Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lil something i worked on today
  • Go figure
    Options
    young luka wrote: »
    Another older joint

Man ill come up with some good ideas in my head when I hear a sample I like but im a certified ? when it comes to choppin n flippin. I can only do beats from scratch n its funny cuz I prefer sampled beats in my playlists
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I feel more creative with beats from scratch, I be wanting to sample but I'll stress about how to make it different
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    most recent beat i finished, kinda went 4 a muddy nu-trap feel

http://www.audiomack.com/song/quiet-boy-millz/mud
  • young luka
    young luka Members Posts: 280 ✭✭
    Options
    I like a bit of both to be honest...flipping samples is like my favorite thing to do but i'm nice with the originals too.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
  • RXMasked
    RXMasked Members Posts: 321 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Idk why I haven't posted in here but here's a snippet beat tape that I made like two years ago, all off the motif 8.

• Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Go figure
    Options
    This was a Remix of PARTYNEXTDOOR's "Kehlani's Freestyle " that i made some months back

I made this for.................my Baby Mama :s

@JonnyRoccIT what did u make this on?
  • JonnyRoccIT
    JonnyRoccIT Members Posts: 14,389 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Go figure wrote: »
    This was a Remix of PARTYNEXTDOOR's "Kehlani's Freestyle " that i made some months back

FL Studio
    ...i just downloaded a Reason 9 Trial, so i'ma see how that Goes this weekend.
  • Go figure
    Options

FL Studio

u got some good mixes bruh diggin the page
  • JonnyRoccIT
    JonnyRoccIT Members Posts: 14,389 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

FL Studio

u got some good mixes bruh diggin the page

Preciate that bro...

Been waitin on somebody to notice lol
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    Plus tell me about the pros and cons of desktop vs laptop because my brother said he can make me a desktop for $500 i just would need a monitor

Desktops are generally more powerful than laptops unless u get something high end on the Apple price range

Maybe others can add to this but RAM is very important. The more RAM the better your cpu can handle multiple things at once. I have a lap top with 4GB RAM and it cant do much past browsing/streaming/basic ? . I highly doubt it could run a program like FL Studio or Ableton efficiently especially when u start using plug ins...will lead to too much lag.

As long as u get something with 8GB+ RAM you'll be alright. U can even just google 'music production lap top' for suggestions n what to look for

Desktop pros - u can always update hardware to keep up with technology
    Laptop pros - u can take it anywhere with u easily

How you work is more important than what you're working with. If you're smart about it, you can make beats on an old ass P3 with 512MB of RAM.

Give you an example:

v322qt.png

^^ This is my DAW.

Back in 2006, this would have been state-of-the-art. But it ain't 2006, it's 2016 and even a current ? -tier Celeron can run circles around this thing.

But...

With it I can create anything I want because I know how to work smarter. I came up during the age of hardware synths and I approach softsynths in exactly the same way. For example: I don't use multiple instances of Kontakt for samples. I use a single instance set up as a multi-timbral instrument; exactly how I would with an old Emu e64, ESI32, Akai S3000/S2000, or Yamaha A3000. I'd also make use of Kontakt as an instrument itself with various instrument patches and whatnot so from a single VST I can have samples AND instrument sounds flying off of it, making better use of what I have. Same for Korg M1 and any other multi-timbral VST I have in my collection. Working like this allows me to keep using hardware long after everyone else would have abandoned it.
  • Go figure
    Options
    Plus tell me about the pros and cons of desktop vs laptop because my brother said he can make me a desktop for $500 i just would need a monitor

Desktops are generally more powerful than laptops unless u get something high end on the Apple price range

Maybe others can add to this but RAM is very important. The more RAM the better your cpu can handle multiple things at once. I have a lap top with 4GB RAM and it cant do much past browsing/streaming/basic ? . I highly doubt it could run a program like FL Studio or Ableton efficiently especially when u start using plug ins...will lead to too much lag.

As long as u get something with 8GB+ RAM you'll be alright. U can even just google 'music production lap top' for suggestions n what to look for

How you work is more important than what you're working with. If you're smart about it, you can make beats on an old ass P3 with 512MB of RAM.

Give you an example:

v322qt.png

^^ This is my DAW.

Back in 2006, this would have been state-of-the-art. But it ain't 2006, it's 2016 and even a current ? -tier Celeron can run circles around this thing.

But...

With it I can create anything I want because I know how to work smarter. I came up during the age of hardware synths and I approach softsynths in exactly the same way. For example: I don't use multiple instances of Kontakt for samples. I use a single instance set up as a multi-timbral instrument; exactly how I would with an old Emu e64, ESI32, Akai S3000/S2000, or Yamaha A3000. I'd also make use of Kontakt as an instrument itself with various instrument patches and whatnot so from a single VST I can have samples AND instrument sounds flying off of it, making better use of what I have. Same for Korg M1 and any other multi-timbral VST I have in my collection. Working like this allows me to keep using hardware long after everyone else would have abandoned it.

did u learn all that on your own or did u have someone to guide u...as far as your set up? i thought about going more hardware based and cut out a computer screen but dont really know how. i think personally the creative process flows better that way. instead i have a lap top, a maschine and gonna get my ass out to buy a midi keyboard whenever i have the time. this works pretty well for me, better than when i was just using fruity loops n was clicking the mouse all day...but people come up with great ? off that alone.

n do u have any music put up on the net u can share?
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Give you an example:

v322qt.png

^^ This is my DAW.

But...

did u learn all that on your own or did u have someone to guide u...as far as your set up? i thought about going more hardware based and cut out a computer screen but dont really know how. i think personally the creative process flows better that way. instead i have a lap top, a maschine and gonna get my ass out to buy a midi keyboard whenever i have the time. this works pretty well for me, better than when i was just using fruity loops n was clicking the mouse all day...but people come up with great ? off that alone.

n do u have any music put up on the net u can share?

I've been doing this for over 25 years and largely self-taught. The only thing I really got help with was engineering and it was from a well known engineer around Detroit and even then he started out by telling me "You have a damned good ear for this...". I started with my Atari ST and an Alesis HR16B making Techno and House while ? with hip hop in my boy's "studio" on his ASR-10 rack, MPC60II, and Yamaha W7 recording into an ADAT. I've owned quite a bit of equipment over the years but a lot of my production work was geared towards Detroit Techno, Electro, and Deep House and it was reflected in my choices in equipment. Hip Hop was a lesser part of my music, but it was there and when I did it I didn't ? with it.

As for music I've done, pretty much all of it is in my soundclick site and I'm in the process of moving it to soundcloud, but this is a joint I produced a few years ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=choV_yfq0Ro
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    one of my latest, feel like i need a foreign ? singin trippy ? on the hook

http://www.audiomack.com/song/quiet-boy-millz/trippy-ambiance
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Roster Player #99
    Roster Player #99 Members Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What you guys know about this?

https://ariamastering.com

Kinda like LANDR....you study mixing long enough, you'll find you don't REALLY need this.
  • Go figure
    Options
    What you guys know about this?

https://ariamastering.com

Trust that in the long run youre better off learning on your own off tutorials or someone showing u hands on. Short cuts really set u back in the end.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    been foolin with murda beats dark stripped down sound lately

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcjUOd5b9Xo
  • Go figure
    Options
    bump

• R2_163
    R2_163 Members Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options
    simple question. What would happen if you attempted to make money using pirated and ? software?
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R2_163 wrote: »
    simple question. What would happen if you attempted to make money using pirated and ? software?

Depends on what you mean. If you're tryna sell cracked versions of software to people it's no different than selling bootleg versions of anything. If you mean making music with the software and then making money off the music then there's not really a problem