Who Was The MVP of 2009

Options
13»

Comments

• Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jay Z
    I always found it funny how Eminem apologized for encore on relapse, then apologized for relapse on recovery and then only to admit that recovery wasn't that great either on mmlp2

That's some ? you can't make up

Em also said in years to come Encore would be like Illmatic, Em can't seem to make his mind up.

He was joking, he know damn well that album was trash
  • robblr86
    robblr86 Members Posts: 405 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lil Wayne
    Wayne was still the hottest rapper at the moment and had some crazy features. 2006 til he got locked up 2010.

Y'all really got Drake over Wayne in 09. Unfathomable
  • Logical Truths
    Logical Truths Members Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rick Ross
    After the correctional officer story Ross bounced back hard with Deeper Than Rap. I think this was the album that allowed him to be what he is today.
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jay Z
    So I am the only one to vote for Em? Relapse ? 's on most albums that year.

Relapse was complete trash.

Calling it trash is being modest. That ? was horrible
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jay Z
    Correction

Relapse wasn't THAT bad. It was trash but I was thinking of Recovery. Jesus couldn't save that album.
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jay Z
    robblr86 wrote: »
    Wayne was still the hottest rapper at the moment and had some crazy features. 2006 til he got locked up 2010.

Y'all really got Drake over Wayne in 09. Unfathomable

Aight we get it you been waving the flag for Wayne over and over since the 08 thread.
  • Ether44mag
    Ether44mag Members Posts: 890 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Gucci Mane
    Gucci was bumpin in 09 and 10 not saying his music is the bomb but that was his year ,Jay had a hit song empire state of mind but Gucci changed the game (in a bad way I know but still)
  • Qiv_Owan
    Qiv_Owan Members Posts: 4,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    After the correctional officer story Ross bounced back hard with Deeper Than Rap. I think this was the album that allowed him to be what he is today.

Wish he kept that style
  • Gee_has_hot_picture
    Gee_has_hot_picture Members Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Drake
    relapse had a ton of wack songs on it, blue print 3 had even more outside of empire state of mind.

Jay z label was caught buying their own albums that year

i voted for drake cause there was no one left, jay was no were close to running the game in 2009, you ? reliving history, that album got lukewarm reviews, one commercial hit and his label made it go plat

• its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Raekwon
    relapse had a ton of wack songs on it, blue print 3 had even more outside of empire state of mind.

i voted for drake cause there was no one left, jay was no were close to running the game in 2009, you ? reliving history, that album got lukewarm reviews, one commercial hit and his label made it go plat

oh is that what's happening?
  • Gee_has_hot_picture
    Options
    Drake

oh is that what's happening?

raekwon, gucci, whoever is a better vote then jay and em is all im saying
  • IceBergTaylor
    Options
    Jay Z

When did this happen?
  • Ether44mag
    Ether44mag Members Posts: 890 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gucci Mane

fact I love Jay but he wasnt running ? in 2009 and I actually liked blueprint 3
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Raekwon
    Clearly the best album out of all the choices
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gucci Mane
    qawshun wrote: »
    Clearly the best album out of all the choices

That's not the damn criteria!
  • Gee_has_hot_picture
    Options
    Drake

When did this happen?

so new york state of mind had huge buzz, but the album was getting ? reviews, and it only did 300k its first week, many were surprised at how low the numbers were given the single and the jay z brand.

well guess what happened next week? his album sold 300k again magically, and thats when people started coming out how his own label was buying copies to keep his plat streak alive

the only way an artist tops or ties their first week sales is if they are a none mainstream artist who blows up after there album is released, or there album was released on a shorten weekend (as in only 2 days for the album to sell b4 sales numbers for the week come out)

what jay z did his 2nd week was impossible, NOT TAYLOR SWIFT, ADELE, EMINEM, or any of the other big artists have ever ever pulled this off in recent memory. Jay z album had all the promotion in the world, NY state of mind wasnt a hidden gem, the album just didnt sell well it first week because the full album was leaked and people didnt like it that much.

no artist ever tops there first week sales, now stuff like black friday 1$ album or if they preform at the grammys will give album sales a spike. But you still never top it unless except for the few exception mention above
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jay Z
    Run This Town
  • IceBergTaylor
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Jay Z
    Ppl didn't start magically coming out. Ppl thought the release date changed. I remember that ? .
    It did 475K first week too

Good effort tho fam.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    Raekwon

When did this happen?

so new york state of mind had huge buzz, but the album was getting ? reviews, and it only did 300k its first week, many were surprised at how low the numbers were given the single and the jay z brand.

well guess what happened next week? his album sold 300k again magically, and thats when people started coming out how his own label was buying copies to keep his plat streak alive

the only way an artist tops or ties their first week sales is if they are a none mainstream artist who blows up after there album is released, or there album was released on a shorten weekend (as in only 2 days for the album to sell b4 sales numbers for the week come out)

what jay z did his 2nd week was impossible, NOT TAYLOR SWIFT, ADELE, EMINEM, or any of the other big artists have ever ever pulled this off in recent memory. Jay z album had all the promotion in the world, NY state of mind wasnt a hidden gem, the album just didnt sell well it first week because the full album was leaked and people didnt like it that much.

no artist ever tops there first week sales, now stuff like black friday 1$ album or if they preform at the grammys will give album sales a spike. But you still never top it unless except for the few exception mention above

This could be believed but until you got solid proof this comes off as hating bruh.
  • JJ_Evans
    JJ_Evans Members Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gucci Mane
    Gucci had every chick throwing Lemonade (Yellow) parties...............

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdvUhLjcSHI
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Drake
    Drake should win. So Far Gone changed hip hop and honestly is the most celebrated mixtape ever and changed the sound of hip hop and RnB