Obama to black voters: 'You want to give me a good sendoff? Go vote'

Options
5th Letter
5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
edited September 2016 in For The Grown & Sexy
2llnfq1.jpg
Yahoo.com
President Barack Obama delivered a stirring speech at the Congressional Black Caucus Foundation dinner in Washington on Saturday night, saying he’d be offended if African-American voters don’t turn out and vote for Hillary Clinton in November.

“I will consider it a personal insult, an insult to my legacy, if this community lets down its guard and fails to activate itself in this election,” Obama said. “You want to give me a good sendoff? Go vote.”
“If you care about our legacy, realize everything we stand for is at stake — all the progress we’ve made is at stake in this election,” Obama said. “My name may not be on the ballot, but our progress is on the ballot. Tolerance is on the ballot.”

The president, whose historic elections in 2008 and 2012 were propelled by a record turnout of black voters, urged attendees to do the same for Clinton.
“Hope is on the ballot,” he said. “And fear is on the ballot, too.” The president’s remarks came a day after Republican nominee Donald Trump publicly ended the “birther” conspiracy he had kept up for five years, finally admitting Obama was born in the United States. “There’s an extra spring in my step tonight,” Obama joked. “I don’t know about you guys, but I am so relieved that the whole ‘birther’ thing is over. I mean, ISIL, North Korea, poverty, climate change — none of those things weighed on my mind like the validity of my birth certificate. And to think that with just 124 days to go, under the wire, we got that resolved. I mean, that’s a boost for me in the home stretch. In other breaking news, the world is round, not flat. Lord.”

Obama skewered Trump’s assertion that African-Americans are worse off under the president’s administration than ever before.
“You may have heard Hillary’s opponent in this election say that there’s never been a worse time to be a black person,” Obama said. “I mean, he missed that whole civics lesson about slavery and Jim Crow.” Obama also ripped the pitch Trump made last month to black voters.

“What the hell do you have to lose?” Trump said at a rally before a predominantly white crowd in Ohio on Aug. 22. “Give me a chance. I’ll straighten it out.” “He says we got nothing left to lose,” Obama said, “so we might as well support somebody who has fought against civil rights and fought against equality, and who has shown no regard for working people for most of his life. Well, we do have challenges, but we’re not stupid.”
Clinton also spoke at the event, warning that a Trump presidency would undo the progress Obama has made.

“We need ideas, not insults. Real plans to help struggling Americans in communities that have been left out and left behind — not prejudice and paranoia,” Clinton said. “We can’t let Barack Obama’s legacy fall into the hands of someone who doesn’t understand that, whose dangerous and divisive vision for our country will drag us backwards.”
She also mocked the birther issue while addressing Obama.
“Mr. President, not only do we know you are an American,” she said, “you are a great American.”

Comments

• R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • LordZuko
    LordZuko Members Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Vellum
    Vellum Members Posts: 471 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Eat a ? obama. ? hillary! She was shading the ? out of you during her run, and you hired that ? . ? trump to the fullest too, but hillary can lick my sweaty ? .

You shouldve put your cards behind bernie instead of backing another shill like yourself, ole barry o. Hillary is not progression. Shes status quo typical political ? as usual, with a long list of failures, lies, and sociopathic behavior to back.
  • ghostdog56
    ghostdog56 Members Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I said it before and I'll say it again Obama will go down as one of the biggest sellouts in black history
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

“I will consider it a personal insult, an insult to my legacy, if this community lets down its guard and fails to activate itself in this election,

Lmaaaaaaaooooooooooooo

Hold up , he still has less than 3 months left in office. I heard that this Hoe ? is clutch... he might pull something out his ass in the next 80 so days ....

Boy, blk ppl are goofy especially . That massacre tho...
  • Dazzling
    Dazzling Members Posts: 410 ✭✭✭
    Options
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Thing is, none of us disagree with it. We all understand he's right. But, a ton of us just won't accept that not voting for HIllz is "disrespect" to him, even if she's running against New Adolf.

Point is, HIllary be on ? , and I'm not blindly supporting that ? just to say I like Obama. You good either way with me Obeezie, but ? her.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this ? is a ? freak show but it's all about defeating Trump..

this election is a joke but u gotta vote for the necessary evil.. Hillary > Trump... every vote counts and we should all be more active in politics, get in the know and start controlling these more... It's this way because the ppl have allowed it... we are leaving this to a new generation of kids, and whether u have kids or not, u likely have some little ones in ur fam u care about and want better for... one way to assure that is to vote...
  • A Talented One
    A Talented One Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Options
    He's right about at least one thing: From a policy perspective Hillary is much closer to Obama than is Trump.

It's crazy to be an Obama supporter and considering voting for Trump.
  • King Ghidorah
    King Ghidorah Members Posts: 917 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How about black people ask this ? bama for one more favor and commune the sentences of the tens of thousands of non-violent black drug offenders that were arrested while this ? was in office, I'm literally heated reading this ? , this ? has a lot of nerve.
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ...well let the personal insulting begin. The nerve of this guy.
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,480 Regulator
    Options
    Will do my OG.

The Goat President, and i dont wanna hear none of you Umar Johnson pom pom ? .
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,480 Regulator
    Options
    ^^^ very impartial there , highlighting policies you dislike (so of which are good) rather than weighing the good with the bad.

The way some of you act like we have been living in somalia for the last 8 years.
  • A Talented One
    A Talented One Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Obama has supported the expansion (to other cities) of this, and he deserves credit for it. Arguably, something like that is what blacks most need.