• Brother_Five
    Brother_Five Members Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cam the Scammer
    he's a messy ? who loves drama
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The 'He is a ? !' mentality is part of the problem. Instead of ? on him, an OG needs to take this young ? aside and break down to him why his position is misguided. Chastising people who have differing views than you is hustling backwards. ESPECIALLY when you and that person both want the same thing at the end of the day.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Welp that ain't my ? so it don't matter to me

Too bad he the face of this city
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mryounggun wrote: »
    The 'He is a ? !' mentality is part of the problem. Instead of ? on him, an OG needs to take this young ? aside and break down to him why his position is misguided. Chastising people who have differing views than you is hustling backwards. ESPECIALLY when you and that person both want the same thing at the end of the day.

I don't believe sambos, sellouts and ? want the same thing that I do for my people.
  • BeleeDatPleighboy
    BeleeDatPleighboy Members Posts: 8,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Accountability is what we are asking for right?

that the racist cops that are killing us are held accountable for their actions.

That the people who are practicing the institutionalized racism and oppression (knowing and unknowingly) are held accountable and change course right?

politely skipped over the fact that he said the reality is that its a possibility for his kids that one day they don't have a dad because of this ? ? ...in reality cam is a 6'5'' 250 pound black man...and all it takes is one scary ass racist cop to feel threatened... will he be ? newton then?

All a lot of people are focusing on is the fact that he said "we as a community need to be accountable for our own ? too" to me does not equal "but what about black on black crime?" because we all know as a people its much more than that. Are you ? that are out here calling folks ? and uncle toms doing ? in your immediate area of influence? are your boots on the ground on the front line in your community breh? What young kids/teens are you mentoring? What jobs are you making available to your people if your in a position to do so? When the last time you donated your money or time to the cause? When the last time you were a patron of black owned business?

A lotta ? ? me off with this twitter fingers ? that's going on...most aint doing ? but posting and sitting they ass at home watching through the ? blinds.

If you aint doing ? but keyboard warrioring and twitter and fb activism YOU MY FRIEND ARE THE ?

*end rant*
  • semi-auto-mato
    semi-auto-mato Members Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    do i want can to get on the podium and say ? The Police? Yes but I can also understand why he doesn't say it. I don't know Cam and i will never be an NFL MVP and the face of an NFL team. News outlets will never put a microphone in my face as the sports reporters ask question after question and wait for my answer. I cant blame dude for trying to be what he considers politically correct. Cam is not David Clarke thinking he is one of them. He said he knows that he can be killed for being black. when is enough enough? he seems to be tired like the rest of us but he is in a position that rest of us are not in. im not gonna call him a ? or a sellout. im going to say he is being careful and i am going cross my fingers that when the time comes Cam will do his part (whatever that is).
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Another cowardly athlete. This behavior must be in their contract.
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So basically Cam Newton need a ghostwriter to talk about this issue smdh?
  • TheNightKing
    TheNightKing Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When he said people have to be held accountable for their actions, I thought he was referring to the cops. They're the only ones not being held accountable.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cam is a young dude who's whole life has revolved around playing a sport. This is exhibit 1A as to why no one should look to athletes/celebs for direction.

Exactly
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rapmusic wrote: »
    This is bigger than Cam Newton

Exactly
  • Mseries_
    Mseries_ Members Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    North Carolina and the city of Charlotte have taken some HUGE L 's this year

jm8p1rrop4ez.jpg

• mike06
    mike06 Members Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Options
    xxCivicxx wrote: »
    What did Cam say?

This was RS on Sunday I believe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-U4QatyCYM

this was yesterday at his weekly news conference
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mike06 wrote: »
    xxCivicxx wrote: »
    What did Cam say?

This was RS on Sunday I believe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-U4QatyCYM

this was yesterday and his weekly new conference

Despite that ? after the NFC championship game, against the 9ers I ? with Richard Sherman. After seeing this ? , I could tell that he really down with that interlocking arms ? and he only did it for team unity purposes. I wouldn't be surprised if RS takes a knees this Sunday, along with a a lot of other players.

Whether it's in the NFL, NBA, or the 3 African Americans in MLB cats need to say loud and proud, "? MR. CHARLIE, HIS COMPANIES AND ENDORSEMENTS! Tariq spoke to Brother Colin and if Brother Colin is ? with Tariq, then I know other cats are ? ' with Tariq. If they're ? ' with then they obviously know about this brother.

DrWatkins.jpg

If I was in the league, I'd be like ? these white folks and their endorsements. I make enough to bubble with them. I'd get with Dr. Boyce and devise a strategy that would eventually make me a billionaire. He'll these muthafuckas could come up in the game just off of investing in the market and owning property.
  • optimistic
    optimistic Members Posts: 659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There's a time and a place for everything. Black people have no problem talking about gun violence in the community because it has been talked about and protest against. The issue is that the "white" narrative is that somehow blacks won't get the respect they want until they stop killing each other. But when has white america ever respected black people? When gun violence wasn't an issue whites was lynching, ? , burning, shooting, and mutilating blacks. Even when blacks was trying to "look" like them with the conk hairstyles they still didn't respect black people.

If the narrative these ? want to use about black on black crime is that let's try to be united and be together like the old days then I'm all for it. But say that when the focus is on black on black crime and not when blacks want justice for corrupted ass cops shooting unarmed black people. That's ? ? .

Exactly!!!
  • TheNightKing
    TheNightKing Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mseries_ wrote: »

jm8p1rrop4ez.jpg

I thought fighting back was a "W" and peaceful protests were the "L"?
  • bless the child
    bless the child Members Posts: 5,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I tried to give benefit of doubt with previous statements but after hearing what he said today about the shooting, he is an official ? ? .

Damn, i really wanted to like this dude too smh.

And on top of that, he struggles when he tries and speak intelligently. It's like he's tryna portray some ? that he's not.
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    charles2 wrote: »
    Mseries_ wrote: »

jm8p1rrop4ez.jpg

I thought fighting back was a "W" and peaceful protests were the "L"?

Looting isn't fighting back bruh