Kigali, Rwanda one of the safest and cleanest cities in the world

Options
High Revolutionary
High Revolutionary Members Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2016 in For The Grown & Sexy
10731491_875402959166813_83713600_n.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VA20y54qBSk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqSIIaQ_JHc
Rwanda is a small country, with its modern capital, Kigali, at the centre. From here the roads radiate outwards, like the spokes of a wheel, and hence on most Rwanda holidays you'll occasionally spend a night here as part of any itinerary. It’s a pleasant city scattered over several hills with enough to do to keep visitors occupied for a couple of days, easy to walk around with plenty of bars, cafes and restaurants for sustenance.

One of the first things most people notice is that, particularly for an African city, Kigali is spotlessly clean, partly because plastic bags are banned in the country but also because of a universal service called Umuganda when everyone gets together on the last Saturday morning of each month working on community projects like keeping streets clean, tending to gardens and helping neighbours. Do bear this in mind should you be on holiday in Rwanda during this time – many shops and businesses will be closed for the morning.

Kigali has relatively few tourists but those that take the time to explore the city are rewarded by a friendly response from locals and a more rounded insight into the country as a whole.

https://www.expertafrica.com/rwanda/kigali

Comments

• D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ether at the haters . Ima have to touchdown there 4 vakay very soon
  • MarcusGarvey
    MarcusGarvey Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Country is run with an iron fist - it's rebounded well from the genocide.

Bucket list includes Kenyan Safari and visit Ethiopia, Rwanda, Uganda. One day
  • Allah_U_Akbar
    Allah_U_Akbar Members Posts: 11,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    One of the first things most people notice is that, particularly for an African city, Kigali is spotlessly clean

WTF is that supposed to mean?

Africa is a huge continent with many, many nations.

Is there some reason why an African city being "spotlessly clean" would be worth noting?

[img]http://gifsec.com/wp-content/uploads/GIF/2014/04/get-the-? -out-of-here.gif?gs=a[/img]

• zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    One of the first things most people notice is that, particularly for an African city, Kigali is spotlessly clean

WTF is that supposed to mean?

Africa is a huge continent with many, many nations.

Is there some reason why an African city being "spotlessly clean" would be worth noting?

[img]http://gifsec.com/wp-content/uploads/GIF/2014/04/get-the-? -out-of-here.gif?gs=a[/img]

Most African cities are not that clean so kisgali being so clean is worth noting it looks cleans than some american cities.
  • Allah_U_Akbar
    Allah_U_Akbar Members Posts: 11,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What... Is Africa a ? continent?

They would never make a big deal about an Asian or European city being "spotlessly clean".

Whoever wrote that article needs to get smacked the ? up.
  • High Revolutionary
    High Revolutionary Members Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Man I swear y'all would ? up a free cornbread dinner.

On the real I didn't notice those subliminals in that expertafrica article, I just copied and pasted a random article to provide insight.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Benevolent dictators is what Africa and the Caribbean need . Rwanda has made great strides since 1994
  • Dazzling
    Dazzling Members Posts: 410 ✭✭✭
    Options
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »
    Ether at the haters . Ima have to touchdown there 4 vakay very soon

This. Heard great things about Nigeria as well.
  • A Talented One
    A Talented One Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Umuganda in action:

member%20of%20the%20community%20taking%20part%20in%20Umuganda%20(2).JPG
  • A Talented One
    A Talented One Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    Options
    AggyAF wrote: »
    Benevolent dictators is what Africa and the Caribbean need . Rwanda has made great strides since 1994

I doubt that's what Africa needs, but the Caribbean certainly does not need it. What TF are you thinking?
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options

I doubt that's what Africa needs, but the Caribbean certainly does not need it. What TF are you thinking?

A benevolent but harsh Haitian president or Jamaican PM would do wonders for those countries. maybe the small islands are fine
  • zzombie
    Options

A benevolent but harsh Haitian president or Jamaican PM would do wonders for those countries. maybe the small islands are fine

nah we don't need that ? in jamaica
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options
    zzombie wrote: »

jamaica needs something.....IMO a Lee Kuan Yee type would be perfect
  • zzombie
    Options

Men like him are rare and I mean rare as ? .
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options

you could do it zzombie
  • zzombie
    Options

you could do it zzombie

YOU know what maybe i will
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol People in here bashing them for making this article must not understand how ? a lot of cities out there are. Also, you missed that they said it's one of the safest cities in the world too, which means a lot given it wasn't that long ago that there was a full out genocide going on in the country.
  • MarcusGarvey
    MarcusGarvey Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Singapore success is hard to repeat.
    Jamaica would have to be the one of the busiest ports of the Americas. That's more Panamas lane. And a haven to hide overseas money.
    JA need to cut down it's debt, public sector wages, and keep having those Chinese build highways (saves me a lot time going to Ocho) in exchange for tolls and votes at UN.
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options

Singapore success is hard to repeat.
    Jamaica would have to be the one of the busiest ports of the Americas. That's more Panamas lane. And a haven to hide overseas money.
    JA need to cut down it's debt, public sector wages, and keep having those Chinese build highways (saves me a lot time going to Ocho) in exchange for tolls and votes at UN.

Well the Chinese are building that logistics hub near Kingston
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yay?

One city out of an entire country though?
  • zzombie
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    Yay?

HOW many cities do you think rwanda has??? it's a very small nation especially by African standards
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    Yay?

HOW many cities do you think rwanda has??? it's a very small nation especially by African standards

It has more than 1 that's for sure
  • mrrealone
    mrrealone Members Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Good. Won't be surprised if its better than some cities in the States.....