Jeezy...Lupe Fiasco...The Game. What does each do to make a comeback

Options
25centsandwich
25centsandwich Members Posts: 456 ✭✭✭
10 years ago they were at the top...i see a "2nd career" as far as hip hop for one of them but what yall think?

Comments

• 25centsandwich
    edited September 2016
    Options
    JJ_Evans wrote: »
    Game already successfully made his comeback last year with arguably the best rap album of the year.....Documentary 2/2.5

I agree somewhat bruh...Documentary 2.5 was good record...but it wasn't the original or Doctor's Advocate

But honestly my opinion on who had the best chance was The Game too...there really never was a great to follow his first two albums...

Lupe's message feels dated in this current climate...

Jeezy followed up his early work by solid if not great records...

IMO, that leaves The Game to really deliver
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Options
    What is a comeback exactly

Jeezy n game have sold a lot they just in making ? cuz they like music mode imo, Lupe has done ok himself but I can't tell with him

Quality wise that politically correct tape from Jeezy was flame, n trap or die 3 sounds promising, idk bout the other 2 don't really check for em lately
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    Game already successfully made his comeback last year with arguably the best rap album of the year.....Documentary 2/2.5

I agree somewhat bruh...Documentary 2.5 was good record...but it wasn't the original or Doctor's Advocate

But honestly my opinion on who had the best chance was The Game too...there really never was a great to follow his first two albums...

Lupe's message feels dated in this current climate

Hmm what exactly is Lupe's message
  • MrCrookedLetter
    MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jazzybella wrote: »
    Who said Jeezy needed a comeback?? He's about to drop the mixtape of 2016....leave bae alone :/

His last album was MEHHHHHH as hell
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Come back from what?
  • R2_163
    R2_163 Members Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "Lupe's message feels dated in this current climate..."

how so?
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Lupe fell off and outdated? Games last few studio albums have been fire. Only Jeezy been lackluster but that Trap or Die 3 already looks promising.

Hip hop is more than who is dickriding you and who's beefing with who. You seem to be out of touch yourself if you're going by.. by whatever you're going by.

I just don't get it. Documentary 2 and 2.5 and Tetsuo & Youth were both recent albums by 2 out of the 3 mentioned that were AOTY candidates in both their respective years.

Sorry if this was almost as long winded as that Sion bible above me.
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The only way they can make a comeback is with hit singles. they're all droppin quality projects that satisfy their fanbases sooooo....
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    edited September 2016
    Options
    25 cent thread
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The only one of them washed is lupe
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jeezey done.........

Gucci killed him.

It's crazy. I can't see 2016 Gucci Mane killing anybody.
  • Stew
    Options
    AggyAF wrote: »

What has Jeezy done better than Tetsuo & Youth like... since.... his 1st album?
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stew wrote: »

I wasn't under the impression we were comparing them
  • Stew
    Options

I wasn't under the impression we were comparing them

We're not but u said Lupe is washed and not Jeezy. How sway?
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jay Jenkins was washed as ? as soon as he lost weight
  • 25centsandwich
    Options
    Sion wrote: »

Lupe's message feels dated in this current climate...

That album was sonically and lyrically way better than Doctor's Advocate. The only reason I feel why cats will put those 2 albums over it is because their nostalgic experiences override logic. That's completely normal tho, it's part of what makes us realise some albums as classics and some albums as not. It's extremely difficult to really compete with that and win.

I really disagree with that..the doctors advocate was better than the orignal imo...

Compton, the doctors advocate, and lookin at you would be the best 3 tracks on his newest record...

But he never completed that true dope trilogy...

Jeezy ALMOST did it...Lupe SHOULDVE did it (T&Y was great but it was a different Lupe)...

But we never got another truly great one from The Game
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    Comeback in terms of mainstream? I think that ship has sailed for all 3 of them.
  • Stew
    edited September 2016
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »
    Comeback in terms of mainstream? I think that ship has sailed for all 3 of them.

We're are gonna start judging albums differently (if we havnt already) by the way it affects the public due to the internet. Its a completely diff game than what it was in 2005. Fair or not. Personally, Im already over the "sales" thing cause they dont count them the same on top of the majority of the sales dont come from real "Hip Hoppers".
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    Jeezy is not washed musically, just say y'all weren't feeling It or u never liked him lyrically, that track with bankroll is a banger n it ain't even out yet, politically correct was pure flames

https://youtu.be/hhkXfF26ceI
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »

We're are gonna start judging albums differently (if we havnt already) by the way it affects the public due to the internet. Its a completely diff game than what it was in 2005. Fair or not. Personally, Im already over the "sales" thing cause they dont count them the same on top of the majority of the sales dont come from real "Hip Hoppers".

I never cared about sales ain't like they're cutting me a % of their sales.