out the influence of the love below for me then
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Somebody should make a separate thread of direct influences
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    Somebody should make a separate thread of direct influences

Noooooooooooooo
  • ericb4prez
    ericb4prez Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just exactly which artists did Outkast influence cuz the other day y'all was blaming Wayne for these new ? lol
  • BlevlandBoyBool
    BlevlandBoyBool Members Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Clearly about Kanye but it's sad he always do this ? then runs back to Ye and collaborate with him

when you gonna get off kaynes ?
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? now acting like Cudi didn't birth Drakes sound?

Lemme guess, Drake is so original right? Travis Scott, ASAP Rocky who folks swear is original. Some of y'all take y'all hate for Cudi too deep. It don't take a genius to see his influence. This the same dude that wrote 808s and Heartbreak. Y'all the same folks who ignore the fact Take care was mostly all Weeknd influence

Drake and 40 sound was created by Say you Will, the whole So far gone sound is inspired by 808's

So the OVO sound was promoted out of Cudi.
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ericb4prez wrote: »
    Just exactly which artists did Outkast influence cuz the other day y'all was blaming Wayne for these new ? lol

For one Kendrick Lamar...

From The Love Below
    http://youtu.be/uqhJfjbNuQg

From To ? A Butterfly... (start at 4:10)
    http://youtu.be/4wZytWFm7x0
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was at his concert last night. This ? stopped like 4 or 5 times just to talk ? lol. I didn't know about the Kid Cudi situation until he mentioned him. It was a dope concert though.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol at motm impacting more than love below

I've never heard anyone imitate the sound of love below tho. Closest would be cee-lo but he's dungeon fam

There's more imitation of cudi's sound but mainly because of drake and so far gone
  • rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn man why all these dudes crying? This is sad. Do better.
  • sr_the_freshman
    sr_the_freshman Members Posts: 2,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I'm not sure were this Outkast argument is coming from, but the Cudi influencing Drake's sound argument still stands whether it be directly from from A Kid Named Cudi > So far Gone. Or indirectly via 808s.

? doesn't stop at Houstatlantavegas and ? for Life. The sound is mimicked in cuts such as The Calm and Successful as well. I don't understand why ya'll need this spoon fed to ya'll if your just going to front like you don't hear it.

Drake even pulled Plain Pat onboard for his debut in Thank Me Later after all of that. ? isn't just a coincidence from that point out.

The reason why the Travis Scott ? is important is because Travis Scott lists his main influence as Kid Cudi. Verbatim. And who the hell has Kanye been shamelessly getting his sound from since Yeezus? Travis Scott.

So if the ? influencing your sound in 2016 was influenced by the ? your claiming to have created, how does that work? Cudi influenced Scott. Scott is literally crafting records for Kanye as we speak. Prior to that, Cudi was helping Kanye write 808s.

And who was the ? influenced by that album? Connect the dots ? .

http://www.mtv.com/news/1612262/drake-says-kanye-west-is-the-most-influential-person-on-his-sound/
  • bkkbully
    bkkbully Members Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? talking like The Love Below really influenced MOTM Cudi. I can't hear that ? AT ALL

Plus the producers he were working with on the MOTM were rock & electronic producers. ? sounded nothing like Outkast at all. Id say he was more electronic/rock influenced than Outkast