The OTTB Wrestling News thread

Options

Comments

• RobCoLife
    RobCoLife Members Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If I was booking I would have Brock vs Aj at mainia with Aj going over.
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    OGDirtyDee wrote: »
    TheBoyRo wrote: »
    OGDirtyDee wrote: »
    TheBoyRo wrote: »
    Don't care about reactions, but I really don't wanna see the rock back wrestling in a WWE ring

Why the ? when he still goes just as good as most of them?

Yea i forgot, he had that 6 second "masterpiece" with Erick Rowan at wrestle mania this year. FOH

So this is based on that? lol I swear some yall be reaching for the stars

Rock should be used to excel talent, not with guys he's had matches with before
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I could see rock winning wit a usos/Nia Jax interference

Fixed and GOAT
  • BangEm_Bart
    Options
    fans aren't still crying over the universal title are they?

I personally like the red one but everyone's entitled to their own opinion. Gold one looks dope as well.
  • TonyDubbz
    TonyDubbz Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 19,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Randy Orton spoke on a lot of different real world topics on Booker T's "Heated Conversations" Podcast. Protest, Kneeling during the anthem, the reason he went AWOL, Racism, Riots in Charlotte, NC.

Randy Orton Heated Conversations Highlights

As it was announced by Booker T via Twitter, Randy Orton would be joining him on his podcast Heated Conversations to talk about some issues going on with Twitter, the national anthem, and his stance on things going on in the world in general.

Below you can find the highlights from Randy Orton on the podcast:

Randy Orton on going AWOL: “I didn’t have the courage to die for my country. You could see from them [marines] the courage to die for this country. That they would be willing to risk everything for this country, for our freedom. That’s why you should stand for the pledge, that’s why you should stand for the anthem.”

Randy Orton on responses to his tweets: “I tweeted some stuff, and I saw the responses. I went through them. I laughed at a few of them. But that’s their stance man, that’s their stance.”

Randy Orton on Colin Kaepernick: “I respect what he’s kneeling for. I think what he’s kneeling for is right. I don’t respect the way he’s doing it. The kneeling, I just, I don’t think it’s right at all. I’m against the kneeling.”

Randy Orton on the recent issues in Charlotte:
    “With the protests, their down there for the right reasons. There are people down there who really are down there to protest for the issue. But with that, it gives people the excuse to go down there for the wrong reasons.”

Randy Orton on America today: “With all the news accounts and everything I follw on Social Media I see a lot of stuff. Sometimes I’ll be reading through this stuff and have to put my phone away seeing what’s going on. It’s scary man, it really is scary and with all the protesting, the fires, everything that is going on I still believe this is the greatest country on earth. This is the greatest place to live.”

Randy Orton on being a father (grandfather): “I look at this generation and see everything that’s going on and thinking about the future. I worry about my kids, my grandkids in the future and I worry about what my grandkids may go through. With all the kneeling, stomping, ? on the ? (bleeped) flag. I worry.”

Randy Orton on today’s media: “I pay attention to what’s going on everywhere, like I follow new sites and things like that. But when you look at the media today, even if you look at all of it, trying to find what’s true. You what Trump is saying is from his heart and if it’s real. What Hillary is saying is from her heart and if it’s real. It’s hard to decipher everything going on, what to even believe about anything.”

Randy Orton on the Presidential election: “I mean, this is a clown show. This election man, it’s hard. You get what they are saying what they will give you but you don’t know. You don’t know what you’re doing to get and it’s scary.”

Randy Orton on slavery: “Speaking about it can be hard. It’s hard for me as a white male to talk to people about that issue. It’s hard knowing that had happened and it’s scary, it really is. These days, people can judge you for anything you say, you have to be careful talking about that. I don’t know where these people are coming from, people can get on you about that. So you just have to be careful man.”

Those are the highlights from Randy Orton’s interview on Booker T’s podcast Heated Conversations. Overall a great interview. The interview in audio should be up by tomorrow. Very decent to just sit down and listen to. Much worth it.
  • BangEm_Bart
    Options
    I have a tremendous amount of respect for Randy after that interview. Seems like a real down to earth guy and I understand why Jericho was checking up on him. Brock is a cool guy too, I bet.
  • TonyDubbz
    TonyDubbz Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 19,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Looks to me like Booker dont hold back with the questions on his ? and I like that
  • BangEm_Bart
    Options
    TonyDubbz wrote: »
    Looks to me like Booker dont hold back with the questions on his ? and I like that

He has his own wrestling show out here in houston called Booker T Huffman's reality of wrestling (similar to ROH). He doing his damn thing in the independent circuit as well as being a commentator on WWE and he's in all these commercials. I hope he becomes the next Vince McMahon.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    RobCoLife wrote: »

How would the finish go tho, they will have to tell a hell of a story to make it make sense that aj wins but cena n Orton got decimated
  • playboy buddy rose
    playboy buddy rose Members Posts: 2,844 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What was the point of having a rematch at a house show no less and Lesnar still go over
    mravzmxa7oub.jpeg
    Orton ain't on brocks level.. not then not now not eva

• KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Minor spoiler:
    New Seth Rollins theme music that might debut tonight. There may be lyrics added to it as well.

• illestni99ainne
    illestni99ainne Members Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What was the point of having a rematch at a house show no less and Lesnar still go over
    mravzmxa7oub.jpeg

But cena who has beaten Brock is?
  • eternal soldier
    eternal soldier Members Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • playboy buddy rose
    Options
    mravzmxa7oub.jpeg

not really but unlike Orton cent was the face of tha company

• Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    WWE officials are extremely high on Dana Brooke, and plan to use her current program with Charlotte as a means to push her as the top babyface on Raw - over Bayley or Sasha Banks.

Dean Ambrose is expected to take time off to film a new WWE Studios project after Oct. 9’s No Mercy.

This seems unlikely given his comments over the years, but there’s a rumor going around Paul Heyman is interested in contributing more to WWE Creative, and Vince McMahon likes the idea of getting someone with more of a wrestling (less Hollywood writer) background involved beyond Triple H and himself.
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Max. wrote: »
    WWE officials are extremely high on Dana Brooke, and plan to use her current program with Charlotte as a means to push her as the top babyface on Raw - over Bayley or Sasha Banks.

impossible
  • RobCoLife
    RobCoLife Members Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    RobCoLife wrote: »

How would the finish go tho, they will have to tell a hell of a story to make it make sense that aj wins but cena n Orton got decimated

You go a point. I was more so thinking about the run AJ is on. Perfect collison course.
  • illestni99ainne
    illestni99ainne Members Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mravzmxa7oub.jpeg

Orton was face of the company at one point
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    Orton was batman to Cena superman
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    Options
    Seth Rollins was reportedly injured during the WWE Universal Title Match against Kevin Owens at Clash of Champions last night, apparently during the top rope Gutbuster spot.
    Rollins was said to be “definitely” hurt when returning backstage last night and was treated but we don’t have any other updates as of this writing. One report had Rollins having trouble breathing backstage, which could indicate a rib injury.
  • Serious Juice Mayne
    Serious Juice Mayne Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 5,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Matt got wrestling on smash right now the only interesting thing going. The rest of ? been legit boring outside of AJ styles
  • playboy buddy rose
    Options
    mravzmxa7oub.jpeg

Orton was face of the company at one point
    when that ? was this

• BangEm_Bart
    Options
    Max. wrote: »

impossible

First Cena, now this? Yea I'm done.