• gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That cracka better tell that lazy ? NO
  • Vellum
    Vellum Members Posts: 471 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I dont think anyone here watched the video. lol

He said she wants to come home and be a stay at home mother UNTIL their kid is old enough to go to school. The kid is 3 now. At the very latest it will be in school in 2 years, and she can go use her degree.

Either this dude is not telling the whole story, or hes stupid. If youre making between 90-100k a year, plus her 1200 a month. Just hire a ? babysitter and tell her to go to work. If you cant do that, she can just differ her loans a bit, stay at home for a year and a half, get the kid in elementary school, and you both move on.

• dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    ? you must've lost your got damn mind
  • Kai
    Kai Members, Moderators Posts: 704 Regulator
    Options
    blacktux wrote: »
    With how much money these degrees cost i dont even know how this can be a conversation sane people can have.

If you going to grad school and haven't figured out how to make these grants and scholarships work for you, you don't belong in grad school imo

I don't know, maybe my experience in the hard sciences doesn't apply if it's for an arts or social sciences masters/phd, but between the aforementioned ways of getting the money for grad school you can also get teaching assistant or even prof work to make it even more affordable. Research studentships and assistantships pay enough to cover tuition

Really tho if she doesn't plan on doing anything with her degree afterwards what's the point of even doing the work? let alone the cost

• deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    What the point in her getting a degree? For it to just hang on the wall? She want it both ways

Yeah, that doesn't even make sense.

Why even get a Masters degree if she's just going to be a stay-at-home-mom?
  • MallyG
    MallyG Members Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This ? needs to be powerbombed immediately.
  • damnkp
    damnkp Members Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Still cheaper than child support
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    damnkp wrote: »
    Still cheaper than child support

Real life
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    honestly...

whats the point of getting a masters to stay at home.

just to say you have it?...thats a waste of money when you aint bringing ? in.

all that stay at home mom ? aint for me.

if she cant find a job...than ok.

other than that...we both work towards our retirement.

please someone help me understand the point of higher education without utilizing it.

i can work, clean my own clothes, cook my own food, do the shopping, rub out a nut and have automatic billpay.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    Kai wrote: »
    With how much money these degrees cost i dont even know how this can be a conversation sane people can have.

If you going to grad school and haven't figured out how to make these grants and scholarships work for you, you don't belong in grad school imo

I don't know, maybe my experience in the hard sciences doesn't apply if it's for an arts or social sciences masters/phd, but between the aforementioned ways of getting the money for grad school you can also get teaching assistant or even prof work to make it even more affordable. Research studentships and assistantships pay enough to cover tuition

Really tho if she doesn't plan on doing anything with her degree afterwards what's the point of even doing the work? let alone the cost

you know...

alot of my wifes freinds who have masters and ? want a man to be able to give them the lifestyle that will allow them to choose to stay at home or not.

i just dont agree with this ideology.

while i understand some women want the man to be the sole or majority breadwinner...i dont see the point of hardwork only to fall back onto a decision made by negotiating ? .

a gold digger is the same, no?

except the golddigger aint got a plan b.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    honestly...

whats the point of getting a masters to stay at home.

just to say you have it?...thats a waste of money when you aint bringing ? in.

all that stay at home mom ? aint for me.

if she cant find a job...than ok.

other than that...we both work towards our retirement.

please someone help me understand the point of higher education without utilizing it.

i can work, clean my own clothes, cook my own food, do the shopping, rub out a nut and have automatic billpay.

I agree, the whole getting a degree just to have it ? is very stupid, but a stay at home wife/mom really helps out when you're open to it and realize the benefits.

Imagine every time you come home, the house is put together, the laundry is done, the food is made, the kids are taken care of and doing their home work or recreation ? in their room. Yes, I can also clean and cook and shop, but most people don't want to do that after a long day of work. It's like you get off work, and you're right back at it again. That's not cool for most people.

Not to mention the stress corporate Amerikkka seems to put on our women, where they come home OD stressed or feeling some type of way. And then you have these irresponsible day cares who don't even watch your kids, or even worse, abuse your kids verbally and sometimes physically. Nah, can't do it, those first several years are far too important to risk your child getting mentally scarred. A stay at home mom is nothing less than a blessing. It's even better if she's qualified to home school 'em.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    I am sure it does have benefits....

but I dunno.. still seems a bit unfair to me.

it takes me rarely a whole day to do everything mentioned. but I guess I'm wierd aswell because cleaning helps me think and is very therapeutic. ? even helps me sleep better from burning energy.

after a Saturday, everything is done for the week. until the next Saturday.

• BEAM
    BEAM Members Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Options
    .. Imagine every time you come home, the house is put together, the laundry is done, the food is made, the kids are taken care of and doing their home work or recreation ? in their room. Yes, I can also clean and cook and shop, but most people don't want to do that after a long day of work. It's like you get off work, and you're right back at it again. That's not cool for most people ..

Those things need to happen without fail tho; Just like his check needs to show up without fail.

A lot of women don't just want to be stay at home Mothers, many of them also want to not have to work / be taken care of; But of course, they still want to hold on to double standards ( especially in a relationship ) and have equal decision making liberties..

They want to have their cake and eat it too, and staying at home with the kids is a way to get both.

It's 2016. ? need to stop entertaining conversations like this with women, tbh.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    is the woman really gonna sacrifice her potential after being with friends who travel the world, buy whatever and have a bit more independent?

if things got right...how will she feel?

if a random rich ? rolled up, how will she react?

these are the things that matter.

the need and want can change very quickly when things are tight just as loyalty would.

• So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You don't need a Master's to be a stay at home mom, all you need are excellent domestic skills.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Lurker6
    Lurker6 Members Posts: 4,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kai wrote: »

@Kai
    This is the current trend do nothing ? do to try and gain some fake self-worth and act like they bring something to the table. They'll try to use the degree as a crutch to lean on. So if she ever gets into an arguement with someone and they hit her with the "you dont even do anything, ur just a housewife" she can be like "I'm not a dumb housewife, i have a Masters".

Like Tiger Woods ex-wife. She made then news down here because the graduated with a bachelors in psychology and they had her give the commencement speech at the graduation ceremony. Nevermind the fact that she was a multimillionaire, that didnt work and it took her 9 years to get a bachelors, in a career field she wont ever work in because shes rich as ? and doesnt need to work.