Is The Fugees - The Score A Top 10 Hip Hop Album?

Options
5 Grand
5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2016 in The Reason
thescore2.jpg

Is The Fugees - The Score A Top 10 Hip Hop Album? 58 votes

Yes - Top 10
36%
murdapdontdiedontkillanyontoheeb27kingblaze84za'kissspit_fiyaillestni99ainneDOPEdweebzThe Lonious MonkIdiopathic JokerKairoFigoBiggwillieStillFaggyAFxxCivicxxbindayvez79onetoughmiracleListencloser5 Grandmacadonwoo 21 votes
Nope - Not Top 10
63%
a_listwill grimeydeakinodwade206nawledge_godyoung lukadamnkpdouble0sugegman82StewKarl.vageneral08CJPanchoYoSancholamontbdcTommy bilfigerits....JOHN BBussy_Getta BobOblahNothingButTheTruth 37 votes

Comments

• DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    Yes - Top 10
    You a stupid muthafucka
    /thread
  • 5 Grand
    Options
    Yes - Top 10
    You a stupid muthafucka
    You a stupid muthafucka
    /thread
    Not even better than Lauryn solo album

You guys were obviously in diapers when it came out.

They had their finger on the pulse of Hip Hop. It was the perfect balance to All Eyes On Me, It Was Written, Only Built For Cuban Linx and all of the other mafioso/gangsta albums.

It didn't go 6X platinum for nothing.
  • joshrock
    joshrock Members Posts: 239 ✭✭
    Options

I'm sure jacking famous songs and redoing them for a 3rd of the album didn't hurt in getting all those sales.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Nope - Not Top 10
    I was in 8th grade when this came out, pops copped it for me, jammed it ? but nope.
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nope - Not Top 10
    5 Grand wrote: »
    You a stupid muthafucka
    You a stupid muthafucka
    /thread

They had their finger on the pulse of Hip Hop. It was the perfect balance to All Eyes On Me, It Was Written, Only Built For Cuban Linx and all of the other mafioso/gangsta albums.

Fool most of the ? on the forum was in diapers when it came out so why bother asking us

You mad annoying with bringing up age when you don't agree with someone
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nope - Not Top 10
    Not 10 for me maybe could make 20 or so
  • 5 Grand
    Options
    Yes - Top 10
    You a stupid muthafucka
    You a stupid muthafucka
    /thread

Fool most of the ? on the forum was in diapers when it came out so why bother asking us

Well your screen name is from an album that came out a year before The Score.

Mind explaining that?
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Options
    Nope - Not Top 10
    You a stupid muthafucka
    You a stupid muthafucka
    /thread

Mind explaining that?

SMH you missed the point, me being too young don't have ? to do with anything. Most of the posters on here are in my age group, so if you gonna just dismiss my opinion because I'm not old enough why bother asking?
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Where is this golden list of top 10 albums?
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Options
    Nope - Not Top 10
    And yes I was in daycare when only built 4 Cuban linx came out but I still love that album and appreciate it, so bringing up my age is stupid..... I don't have to be 80 years old to appreciate music before my time
  • illestni99ainne
    illestni99ainne Members Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes - Top 10
    It's top 10 for Lauryn's verse on this alone
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u12RjDf6ioY&feature=
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    remember everywhere i went this ? getting played but idk about it being top10 maybe top 20 tho
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes - Top 10
    Yes and I'll fight everyone that says no
  • 5 Grand
    Options
    Yes - Top 10
    First you say

You a stupid muthafucka
    You a stupid muthafucka
    /thread

Then you say
    You a stupid muthafucka
    You a stupid muthafucka
    /thread

Mind explaining that?

SMH you missed the point, me being too young don't have ? to do with anything. Most of the posters on here are in my age group, so if you gonna just dismiss my opinion because I'm not old enough why bother asking?

There's another thread asking Death Certificate vs Me Against The World, both albums came out before The Score.

But if you don't remember when The Score was out then your opinion is irrelevant. That album had a HUGE impact on pop culture. They played Killing Me Softly on the radio 24/7.

The Fugees kinda took over from Tribe Called Quest and the Native Tongues movement. Having Lauryn in the group made a big difference. Tribe and De la were going gold and platinum but The Fugees went 6X plat, which is actually more than 2Pac and Biggie were doing at the time.

I know Me Against The World and All Eyes on Me eventually sold 9X plat or diamond, but at the time they only sold 4x and 5x plat. They sold more after Pac died.

Anyway, That Fugees album was HUGE. And it was clean too. There were only a few curses.

• 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    It's top 10 contender
  • BedStuy
    BedStuy Members Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Man, you might have to go back to the oldschoolhiphop forum if you're going to keep speaking down in a condescending tone. @king hassan , @O.G. , @Rahlow , @bigev240 , and others don't even do that. Why don't you try recruiting some members from the oldschoolhiphop forum? I'm sure they would be a little surprised like i was to see how you act in here.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My brother got CD player and the Score for Xmas. I was only about 7 but J had the entire ? memories by the time school started up again.

But nah man I don't think so. Maybe it'd make my top 15
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Options
    Nope - Not Top 10
    First you say

You a stupid muthafucka
    You a stupid muthafucka
    /thread

Then you say
    You a stupid muthafucka
    You a stupid muthafucka
    /thread

Mind explaining that?

There's another thread asking Death Certificate vs Me Against The World, both albums came out before The Score.

But if you don't remember when The Score was out then your opinion is irrelevant. That album had a HUGE impact on pop culture. They played Killing Me Softly on the radio 24/7.

The Fugees kinda took over from Tribe Called Quest and the Native Tongues movement. Having Lauryn in the group made a big difference. Tribe and De la were going gold and platinum but The Fugees went 6X plat, which is actually more than 2Pac and Biggie were doing at the time.

I know Me Against The World and All Eyes on Me eventually sold 9X plat or diamond, but at the time they only sold 4x and 5x plat. They sold more after Pac died.

Anyway, That Fugees album was HUGE. And it was clean too. There were only a few curses.

Those two post of mine that you quoted mean the same thing so stop reaching for the ethers.... And yeah I've seen the tupac and cube thread, the same thread where you got herbed in saying death certificate sampled atomic dog the whole album even tho it only samplef twice, so yeah you're opinion ain't ? bruh
  • joshrock
    Options
    Cybertr0n wrote: »
    Man, you might have to go back to the oldschoolhiphop forum if you're going to keep speaking down in a condescending tone. @king hassan , @O.G. , @Rahlow , @bigev240 , and others don't even do that. Why don't you try recruiting some members from the oldschoolhiphop forum? I'm sure they would be a little surprised like i was to see how you act in here.

They got a old school forum somewhere? Is it any good?
  • BedStuy
    edited September 2016
    Options
    joshrock wrote: »

It's okay but don't have as much traffic like this forum. 5 grand came here because it says allhiphop. He notice the demopgraphic in here is mostly Hip Hop fans that was born in the late 80's & 90's and made an age discrimination poll. There's still over a dozen old heads in here but they don't act like 5 grand. He's special.

His threads still does numbers but they be trolling him because he gives off a negative vibe sometimes i guess.
  • joshrock
    Options

It's okay but don't have as much traffic like this forum. 5 grand came here because it says allhiphop. He notice the demopgraphic in here is mostly Hip Hop fans that was born in the late 80's & 90's and made an age discrimination poll. There's still over a dozen old heads in here but they don't act like 5 grand. He's special.

His threads still does numbers but they be trolling him because he gives off a negative vibe sometimes i guess.

Whats the link for that joint?
  • BedStuy
    Options

it's a waste of time going there but anyway
  • joshrock
    Options

it's a waste of time going there but anyway

LOL. Good looks. Most of the time its a waste coming here. That's why I got so little posts in well over a decade.