Do certain events/gatherings still have significant meanings when dating?

Options
AP21
AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
was talking to a podnuh of mine and he was telling me that this girl he "involved" with invited him to a wedding. They havent been "involved" for that long, so he declines the wedding invite. Maybe a week later, she invites him to a Christening of her homegirls kid or something.

I told him i didnt think it was a good idea b/c women view certain events differently from men and that events like weddings, christenings, etc...arent a good look for you IF you dont plan on it going anywhere serious.

What say ya'll IC?

Do these events/gatherings mean something when you just casually involved with someone or you should only attend these events if ya'll getting serious?

NOTE: im not limiting the choices to just weddings and christenings, but basically any event where in all likelihood, she is trying to introduce a dude to fam, friends, etc... as her s/o, while the dude is just trying to smash.

Comments

• AP21
    Options
    Trollio wrote: »
    Just go for the food n drinks. ? the underlying motive

so you in the business of selling dreams Trollio? lol
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    if you don't want to meet her friends and family cuz you know you don't rock with her like that.. then that's what it is.....

i mean i guess some people are shy or anti social....but i see no reason to turn down invitations unless you just not that serious and don't wanna mix messages
  • AP21
    Options
    DWO wrote: »
    if you don't want to meet her friends and family cuz you know you don't rock with her like that.. then that's what it is.....

i mean i guess some people are shy or anti social....but i see no reason to turn down invitations unless you just not that serious and don't wanna mix messages

bolded...thats what im saying

my pov is attending those types of gatherings just sends a bunch of mixed messages
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In my opinion, weddings and ? as dates have never had any more significance than dinner and a movie or some ? like that.
  • AP21
    Options
    mryounggun wrote: »
    In my opinion, weddings and ? as dates have never had any more significance than dinner and a movie or some ? like that.

idk about that fam...i;ve known a few chicks that caught wedding and baby fever when they've attended certain events with their s/o or whoever the guy was at the time

the guy, wasnt with all of that, but the girl was thinking the situation was more than what it was
  • yellowtapesport
    yellowtapesport Members Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If I ain't bout to take u to meet my fam..then I aint tryna meet yours.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    everyone is there for a good time, the meaning is pointless to most
  • AP21
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »
    everyone is there for a good time, the meaning is pointless to most

is katie your wife's real name or the generic becky one that the IC gave her?

semi-srs question
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • AP21
    Options
    Cinco speaking that real

i guess wifing chicks all ? nilly is the new wave
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If he doesnt have any intention of getting serious with the girl, then it would be a no on both events.

If he does want to get serious with her, but they are still feeling eachother out in the beginning stages, I would probably attend the wedding, but not the christening.
  • MissK
    MissK Members Posts: 4,103 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't like weddings and not religious so I'm good
  • obnoxiouslyfresh
    obnoxiouslyfresh Members Posts: 11,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Some events are definitely special. Thanksgiving means you're in there.
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah that's gonna be a no from me dog. I learned my lesson about just going anywhere you been invited by a broad, went to a barbeque with this chick who I was just ? one time just 'for the food' ran into another chick I was ? at the BBQ..... turned out they were sisters..... yeah I'll let you guess how this story ends.
  • rickmogul
    rickmogul Members Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Of course women will see some simple ? as " A Moment" or some significant statement your trying to make by going or taking her to a place. My Mom came in town once and the chick I was dating I told her " We gone have lunch with my Mom 2mrw.". She freaked the ? out! ? , I'm not sure if I'm ready for this, what do u think she'll say, does she know about me? I went, man we going to eat man y u tripping? Moms know when the "bring her around" is the " bring her around" for her thoughts but not approval. Ol girl was very educated too far from a bird but I learned from that moment they have sky views while we just 10 toe stepping not looking @ it through their eyes.
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Meh, she could be trying to get more serious or maybe she just needs a +1 to go to events with her...it's just a date.

Depends on the female I suppose.
  • AP21
    Options
    Kat wrote: »
    Meh, she could be trying to get more serious or maybe she just needs a +1 to go to events with her...it's just a date.

so just because you can bring a +1 means you're going to?

I mean, you can drive with ya feet, but that dont necessarily make it a good idea
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AP21 wrote: »
    Kat wrote: »

so just because you can bring a +1 means you're going to?

I mean, you can drive with ya feet, but that dont necessarily make it a good idea

I mean if I'm ? you and you're the type that can be brought out in a public setting, why not? It's not that serious.

How he's introduced would play a part. I'd introduce him as a friend.

• AP21
    Options
    ok, i see your pov, but in my OP, i said i told him that he shouldnt go if he didnt think it was going anywhere even close to being serious.

now in that example, the girl thinks its one thing while its clearly another.

does you position still stand?