Options

Comments

• zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zzombie wrote: »
    The man is correct and ? you if you cannot see it

black people want to end white supremacy but don't want to stop killing each other
    black people want to be wealthier but keep voting for people with policies that make them poorer
    black people want stronger families but keep having children out of wedlock

In essence black don't want to do what is necessary to stop white supremacy all ? want to do is cry and complain and ? and moan about racism but white people don't really care about your tears they just throw us a few crumbs to get us to shut the ? up a little.

Who are the black people doing the bold? Sure, it seems like he's right if you relegate all black people down to the group you're describing, but what percentage of black people does that even represent? How many blacks are really out here killing other blacks? How many blacks are out there compulsively having kids out of wedlock? The problem with ? like this isn't that there are no blacks to which it applies. The problem is that the people that push this ? and the fools that believe it apply it in a far more generalized manner than reality supports.

The black folks i am talking about are a loud minority and this loud minority is making us all look bad.The black folks in the majority we don't have to worry about them but their cousins in the ghetto are ? it up for everybody. For example the city of Chicago SHOULD be a disgrace to all black people in america

Yeah, but who is using that loud minority to make us all look bad. Black people aren't putting our lowest common denominator out there and depicting those people as the average black person in america.

And yeah, I agree Chicago is a disgrace and I'm one of the people on here that have criticized the people that go out of their way to defend the fuckery that goes on in that system. That said, you can't look at Chicago and blame what's going on there on a victim mentality. There is a lot of ? that happened in that city to make it what it is and not all of it is on the black residents.

I think i know where you are going this but This is not about the white controlled media the media only reports problems that exists. They may shine more light on our bad behavior but if that behavior did not exist there would be nothing for them to show.

I was just using Chicago as an example but the problems in Chicago can be found nationwide in different degrees of intensity. The issue affecting Chicago can be found affecting other communities ALL OVER america but those communities are nowhere as violent. There is something unique about the mental state of black people in america that causes these problems that are faced by all people in america to result in such extreme degeneration. Is it the victim mentality??? Yes i believe it is. The victim mentality causes low self esteem WHICH in turn causes all the rest of the issue on that list.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i think individualism hurts us more than anything..
    we are broken down into too many categories and sub-categories without respect to whats first and priorities.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The victim mentality does cause low self esteem. It also causes clinginess too but people don't cling to progressive policies they cling to what they know and understand which is usually self destructive behavior.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

black people want to end white supremacy but don't want to stop killing each other
    black people want to be wealthier but keep voting for people with policies that make them poorer

In essence black don't want to do what is necessary to stop white supremacy all ? want to do is cry and complain and ? and moan about racism but white people don't really care about your tears they just throw us a few crumbs to get us to shut the ? up a little.

Who are the black people doing the bold? Sure, it seems like he's right if you relegate all black people down to the group you're describing, but what percentage of black people does that even represent? How many blacks are really out here killing other blacks? How many blacks are out there compulsively having kids out of wedlock? The problem with ? like this isn't that there are no blacks to which it applies. The problem is that the people that push this ? and the fools that believe it apply it in a far more generalized manner than reality supports.

The black folks i am talking about are a loud minority and this loud minority is making us all look bad.The black folks in the majority we don't have to worry about them but their cousins in the ghetto are ? it up for everybody. For example the city of Chicago SHOULD be a disgrace to all black people in america

Yeah, but who is using that loud minority to make us all look bad. Black people aren't putting our lowest common denominator out there and depicting those people as the average black person in america.

And yeah, I agree Chicago is a disgrace and I'm one of the people on here that have criticized the people that go out of their way to defend the fuckery that goes on in that system. That said, you can't look at Chicago and blame what's going on there on a victim mentality. There is a lot of ? that happened in that city to make it what it is and not all of it is on the black residents.

I think i know where you are going this but This is not about the white controlled media the media only reports problems that exists. They may shine more light on our bad behavior but if that behavior did not exist there would be nothing for them to show.

I was just using Chicago as an example but the problems in Chicago can be found nationwide in different degrees of intensity. The issue affecting Chicago can be found affecting other communities ALL OVER america but those communities are nowhere as violent. There is something unique about the mental state of black people in america that causes these problems that are faced by all people in america to result in such extreme degeneration. Is it the victim mentality??? Yes i believe it is. The victim mentality causes low self esteem WHICH in turn causes all the rest of the issue on that list.

lol Yeah, if everything was perfect, then nothing would be wrong. Every community has it's problems. It would be a disservice to any community to misrepresent it. It's not like blacks are the only ones this happens tool. It's the same reason why every hispanic is seen as an illegal and every Arab/Middle Easterner is treated like a terrorist. You're being delusional if you don't believe that has a negative effect on the community as a whole.

And I don't deny that there may be something unique with in the culture of certain black areas that contribute to the extreme violence scene in those areas. Still, using what happens in those communities to indict all black people in this country is illogical. The fact is that no matter how you twist, you can't boil all of the problems in the black community down to internal problems especially when most of those internal problems were created from external problems that haven't been resolved.
  • zzombie
    edited September 2016
    Options

lol Yeah, if everything was perfect, then nothing would be wrong. Every community has it's problems. It would be a disservice to any community to misrepresent it. It's not like blacks are the only ones this happens tool. It's the same reason why every hispanic is seen as an illegal and every Arab/Middle Easterner is treated like a terrorist. You're being delusional if you don't believe that has a negative effect on the community as a whole.

And I don't deny that there may be something unique with in the culture of certain black areas that contribute to the extreme violence scene in those areas. Still, using what happens in those communities to indict all black people in this country is illogical. The fact is that no matter how you twist, you can't boil all of the problems in the black community down to internal problems especially when most of those internal problems were created from external problems that haven't been resolved.

It has a negative affect on the black community only because we can look around at our communities and see confirmation that the media is generally right even if they do misrepresent us their misrepresentation is not too far off the mark at least in some aspects.... because the black murder rate is actually very high and too many of us are born out of wedlock, and we do vote 90% of the time for the same kinds of candidate.

It is not the responsibility of outsiders to solve your problems historically white people started all these problems but at some point we have to take responsibility for solving them. All you are doing is enabling/scapegoating blaming white people for our problems.

blacks killing black-blame the white man
    blacks marrying out of wedlock- blame the white man
    blacks not practicing intelligent group politics- blame the white man
    blacks having low self esteem- blame the white man
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's not about victimizing oneself, it's that the bar is set too low. There's no reinforcement of obtainable goals...

Yea they tell you that you can be
    anything but we're mostly groomed to be at the bottom of the barrel.... Anyone who finds success distances themselves so much that it seems more and more difficult to get where they are...

Just like people need personal trainers and nutritionalists and other ? to teach ? to take care of their bodies, u need people who are willing to make success seem real...

I think one of the biggest problems is that far too many people don't know how easy it is to do better, cuz they've never been taught...

This is simply like an in shape person clowning a fat person with no interest in helping them develope better health habits
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's this thread still poppin when I get off I'm going to tear some poster heads. I see some dumb shot posted already
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Options
    DWO wrote: »
    It's not about victimizing oneself, it's that the bar is set too low. There's no reinforcement of obtainable goals...

anything but we're mostly groomed to be at the bottom of the barrel.... Anyone who finds success distances themselves so much that it seems more and more difficult to get where they are...

Just like people need personal trainers and nutritionalists and other ? to teach ? to take care of their bodies, u need people who are willing to make success seem real...

I think one of the biggest problems is that far too many people don't know how easy it is to do better, cuz they've never been taught...

This is simply like an in shape person clowning a fat person with no interest in helping them develope better health habits

I agree wholeheartedly but the fact remains that folk have to be willing to
    1) Listen!
    2) Act on the advice given
    3) Understand that progress takes time
    4) Be willing to keep trying if you fail.

There are natural human traits in the way of all these things. Stubbornness, impatience, fear of rejection or failure and most importantly in a lot of these communities is a lack of humility.

You can have all the teachers, life coaches and role models you want but the if ? is stubborn, impatient, scary and egotistic its not going to work. You can be just one of those things and cut your likelihood of success
  • zzombie
    Options
    DWO wrote: »

A healthy person is under no obligation to help a fat ass, a functional community is under no obligation to help a dysfunctional community... who the hell is responsible for reinforcing obtainable goals to the black community??? other black people. When we do try what happens??? we are called ? and uncle toms just because we try to get other blacks to look at their problems and find solutions without blaming outsiders.

IT'S like we are playing a game and our opponents are scoring and instead of focusing on improving our skills we are blaming our opponents for putting up points.
  • Qiv_Owan
    Qiv_Owan Members Posts: 4,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Playing the victim
    Excuses
    Feeling entitled
  • desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Options

don't entertain him

and the fallacy of comparing non blk neighborhoods with blk neighborhoods is that blks have different histories of oppression than other communities, and it’s unfair to compare existing struggles

and even then when black neighborhoods are compared with white neighborhoods of similar income levels, 9 times out of 10 you see similar rates of crime

there's nothing uniquely defective about "blk culture"
  • zzombie
    Options
    here she comes the bride/daughter of satan
  • Plutarch
    Plutarch Members Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm not too optimistic about the video, so I didn't watch. But I think that most of us already know the major issues facing blacks in America today, even if some of us don't want to admit the really "bad" ones.

I am surprised though about how the importance of family sometimes never gets discussed. We can't ignore that.
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you accept that we are a community first, then you by definition accept the responsibility and obligation help others

You can't consider something an issue of being the black community if you as a black person feel no ownership to it whatsoever
  • zzombie
    edited September 2016
    Options

don't entertain him

and the fallacy of comparing non blk neighborhoods with blk neighborhoods is that blks have different histories of oppression than other communities, and it’s unfair to compare existing struggles

and even then when black neighborhoods are compared with white neighborhoods of similar income levels, 9 times out of 10 you see similar rates of crime

there's nothing uniquely defective about "blk culture"

Oh stop ? crying everyone has a different history our history is no excuse for our underachieving and murdering each other. BLACK PEOPLE WITH YOUR WAY OF THINKING ARE WAY MORE DANGEROUS THAN THE MOST HATEFUL KKK MEMBER. All the degeneracy, the break down of the black family and our political servitude is a result of your leftist liberal ideology.
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Black People as a whole will NEVER win/overcome in this country..you as a Black person can win and make sure your family and certain people around you win but other than that? Nah
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    En-Fuego22 wrote: »
    ? all that. . The biggest issue is white supremacy

• babelipsss
    babelipsss Members Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Single parenthood acceptance has destroyed our families and how we relate to each other. It is a basic human need for strong familial bonds.

"White people do it too" is the dumbest excuse for any wrongs in our community. For some reason it keeps getting repeated ad nauseam.
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    wanted to jump in this thread..
    cause dude made some valid points...

but y'all ? type too damn much. lol
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stiff wrote: »
    Black People as a whole will NEVER win/overcome in this country..you as a Black person can win and make sure your family and certain people around you win but other than that? Nah

correct..

no ethnic group "as a whole" is out here winning like that..
    but ? got this "leave no one behind" mindset. smmfh
  • desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Options
    babelipsss wrote: »
    Single parenthood acceptance has destroyed our families and how we relate to each other. It is a basic human need for strong familial bonds.

"White people do it too" is the dumbest excuse for any wrongs in our community. For some reason it keeps getting repeated ad nauseam.

no one is making excuses

ask yourself, why do single non blk mothers historically fair better then blk mother mothers?

better yet, why do non blk two parent households historically fair better than blk two parent households ?

the answer is structural racism

without addressing structural racism, we will still lack the access to the same resources and privileges as those with the most economic and political power...same as when two parent households were the norm
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Options
    What the ? kinda off-brand ? News special is this horseshit?

This sounds like the epitome of self-hate.

No one's blaming the white man for ALL our problems, but you got to be a ? fool to sit there and deny that both institutionalized and overt racism hasn't played a part in the lowering of the black community.

? this guy and the Becky that's probably attached to his arm.
  • zzombie
    edited September 2016
    Options
    babelipsss wrote: »

no one is making excuses

ask yourself, why do single non blk mothers fair better then blk mother mothers?

better yet, why do non blk two parent households fair better than blk two parent households ?

the answer is structural racism

without addressing structural racism, we will still lack the access to the same resources and privileges as those with the most economic and political power...same as when two parent households were the norm

No the answer is they usually have more money and better educations... Structural racism does exist but in 2016 it's not so rampant that it can be used as a ? excuse for black under achievement in other words structural racism is not as debilitating as you think it is.

Privileges are earned White people have privileges because their ancestors earned it for them THEY earned that ? for their descendants through conquest and their own ? grit. If we want our children to have privileges we have to work and fight for it. Crying about the privileges of others is not going to get you any and white people have no reason to give up their privileges
  • A Talented One
    A Talented One Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I was gonna say that it mostly sounds like the kind of coonish thing Zombie would say.

But he beat me to it...