Bookeem Woodbine Says Tupac Planned Feud-Ending Record With Biggie & Mobb Deep

Options
1CK1S
1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
LOS ANGELES, CA – Shortly before his death, Tupac Shakur was on the verge of creating a genre-shifting record, according to veteran actor Bokeem Woodbine.

The Emmy-nominated thespian, who also starred in ‘Pac’s “I Ain’t Mad at Cha” music video, says the late rapper shared the details of the record while they were on set filming of the All Eyez on Me single.

He explained that the record, which Tupac informed him to keep secret, would have featured the Notorious B.I.G., Mobb Deep, and other East Coasters, and may have put an end to their beef.

“He had a plan to put everybody together on one record and just squash the beef,” Woodbine said in a new interview with The Fader. “He wanted to take the power away from the labels that were exploiting the situation. It angered him that they were profiting; he wanted to stop the cash flow. It wasn’t something I was supposed to tell people about, you know what I’m saying? I honored that, and I just waited for that record to come out. But unfortunately, as you know, it never did.”

Comments