Has A Rapper Ever Fallen Off Harder Than Kanye?

Options

Comments

• bless the child
    bless the child Members Posts: 5,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Word...that ? with Kid Cudi that's on the radio is a waste of a potentially good song. His verse was just dumb as ? .
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wayne easy
    Eminem
    I would say 50=Kanye
  • FourEfil
    FourEfil Members Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DMX - ....And Than There was X>>>>>>
    Eminem - 8 Mile Soundtrack, Half of Encore>>>>>
    Pharcyde (group) - Labincalifornia>>>
    Canibus - Rip The Jacker>>
  • N YO HOOD
    N YO HOOD Members Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I stopped ? with him after graduation
  • CitySojourner
    CitySojourner Members Posts: 689 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nelly, LL, 50, Ja Rule, DMX
  • Preach2Teach
    Preach2Teach Members Posts: 3,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cosign DMX he is one of my favorite rappers ever but he fell off hard, but I still put Kanye ahead of X because X only has one ? album and Kanye has 2 in a row, Em fell off with Encore but not half as bad as ye and X.
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Options
    Just came in to say Eminem
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    Ja Rule went from arguably running rap to being a pariah the very next year.
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    surprised no one said Cam
  • sTaY_TrUe
    sTaY_TrUe Members Posts: 4,189 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • the_focused_one
    the_focused_one Members Posts: 560 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I would listen to Encore and MMLP2 fully TWICE before I listen to Yeezus in full again... There is almost nothing redeemable about Ye's music these days...

Em is at least still lyrical and can put on a show with his flow, even if the content has dried up. Kanye is eating off Kardashian infamy and the nostalgia of his old ? , like Nintendo.

Stop ? ' playin' ya selves...

• supergangster
    supergangster Members Posts: 8,872 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    #FreePalestine
  • Lebong James
    Lebong James Members Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What do ? hate so much about TLOP?lol Yeezus i can understand, thats an experimental album that was never gonna be liked on this forum but TLOP is the most "normal" hip hop album Ye has done since MBDTF. No More Parties in LA, Real Friends, 30 Hours, FSMH1-2, FML, Famous, ULB etc...some quality songs on there. Might be his worst album, but still solid. His best sampling in a long time imo
  • natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DMX

Came in to say X ..musically I don't think anyone fell off as hard(motions in hip hop at least)..when I listen to kanye the potential is still there "30 hours" "no more parties" "part 2"...but DMX is a whole different story..actually saddens me to hear the dude rap nowadays. Kanye just seems like he is purposely making "different" music..not sure if that's the case or he just can't cut it like he used to. Either way X's downfall is a cultural tragedy
  • f.e.d.s.
    f.e.d.s. Members Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yes...several of them
  • natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »
    Ja Rule went from arguably running rap to being a pariah the very next year.

Ja rules downfall was mostly a public image thing...if u go back n listen to his albums he didn't fall off as hard as it seems..50 made it look worse..ja kept making the same hits that had him running rap prior to his perceived "fall off". He never made another venni vitti vicci..but that's not what put him on top anyways..it was all them damn female anthems lol..which coincidently led to his fall

• Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I would listen to Encore and MMLP2 fully TWICE before I listen to Yeezus in full again... There is almost nothing redeemable about Ye's music these days...

Em is at least still lyrical and can put on a show with his flow, even if the content has dried up. Kanye is eating off Kardashian infamy and the nostalgia of his old ? , like Nintendo.

Stop ? ' playin' ya selves...

U know where we are at :joy:

And this can be said for Ye, Em and Jay.
    eastbay510 wrote: »
    I don't think Kanye's #1 priority and passion is music anymore.

And it's probably hard to stay hungry when you reach his level of success.

But I don't enjoy his music too much anymore, I used to stop whatever I was doing to check out some new Kanye ? . Now I barely get around to it and when I do the music doesn't move me.

• Cabana_Da_Don
    Cabana_Da_Don Members Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    N YO HOOD wrote: »
    I stopped ? with him after graduation

What about that dark secret watever album.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    DMX is the correct answer here easily.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dmx was considered washed 10 years ago so I mean...it might be him
  • JamieShea88
    JamieShea88 Members Posts: 68 ✭✭
    Options
    ReppinTime wrote: »
    Jay z fell off way harder but yall pretend he ain't been garbage for 10yrs. American gangster his only decent release since black album. Kanye has dropped MULTIPLE classics since both those albums. Even yeezus has blood on the leaves on it which is debatable his best song ever.

Em also fell off worse even tho lyrically he ain't fall off nearly as bad as jigger

manfx3b7shdc.jpg

• qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jay z fell off way harder but yall pretend he ain't been garbage for 10yrs. American gangster his only decent release since black album. Kanye has dropped MULTIPLE classics since both those albums. Even yeezus has blood on the leaves on it which is debatable his best song ever.

Em also fell off worse even tho lyrically he ain't fall off nearly as bad as jigger

There was nothing wrong with mchg
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    qawshun wrote: »

There was nothing wrong with mchg

There was a lot wrong with it but I don't think it's as horrible as ? make it seem.
  • anduin
    anduin Members Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes, many others have fallen off far worse than Kanye. Kanye still makes good music, there's just a lot more ? too.
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Canibus went from being one of the most feared battle rappers to losing a battle to a no name white boy.

And what made it so bad was that all Canibus ever rapped about is how he'd destroy anybody in a battle.