Obama to black voters: 'You want to give me a good sendoff? Go vote'

Options

Comments

• D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Obama's right. We should all think about what would happen if we don't vote.

Are you comfortable with either candidate being in office? Do you think your vote actually matters?

Me personally, I dont see myself voting in this election or any future elections. I dont believe in the voting process, politics, or politicians.

Would I be making a mistake?

YOU gotta weigh how you feel about the ? .

Democrats in office= ? still ain't right for black people
    Republicans in office= ? still ain't right for black people in some cases worse than usual

Is less ? up when it comes to certain ? REALLY better than ? up. Only you know that for you!
  • twizza 77
    twizza 77 Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Obama said tolerance, black aren't being tolerated by law enforcement now.
  • Logical Truths
    Logical Truths Members Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »

Are you comfortable with either candidate being in office? Do you think your vote actually matters?

Me personally, I dont see myself voting in this election or any future elections. I dont believe in the voting process, politics, or politicians.

Republicans in office= ? still ain't right for black people in some cases worse than usual

Is less ? up when it comes to certain ? REALLY better than ? up. Only you know that for you!

Exactly. Sometimes if you say ? all that ? and just worry about your own life it might not affect you at all.

Sounds selfish like ? though.
  • D. Morgan
    Options

Exactly. Sometimes if you say ? all that ? and just worry about your own life it might not affect you at all.

True but most folks vote based on the person or party they will benefit them personally the most not their family or neighbors.

I 100% get what you saying though and it does and can sound that way.
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    At THE END of the day black people need diversity of political thought the comments obama made are a result of our misguided and slavish devotion to the democratic party. Black people are supremely politically ignorant, we don't know the difference between RIGHT AND LEFT between LIBERAL AND CONSERVATIVE and we sure as hell don't know the ramifications
  • Logical Truths
    Options

True but most folks vote based on the person or party they will benefit them personally the most not their family or neighbors.

I 100% get what you saying though and it does and can sound that way.

Either way there's selfishness involved even on the voting end. Politics are crazy.
  • Logical Truths
    Options
    zzombie wrote: »
    At THE END of the day black people need diversity of political thought the comments obama made are a result of our misguided and slavish devotion to the democratic party. Black people are supremely politically ignorant, we don't know the difference between RIGHT AND LEFT between LIBERAL AND CONSERVATIVE and we sure as hell don't know the ramifications

Republican?
  • zzombie
    Options
    zzombie wrote: »

Republican?

I am not a republican but i am very conservative if you don't comprehend the difference then you are an example of what i am talking about.

IF I HAD TO sum up my political leanings i would be forced to call myself a conservative libertarian pan-africanist
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    Black people need to be neutral and stop the blind loyalty to the Democratic Party. It's clear our vote is powerful hence why they campaign for our votes every 4 years. It'll make a difference if we made them earn our vote.
  • Logical Truths
    Options
    So you tend to vote Republican most of the time, but you're not a Republican?
  • Shuffington
    Shuffington Members Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Between both potential candidates... I trust Orange ? the least.

I think he'll f*ck up some ? on a major league level, so much so that he will get impeached or something and Pence will take over. And Pence looks like a slave master from the 1800's.

Orange ? 's mentality on Nukes is on some "well hey, one little nuke won't hurt nobody".
    He'll appoint loads of modern day racist judges... and not just on the Supreme court.
    I don't see a bright future, I just see loads of racist people rejoicing.

Hillary, She bland and boring ... and TBH, IDGAF about that email sh*t.
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yall are idiots

The irony is the same way many here want the perfect politician they can support,these white folks want the "perfect" victim of police brutality that doesn't have a "history wrongdoing"

• Logical Truths
    Options
    Does anyone believe the possibility that if Trump is elected into office he might help African-Americans more than Hillary?

He seems to have a lot of anger towards illegal immigrants. All countries will feel the impact of any changes in immigration policies, not just Mexico.

Would he do all of that without planning on trying to make sure that every US citizen was able to be attended to better.

That would be the business of things right?
  • Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    a.mann wrote: »
    I'll be admit
    There's a part of me that REALLY want Trump to win this thing....just to see what happens.

And honestly he is what this country (and a lot of ? ) deserve[/quote]

You aint lying. We will finally get the truth. Black Pres. White Pres. Woman Pres. All this ? is a garbage dog and pony show. Maybe we will finally get the message that we need to internalize our needs and address them accordingly.
  • Shuffington
    Shuffington Members Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Yeah, seems like theres a certain subset of people who are romantically in love with total destruction. This destroy and rebuild mind set (as if its that easy). Perhaps they've lost all hope and see total annulation as some sort of reset mechanism and a cleansing of sorts.

Almost like those religious nut jobs that view any sort of wide spread potentially catastrophic event as a sign that Jesus will return. So deep down they romantically yearn for such an outcome/ no matter how obviously avoidable said outcome could be/ yet totally ignoring how such an event will play out in real life. If that means total blood shed , incurable disease, famine, severe anguish, whatever.... "Hey Jesus is coming".

• Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »
    Black people need to be neutral and stop the blind loyalty to the Democratic Party. It's clear our vote is powerful hence why they campaign for our votes every 4 years. It'll make a difference if we made them earn our vote.

I don't know why black people don't listen to Dr. Claude Anderson
  • zzombie
    Options
    En-Fuego22 wrote: »
    5th Letter wrote: »

I don't know why black people don't listen to Dr. Claude Anderson

because it would require actually looking in the mirror and doing something
  • A Talented One
    A Talented One Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    Options
    What y'all are saying don't make any sense.

Say that you're right and that Hillary would not be any better for blacks than Trump. I don't believe that for a second, but let's say that you're right for the sake of the argument.

Does that mean that you can sit this one out, or, ? forbid, even vote for Trump?

No. Cause Trump could be a disaster for the country and the world, that's why. The man is mind-bogglingly corrupt, has authoritarian impulses, threatens the rule of law, is breathtakingly ignorant, and has expressed an interest in using nukes. He is not even remotely qualified for president, and is a unique threat to the world.

There is a reason why even some Republicans are alarmed by the prospect of a Trump presidency:

"Given my military experience, Donald Trump does not have the temperament to command our military or our nuclear arsenal."
    Mark Kirk, Republican Senator.

“Mr. Trump has autocratic tendencies, and openly admires tyrants such as Vladimir Putin. In fact, his narcissism and cult of personality leadership style seem better suited to countries like North Korea and Uzbekistan than America."
    David Ross Meyers, former White House staffer under George W. Bush

“Mr. Trump’s own statements lead us to conclude that as president, he would use the authority of his office to act in ways that make America less safe, and which would diminish our standing in the world... Furthermore, his expansive view of how presidential power should be wielded against his detractors poses a distinct threat to civil liberty in the United States.”
    60 members of the Republican national security community

“I would sooner vote for Josef Stalin than I would vote for Donald Trump."
    Max Boot, Republican author and Council on Foreign Relations Fellow

"I would sooner work for (North Korean dictator) Kim Jong Un than for Donald Trump. I think Donald Trump is objectively more dangerous than Kim Jong Un and not as stable."
    Max Boot.

"His election would endanger the security of the United States and our standing in the world."
    Mark Salter, former chief of staff to Sen. John McCain

"I genuinely believe that if Trump wins and gets the nuclear codes there is an excellent possibility it will lead to the end of civilisation.”
    Tony Schwartz, Trump co-author.
  • Lord Ether
    Lord Ether Members Posts: 736 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

You have to be a special type of stupid as a black person to support a man endorsed by the KKK.

It would be funny if there wasn't so much at stake.

David Duke endorsed Obama back in 2008.

http://www.inquisitr.com/2849318/david-duke-endorsed-president-obama-in-2008-no-one-asked-him-to-disavow/
  • A Talented One
    A Talented One Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Lord Ether wrote: »
    You have to be a special type of stupid as a black person to support a man endorsed by the KKK.

http://www.inquisitr.com/2849318/david-duke-endorsed-president-obama-in-2008-no-one-asked-him-to-disavow/

FOH with this ? .

Even that link doesn't say that he endorsed Obama in 2008.

It's a very transparent attempt -- and a stupid one at that -- to muddy the issues regarding the support of racists for Trump. That support is real and quite considerable. There is a reason why Duke said that, for whites, voting for anyone besides Donald Trump “is really treason to your heritage."

You really need to learn how to read and to acquire some critical thinking skills.

Whatever you do though, don't bring that kind of foolishness to me. I will call you out on it.
  • mrrealone
    mrrealone Members Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Flashback to 2008: So Obama thinks it would be an insult to not vote for this ? ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26tkG3Vs5q8

Oh and there's more where that came from. A lot more.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TwJmVGURrM

scoop1215 wrote: »
    Ill leave this here.
    fxt13xvi1zrg.jpg

That's some real talk that a lot of monkeys gonna deny.....
  • D. Morgan
    Options
    Lord Ether wrote: »

FOH with this ? .

Even that link doesn't say that he endorsed Obama in 2008.

It's a very transparent attempt -- and a stupid one at that -- to muddy the issues regarding the support of racists for Trump. That support is real and quite considerable. There is a reason why Duke said that, for whites, voting for anyone besides Donald Trump “is really treason to your heritage."

You really need to learn how to read and to acquire some critical thinking skills.

Whatever you do though, don't bring that kind of foolishness to me. I will call you out on it.

YES or NO question. Do you think there are racists that support Clinton as well?
  • numbaz...80's baby
    numbaz...80's baby Members Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    scoop1215 wrote: »
    I'm writing Bernie's name in the voter's box. ? Hillary and Trump.

Oh so u voting for a sellout. Lol

Oh so u voting for the nothing ass hoe. Lol
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    What y'all are saying don't make any sense.

Say that you're right and that Hillary would not be any better for blacks than Trump. I don't believe that for a second, but let's say that you're right for the sake of the argument.

Does that mean that you can sit this one out, or, ? forbid, even vote for Trump?

No. Cause Trump could be a disaster for the country and the world, that's why. The man is mind-bogglingly corrupt, has authoritarian impulses, threatens the rule of law, is breathtakingly ignorant, and has expressed an interest in using nukes. He is not even remotely qualified for president, and is a unique threat to the world.

There is a reason why even some Republicans are alarmed by the prospect of a Trump presidency:

"Given my military experience, Donald Trump does not have the temperament to command our military or our nuclear arsenal."
    Mark Kirk, Republican Senator.

“Mr. Trump has autocratic tendencies, and openly admires tyrants such as Vladimir Putin. In fact, his narcissism and cult of personality leadership style seem better suited to countries like North Korea and Uzbekistan than America."
    David Ross Meyers, former White House staffer under George W. Bush

“Mr. Trump’s own statements lead us to conclude that as president, he would use the authority of his office to act in ways that make America less safe, and which would diminish our standing in the world... Furthermore, his expansive view of how presidential power should be wielded against his detractors poses a distinct threat to civil liberty in the United States.”
    60 members of the Republican national security community

“I would sooner vote for Josef Stalin than I would vote for Donald Trump."
    Max Boot, Republican author and Council on Foreign Relations Fellow

"I would sooner work for (North Korean dictator) Kim Jong Un than for Donald Trump. I think Donald Trump is objectively more dangerous than Kim Jong Un and not as stable."
    Max Boot.

"His election would endanger the security of the United States and our standing in the world."
    Mark Salter, former chief of staff to Sen. John McCain

"I genuinely believe that if Trump wins and gets the nuclear codes there is an excellent possibility it will lead to the end of civilisation.”
    Tony Schwartz, Trump co-author.

Let's say that you're right and Trump is the worst candidate ever, how will voting for Hillary be a benefit to black people? I'm trying to have serious dialogue with you.