The Official 2016-2017 NFL Season Thread.

Options

Comments

• BeleeDatPleighboy
    BeleeDatPleighboy Members Posts: 8,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Olorun22 wrote: »
    Cleveland Browns shouldn't have a nfl team. . They should be in the cfl

art Modell was a smart man...

got the ? up outta there and won him a SB
  • d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stew wrote: »
    d.green wrote: »
    Wish they stop sticking a mic in front Cam Newton's face.
    That guy is nauseating to listen to...no matter the topic.

It's in his contract to talk to the media.

I know but not sure how the media even sits there and listen to dude.
  • (ob)Scene
    (ob)Scene Members Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mister B. wrote: »
    http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17604958/san-francisco-49ers-qb-colin-kaepernick-most-disliked-player-nfl-according-poll-e-poll-marketing-research
    Poll: Kaepernick is most disliked player in NFL

Colin Kaepernick is now the most disliked player in the NFL.

That's at least according to a recent poll of Americans by E-Poll Marketing Research, which asked 1,100 people whose demographics were representative of the general population.

The overall negative sentiment for Kaepernick is even higher among NFL fans. Today, 36 percent say they dislike him "a lot," up from just 10 percent when last asked two years ago.

While results of the poll show Kaepernick being more disliked by the general population, much of that has to do with the fact that African-Americans only make up 15 percent of the U.S. population. Kaepernick hasn't been standing during the national anthem to show his displeasure with the treatment of African-Americans by police officers.

Among African-Americans, Kaepernick has never been more popular. The poll shows 42 percent of African-Americans now say they like the 49ers quarterback "a lot," while only 2 percent dislike him "a lot." Two years ago, only 16 percent of African-Americans said they liked Kaepernick "a lot," while 3 percent disliked him "a lot."

orl-colinkcolumn-wre0041212761-20160901.jpg

This tells me everything I need to know about the League.

About 70% of the league is black, yet he's the most disliked dude of them - by his own peers. Not to mention he's got the most popular-selling jersey.

My conclusion is that most of these black dudes in this league are to just too ? scared to say something, aloof to the situation, or just straight blinded by the $$$ to give a real ? about WHY Kappa Kap is doing this. That's why shout-outs to the dudes protesting with him are more deserved.

You didn't read the article I see...

The article? It says according to e-poll marketing research in the damn link & headline lol my ? read half a headline and had his mind made.
  • fightforolddc
    fightforolddc Members Posts: 981 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wait...Skins are now saying Norman didn't follow Brown and Dez because Breeland's feelings were hurt if Norman followed the #1 WR.

WTF

It's the coaches making excuses for their ? up game plan/non adjustments or the ? media hence nobody knowing in their presser today where that story about Norman playing on ODB except for the slot came from. It's what happens when u lose in a big market.

Call me crazy.

But I think this slow start and contrived controversy (best believe the media is making some of this ? up with "anonymous sources") is going to be good for this team.

I expect them to win on Sunday and go on a roll. I do think this team is talented and believe they will get it together.
  • bigev240
    bigev240 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 10,925 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    kaepernick-final.0.0.jpg

Colin Kaepernick to cover TIME Magazine

http://time.com/4504014/colin-kaepernick-kneel/

I'll buy a few copies of that
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Source: NFL, Panthers meeting about possibly moving Sunday's game after protests
    CHARLOTTE, NC (WJZY) - Officials from the NFL and the Carolina Panthers are meeting about possibly moving Sunday's game against the Minnesota Vikings, a source tells FOX 46 Charlotte.

Panthers President Danny Morrison released the following statement:

“We are in contact with government officials, the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department and the NFL. We are continuing to monitor events as we prepare for Sunday’s home game.”

No further information was made available.

Sunday's game is scheduled to take place at Bank of America Stadium in Charlotte.

The meeting comes after protests erupted Tuesday and Wednesday in Charlotte over the shooting death of Keith Lamont Scott by police at an apartment complex in University City.

Police said Scott, 43, was armed getting out of a car and threatened police officers. Family members, however, said Scott was disabled and was reading a book while waiting to pick up his son from the school bus.

Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Chief Kerr Putney said that officers recovered the gun Scott had on him at the time of the shooting at the scene.

A photo taken by a witness appeared to show a gun near Scott. A source confirmed that the gun in the photo was the gun in question.

Demonstrators took to the streets Tuesday and Wednesday to express outrage over Scott's death.

Wednesday protests started peacefully, but events quickly turned violent after demonstrators reached the city's EpiCentre, a popular area filled with bars and restaurants.

One person was shot and several other people had to be taken to the hospital. According to CMPD, that person is on life support.

Officials with the City of Charlotte said that the shooting involved two civilians. No shots were fired by police, according to officials.

Police could be seen on the streets dressed in riot gear. Area businesses were vandalized with their windows smashed in.

On Tuesday protesters lined the streets of the University City section of Charlotte. At least sixteen officers and five protesters were injured during the demonstrations. Officers could be seen dressed in riot gear as protesters hurled water bottles into the crowds. Some demonstrators were seen smashing car windows and causing heavy damage to property.

I remember the Orioles had a game with no fans allowed during the Baltimore protest. No way they could pull that off with only 8 home games but they would have to try somethin if it stays crazy over there.

If I had tickets to that game I would need my money back or free transportation to and from the new location of where the game is played.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Wait...Skins are now saying Norman didn't follow Brown and Dez because Breeland's feelings were hurt if Norman followed the #1 WR.

WTF

It's the coaches making excuses for their ? up game plan/non adjustments or the ? media hence nobody knowing in their presser today where that story about Norman playing on ODB except for the slot came from. It's what happens when u lose in a big market.

Call me crazy.

But I think this slow start and contrived controversy (best believe the media is making some of this ? up with "anonymous sources") is going to be good for this team.

I expect them to win on Sunday and go on a roll. I do think this team is talented and believe they will get it together.

Agreed 100%, just need a W.
  • bigev240
    bigev240 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 10,925 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

WTF

Call me crazy.

You guys can get that W next Sunday against the Browns.
  • natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

WTF

Call me crazy.

Alotta talent on that squad...however Cousins is wack...? the new nick foles

• fightforolddc
    Options

WTF

Call me crazy.

Alotta talent on that squad...however Cousins is wack...? the new nick foles

Cousins is a lot better than Foles. Hes not wack.

He been playing like ? , and he doesn't have that natural confidence like some QBs have. But he will step up.
  • fightforolddc
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Breeland is also not wack, just had a bad first two games.

What they need to do is COMMIT to running even if it's not getting big gains early on. That will get their play action passing going.

I'd also like to see Chris Thompson get more clock, like at least two downs. The guy has really impressed me as pass blocker, and also has some serious juice on draws.
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17604958/san-francisco-49ers-qb-colin-kaepernick-most-disliked-player-nfl-according-poll-e-poll-marketing-research

That's at least according to a recent poll of Americans by E-Poll Marketing Research, which asked 1,100 people whose demographics were representative of the general population.

The overall negative sentiment for Kaepernick is even higher among NFL fans. Today, 36 percent say they dislike him "a lot," up from just 10 percent when last asked two years ago.

While results of the poll show Kaepernick being more disliked by the general population, much of that has to do with the fact that African-Americans only make up 15 percent of the U.S. population. Kaepernick hasn't been standing during the national anthem to show his displeasure with the treatment of African-Americans by police officers.

Among African-Americans, Kaepernick has never been more popular. The poll shows 42 percent of African-Americans now say they like the 49ers quarterback "a lot," while only 2 percent dislike him "a lot." Two years ago, only 16 percent of African-Americans said they liked Kaepernick "a lot," while 3 percent disliked him "a lot."

About 70% of the league is black, yet he's the most disliked dude of them - by his own peers. Not to mention he's got the most popular-selling jersey.

My conclusion is that most of these black dudes in this league are to just too ? scared to say something, aloof to the situation, or just straight blinded by the $$$ to give a real ? about WHY Kappa Kap is doing this. That's why shout-outs to the dudes protesting with him are more deserved.

Actually, I did. And my comment still stand.

Regardless of how many new saltine hate this dude, there are WAY too many black people in the league that could cancel that ? out, unless they interviewed all cac players to get this result.
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Draft kings league started. $10 entry fee
  • bow to royalty
    bow to royalty Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Options

Regardless of how many new saltine hate this dude, there are WAY too many black people in the league that could cancel that ? out, unless they interviewed all cac players to get this result.

You still haven't read the article. Isn't it easier to just read it instead of lying and saying you did?
  • (ob)Scene
    (ob)Scene Members Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Dog, such confidence. I'm crying right now lmao
  • bow to royalty
    bow to royalty Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    (ob)Scene wrote: »

Dog, such confidence. I'm crying right now lmao

Haha this is how bad info spreads too. See how passionate he is about it? Probably already told people NFL players hate Kap
  • ethos
    ethos Members Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Skins bout to win.

Because the g men need to lose.

So we sitting up top the nfc east after we whip the steelers and convert th em non believers

B)
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ethos wrote: »
    Skins bout to win.

Because the g men need to lose.

So we sitting up top the nfc east after we whip the steelers and convert th em non believers

B)
    2015-08-30-21-51-38-572436947_zpsudfvu9mm.jpeg
    You don't believe that
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Which one of you Texans fans wants to do a banishment bet?
  • tupacfan12
    tupacfan12 Members Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hopkins is not human bruh.
  • Mseries_
    Mseries_ Members Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yo those color pack NE jerseys threw me off for a sec, it looked like the Texans vs Texans

Let's see what our boy Brissett got cooking tonight
  • louis rich
    louis rich Members Posts: 2,019 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    waiting for brissett to do something n make me proud
    chillin.gif
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Black excellence
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man, if Houston get their ass bust by a third string rookie QB...